Home The Bridge
Options

Guinan

There are people in my fleet that have Guinan immortalized, and then there are some of us that can’t even get one of her. What gives?

Comments

• Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Luck
  • Options
    IcebergDXIcebergDX ✭✭
    edited December 2017
    RNGeezus has not heard your pleas... Or he has, and I will let the video clip say it for me...

https://youtube.com/watch?v=tdhQWkTl1PQ
  • Options
    RNG

I finish top 10 almost every gauntlet. Sometimes I slack off so I can get 7 gold boxes. Also usually hit 40+ streaks.

I have ONE Guinan. Also zero Locutus. Wasn’t as strong in the beginning but have always played regularly.

So if it’s anythjng other than luck please tell me what I’m doing wrong.
  • Options
    Gotta be luck. 0 Locutus draws. 7 Guinan
  • Options
    [BL] Q [BL] Q ✭✭✭✭✭
    Filthy Creatures El Aurians best to put them in the airlock and Whooooosh
  • Options
    RNG totally. I picked mine up after an exceptionally tough Gauntlet where I placed 63.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    I got two from 3-win streaks alone. But I also win trainers on almost every other streak.

RNG is random.
  • Options
    Only got 1 Guinan and I get top 10 ever 2 days. Did the same since it was released and got 0 locutus. Had to dump 50 bucks into packs to buy him
  • Options
    dext74dext74 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1 Locutus. 0 Guinan. Almost 3000 total Gauntlet rounds - most of them during Guinan's watch.

I keep playing Gauntlet hoping that maybe they'll change the drop rate before they swap characters out, but the inconsistency in good/bad luck across players is beyond frustrating.
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Can we get Guinan as new achievement threshold reward for reaching 30'000 rounds? And every new with 10'000 extra rounds maybe? :)

BTW: @dext74 I've dun over 7'000 Gauntlet rounds ALL on Guinan's watch (I missed Locutus completely) and didn't get a single copy of her.
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    dext74dext74 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we get Guinan as new achievement threshold reward for reaching 30'000 rounds? And every new with 10'000 extra rounds maybe? :)

BTW: @dext74 I've dun over 7'000 Gauntlet rounds ALL on Guinan's watch (I missed Locutus completely) and didn't get a single copy of her.

Somehow comforting to know I'm not the worst luck in the room? :)
  • Options
    Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never played when Locutus was available. I'm around 7000 rounds played, and I've gotten four Guinans.
  • Options
    Wife got her like 6 weeks ago..
    I hadn't even seen so much as a Samarian sunset, made in the traditional way.

Then Saturday wife pulls a second on a 6 win streak and so I had a feeling..
    Rushed into the gauntlet, my win streak of 1 having played my characters to death the night before. 3 wins no. 6 wins (where my wife was..)

No.

9 wins, yes !.

(Same thing happened with Locutus)

May suggest a bias towards certain regions on certain days or time frames with in the RnG programming.

(-May-)

Keep banging, it could still happen for you.

• Options
    dext74dext74 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wife got her like 6 weeks ago..
    May suggest a bias towards certain regions on certain days or time frames with in the RnG programming.

I've started wondering about this. When I've bought the 10x10 pack and go 4-5 packs with poor results I've begun experimenting to stop opening and try again a few hours later. I've only tried once so far, and it wasn't with huge improvements, but not a large sample survey yet either.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    @FutureImperfecta
    A lot of us have noticed the streakeness of the RNG . If your having bad luck usually smart to wait a while and try again. If good luck, push it until it turns.
  • Options
    It's total RNG. When I got my Guinan I had under 500 rounds played and got it from like the second or third loot box after a gauntlet had just started.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's gotta be RNGesus. I finished a Gauntlet with TWO Boxes to open. Guinan was suffocating in the FIRST ONE
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    RNGesus is a fickle one for sure... I had 3 Guinans from Gauntlet over the last year, then this morning I went to collect my rewards for last night's Gauntlet and BAM! I only had three boxes (crates, chests??) to open as I'd finished in the low 30's and the second one had my FOURTH Guinan!

Then... and I do apologise if this upsets anyone... I set off another Gauntlet and on a winning streak of just nine... Guess who???

Thank you RNGesus - you've just immortalised my Guinan! Two Guinans in under 6 hours - is that a record?
  • Options
    I played gauntlet reguraly since it started almost 7k rounds, got Locutus the week before it changed to Guinan, have gotten 4 Guinan, the first one a month after they swapped.

Have gotten them during streaks, end win boxes and in a first time win box, it’s all down to luck.

Only thing I can say is hang in there and sooner or later RNGesus will smile at you.
  • Options
    PompeyMagnusPompeyMagnus ✭✭✭✭
    It's all luck.

I rarely played Gauntlet, but I snagged a Guinan from an easy 3-streak reward in November or December. I'm not usually that lucky in this game.
  • Options
    ThurthoradThurthorad ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    =GBP= Bear wrote: »
    Thank you RNGesus - you've just immortalised my Guinan! Two Guinans in under 6 hours - is that a record?

I'm afraid not... I got 3 of her in the same Gaunlet, 2 in one run, another 4 hours later. I just assumed something was broken that evening and everyone was getting them.
  • Options
    Well done Thurthorad! Glad it's not just me - just sorry for everyone else that hasn't had the same good luck - and that's ALL it seems to be. If you're not winning Guinans in Gauntlet, keep trying! As Morn said earlier, hang in there...

For me, it really put a smile on my face today... The first one, as I tried to get my poor old eyes to focus on the screen was quite a shock to my still half asleep brain, but now I take the good with the bad.

If I get nailed in what seemed to be an un-loseable match, I just shrug now...

It IS RNG after all.

When the good stuff happens, it just evens out the karma, IMHO.

The second one this morning did make me do a quick Snoopy dance tho!!!

snoopy-dance-gif.gif
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    =GBP= Bear wrote: »
    Well done Thurthorad! Glad it's not just me - just sorry for everyone else that hasn't had the same good luck - and that's ALL it seems to be. If you're not winning Guinans in Gauntlet, keep trying! As Morn said earlier, hang in there...

For me, it really put a smile on my face today... The first one, as I tried to get my poor old eyes to focus on the screen was quite a shock to my still half asleep brain, but now I take the good with the bad.

If I get nailed in what seemed to be an un-loseable match, I just shrug now...

It IS RNG after all.

When the good stuff happens, it just evens out the karma, IMHO.

The second one this morning did make me do a quick Snoopy dance tho!!!

snoopy-dance-gif.gif

b1FO4fl.jpg

b1FO4fl.jpg
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really hope I get my 5th Guinan before she leaves the gauntlet.
  • Options
    Captain SushiCaptain Sushi ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018

I really hope I get my 1st Guinan before she leaves the gauntlet. :neutral:
  • Options
    I had 1 drop in the first month on my eXo account. I’ve got over 5,000 rounds on my VIP 0 and no guinans yet.
    Proud Former Admiral of eXodus
    Proud Former Officer of The Gluten Empire

Retired 12-14-20. So long, and thanks for all the cat pics!
  • Options

I really hope I just get ONE Guinan before she leaves the gauntlet! And I'm consistently in the top 5 in gauntlet! Gaaaaah!
  • Options
    This is exactly how our fleet is. Two of us have immortal Guinan. Rest are 2 or less.

We 2 have thousands more Rounds completed and played Gauntlet for Guinan, since we both managed a 3/5 Locutus from previous gauntlet.