Home The Bridge
Options

Guinan

2»

Comments

• Options
    This is exactly how our fleet is. Two of us have immortal Guinan. Rest are 2 or less.

We 2 have thousands more Rounds completed and played Gauntlet for Guinan, since we both managed a 3/5 Locutus from previous gauntlet.

It's worse than that, after the immortal I have another at 2/5. Thought I'd get a second immortal, but I haven't seen another Guinan for a few months now.

If CS ever gets back to me with the honor, I'll push Locutus to 4/5 so that 20,000th round will finish him.
  • Options
    DraftedMcCoyDraftedMcCoy ✭✭✭✭
    A friend got his sixth Guinan this morning. I run the Gauntlet everyday and have one.
  • Options
    Hunter247Hunter247 ✭✭✭✭
    I have several thousand rounds under my belt and finished pretty high on several occasions and have not seen a trace of Guinan.

Maybe one day if I am lucky but that doesn't seem to be the case
  • Options
    RNG is definitely a part of the gauntlet, as it is in all other aspects of the game, but there are also several gauntlet strategies that can increase one's chances of getting the rare reward. I have collected 7 Gunians. I attribute this to luck and that I've played far more gauntlet rounds (and have opened far more boxes) than the average player.

I don't deny the role of RNG, but to say that it is the only determining factor in earning Guinan is naively dismissive of the strategies that players have developed to increase their odds over the more casual player.
    Proud member of eXodus
    Join the eXo|plosion today!
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    She is FIERCE:

3NCKJKE.jpg

3NCKJKE.jpg
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    SMMSMM ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    I have two very similar accounts. I have 1/5 and 5/5.
  • Options
    Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    Copper wrote: »
    I really hope I get my 5th Guinan before she leaves the gauntlet.

I really hope I just get ONE Guinan before she leaves the gauntlet! And I'm consistently in the top 5 in gauntlet! Gaaaaah!

I've only received one Guinan from boxes at the end of a gauntlet (finished 4th). The other three were from streaks (6 wins, 18 wins, and 28 wins).
  • Options
    [BL] Q [BL] Q ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Hunter247 wrote: »
    I have several thousand rounds under my belt and finished pretty high on several occasions and have not seen a trace of Guinan.

Maybe one day if I am lucky but that doesn't seem to be the case

70jlq5tkxzf3.gif
  • Options
    You have to remember that the rounds for gauntlets weren’t always counted in achievements. Since they started counting, I’m currently at 11,161 rounds. I never picked up a locutus but have collected three guinans so far.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have to remember that the rounds for gauntlets weren’t always counted in achievements. Since they started counting, I’m currently at 11,161 rounds. I never picked up a locutus but have collected three guinans so far.

Achievements were added roughly when Guinan was added. The achievement count is a good measure for how long you haven't gotten Guinan. The locutus rounds are not included.
  • Options

12,600 rounds and 7 Guinan. The RNG isn't everything, but it sure is significant.
  • Options
    AviTrek wrote: »

Achievements were added roughly when Guinan was added. The achievement count is a good measure for how long you haven't gotten Guinan. The locutus rounds are not included.

Roughly. Guinan was added June 6th. Achievements were added June 13th. ;)