Home The Bridge
Options

Increase Hyperspanner drop rate

(HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2017 in The Bridge
If DB is gonna have crew like Mirror Geordie La Forge that needs dozens of hyperspanners then DB needs to drastically increase the drop rate. Even doing warp 10s on the only one level,that drops hyperspanners you often only get 1-3 of them.
Let’s fly!

Comments

• Options
    Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least you'll get a handful of 0* Bloodwine while you're at it?
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Replicate it. These have been known bottleneck issues for a while. Other Geordie's have them.
  • Options
    Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eh, the problem with replicating is that they are used in the uniform slot. He takes a total of 44, spread over 15 total items.

One takes 8 (which is also an event reward), nine take 4 (3*+ uniform, amongst others), and 5 take 3 or less.

So, it's hard to replicate past it when you only have a few replicates per day.
  • Options
    MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    I farm these often, whenever I get low, with extra chrons from Voyages, events, gauntlet, etc. Aside from being used a lot for characters, they're also a perennial inclusion in Galaxy event recipes. You should always keep several dozen on hand.
  • Options
    Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    k3v wrote: »
    Don't worry, I'm sure one of the Galaxy recipes will involve a hyperspanner. Keeps competition in check.

Guaranteed to. Galaxy events always use hard to get items that are required to level the galaxy crew. That's DB punishing you double for playing galaxies. Wouldn't want to be able to play and level, that would be a sin (see voyages nerf).
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    And while you're at it buff the other Hyperspanner as well. Both have weak drop rates and the other is on a mission with only two drops.

VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    Hope_FHope_F ✭✭✭
    I would at least choose two dozens other items for an increased drop rate, before I arrive at hyperspanners.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    One thing to do, if they are used in the Galaxy component of the Hybrid Event, is to keep track of where they drop. Then maybe go for "extras" with left over Chronos after you finish your target in the Event Points.

Scott

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    I agree, some items need better drops or more places to get at a lowish cost.
    I'm trying to get a final item put together for my Mirror Troi and it's her level 100 5* Assassination Plans.

Now I'm not complaining that 5* items take work, that kinda comes with the territory. But it is absolutely insane that this thing needs 20 2* encoded communiques which are Maquis faction-drop only. I can't even begin to do any Maquis faction events until the faction portion of this event is over. 2* encoded communiques are always in demand too, so so so many characters use them, so I never have any in stock or barely have like 2-3 at most.

I could replicate the whole thing but that costs replicator fuel, plus one replicator use, plus 250000 credits. I still think it is absurd that when replicating we are paying twice to do so: once in fuel and once in credits.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    I could replicate the whole thing but that costs replicator fuel, plus one replicator use, plus 250000 credits. I still think it is absurd that when replicating we are paying twice to do so: once in fuel and once in credits.

It costs 177000 to build normally. That's a giant red flag saying REPLICATE NOW! It also can't be conveniently broken into smaller parts so you're probably better off replicating anyways. There are more terrifying items out there.

• Options
    Yeah if you're spending that much for 2* encoded comminques then just bite the bullet and replicate it.
  • Options
    I do one or two gold replications a week. That would undoubtedly be one of them.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    You get 4 on the average for 40 chrons. That's decent enough.
  • Options
    Totally agree with this thread. I got around to leveling my Lt Commander La Forge in prep for the event, and then started on Mirror La Forge yesterday after the pack became available, and oh my god there are a lot of hyperspanners!
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    One thing to do, if they are used in the Galaxy component of the Hybrid Event, is to keep track of where they drop. Then maybe go for "extras" with left over Chronos after you finish your target in the Event Points.

Scott
    Scott do you use the wiki. This is its page for the DS9 hyperspanner.

https://stt.wiki/wiki/Hyperspanner_(DS9)

The link does not work because of parentheses.
    It takes you to the hyperspanner page. Click on the text not the pic for DS9 hyperspanner.

• Options
    WaldoMag wrote: »

Scott
    Scott do you use the wiki. This is its page for the DS9 hyperspanner.

https://stt.wiki/wiki/Hyperspanner_(DS9)

The link does not work because of parentheses.
    It takes you to the hyperspanner page. Click on the text not the pic for DS9 hyperspanner.

Okay? Thanx?

Scott

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's the part I call the paintbrush. It is annoying to get, but still better than the science experiments.
  • Options
    MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hope_F wrote: »
    I would at least choose two dozens other items for an increased drop rate, before I arrive at hyperspanners.
    This. Particularly in reference to Geordie, I personally hate Starfleet Test Cylinders. Thank DB that they put two sets of them as threshold rewards!
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magisse wrote: »
    Hope_F wrote: »
    This. Particularly in reference to Geordie, I personally hate Starfleet Test Cylinders. Thank DB that they put two sets of them as threshold rewards!

Test Cylinder drops from The Raptor's Fury (E7M4***) which is the best mission for AdWarping or farming 3* Clothing Patterns. After awhile you'll find you just have some Cylinders lying around since they're not used very often.

Hyperspanners have no similar luxury. At least I don't have to worry about Bloodwine anymore.
  • Options
    Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ivanstone wrote: »

It costs 177000 to build normally. That's a giant red flag saying REPLICATE NOW! It also can't be conveniently broken into smaller parts so you're probably better off replicating anyways. There are more terrifying items out there.

The Manitoba Journal of Interplanetary Psychology comes to mind.
  • Options
    I had a surplus of these trying to get bloodwine. And when I used up the hyperspanners, all I got was bloodwine. It’s like the game sees those green lights plus icons and lowers the drop rate LOL
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭

Naw, thats bad but there are worse.

https://stt.wiki/wiki/Gowron's_Armor
    206K build, lotsa faction items, weak stats.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sniper Ezri Fax has her gold level uniform that needs about a million patterns. Easy to get, but still a lot.
  • Options
    Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭

I did end up replicating it.
    Reminds me of the nightmare that is Alternate Future Bashir and Bashir, Julian Bashir's 5* Kukalakas, those are the worst item builds I've ever seen. Perhaps this is a new thread we should start: what are the worst item builds in-game?

I would vote Bashir's 4* and 5* Kukalakas for the sheer number of 0* Medical Experiments as well as the vast number of other smaller components Kukalaka needs beaucoups of, and Mirror Troi's 5* Assassination Plans for the 20 2* Encoded Communiques, of course.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's a lot worse drop rates on stuff in this game compared to the spanners... this would not be my top complaint... *cough* science experiments *cough*
  • Options
    Yateball wrote: »
    There's a lot worse drop rates on stuff in this game compared to the spanners... this would not be my top complaint... *cough* science experiments *cough*

There are a LOT of horrible drop rates on stuff. I've gotten to the point where I can deal with bad drop rates a lot better than faction only drops. I get really frustrated when I hit one of those roadblocks where the only way to get what I need is to run 3 hour shuttles or hope it's in the faction store. The replicator does help a lot, but some days it seems like i run out of replicator uses really fast lol. I wish they would expand the VIP ranks and by extension raise the number of replicator uses per day.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    That's the part I call the paintbrush. It is annoying to get, but still better than the science experiments.

OH MY DOG!!!!! I call it a "paintbrush", too!!!!!

Scott

• Options

I did end up replicating it.
    Reminds me of the nightmare that is Alternate Future Bashir and Bashir, Julian Bashir's 5* Kukalakas, those are the worst item builds I've ever seen. Perhaps this is a new thread we should start: what are the worst item builds in-game?

I would vote Bashir's 4* and 5* Kukalakas for the sheer number of 0* Medical Experiments as well as the vast number of other smaller components Kukalaka needs beaucoups of, and Mirror Troi's 5* Assassination Plans for the 20 2* Encoded Communiques, of course.

Luckily the forums warned my about this cursed object Kukalaka! It was replicated without a second though. Same with Mirror Troi's lvl 100 Assassination Plans... Took one look at it and was like "Nope!"
  • Options
    Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭

Naw, thats bad but there are worse.

https://stt.wiki/wiki/Gowron's_Armor
    206K build, lotsa faction items, weak stats.

OK, anything that needs six purple items to build is just cruel. :p