Home The Bridge
Options

Increase Hyperspanner drop rate

2»

Comments

• Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would vote Bashir's 4* and 5* Kukalakas for the sheer number of 0* Medical Experiments as well as the vast number of other smaller components Kukalaka needs beaucoups of, and Mirror Troi's 5* Assassination Plans for the 20 2* Encoded Communiques, of course.

I actually didn't replicate that. I had some of the sub-equipment parts from other sources, so in retrospect it wasn't too heinous for that reason. I did build it prior to the Gauntlet and Starbases, so I had less Chrons to work with which made it seem worse at the time.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ivanstone wrote: »
    I could replicate the whole thing but that costs replicator fuel, plus one replicator use, plus 250000 credits. I still think it is absurd that when replicating we are paying twice to do so: once in fuel and once in credits.

It costs 177000 to build normally. That's a giant red flag saying REPLICATE NOW! It also can't be conveniently broken into smaller parts so you're probably better off replicating anyways. There are more terrifying items out there.

I did end up replicating it.
    Reminds me of the nightmare that is Alternate Future Bashir and Bashir, Julian Bashir's 5* Kukalakas, those are the worst item builds I've ever seen. Perhaps this is a new thread we should start: what are the worst item builds in-game?

I would vote Bashir's 4* and 5* Kukalakas for the sheer number of 0* Medical Experiments as well as the vast number of other smaller components Kukalaka needs beaucoups of, and Mirror Troi's 5* Assassination Plans for the 20 2* Encoded Communiques, of course.

Luckily the forums warned my about this cursed object Kukalaka! It was replicated without a second though. Same with Mirror Troi's lvl 100 Assassination Plans... Took one look at it and was like "Nope!"

I'll replicate Troi's plans after the event, as they only add 35 DIP. It would take a week of faction shuttles to farm.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    WaldoMag wrote: »
    One thing to do, if they are used in the Galaxy component of the Hybrid Event, is to keep track of where they drop. Then maybe go for "extras" with left over Chronos after you finish your target in the Event Points.

Scott
    Scott do you use the wiki. This is its page for the DS9 hyperspanner.

https://stt.wiki/wiki/Hyperspanner_(DS9)

The link does not work because of parentheses.
    It takes you to the hyperspanner page. Click on the text not the pic for DS9 hyperspanner.

Okay? Thanx?

Scott

You seemed to imply that you need to wait for the galaxy portion to see where they drop, and then remember that to farm afterwards. The wiki has all the farming data. You don't need to wait for a galaxy event and then remember anything. Farm whatever you want whenever you want. The wiki also often highlights better drop rate locations than the in game menu, so for items with multiple missions, it's often better to consult the wiki than blindly use whatever DB suggests.
  • Options
    Would it be possible for items like Hyperspanner and Science Experiment to become faction rewards? We'd get a few more that way, at least, and they could be purchased in the Faction Store, too.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    WaldoMag wrote: »
    One thing to do, if they are used in the Galaxy component of the Hybrid Event, is to keep track of where they drop. Then maybe go for "extras" with left over Chronos after you finish your target in the Event Points.

Scott
    Scott do you use the wiki. This is its page for the DS9 hyperspanner.

https://stt.wiki/wiki/Hyperspanner_(DS9)

The link does not work because of parentheses.
    It takes you to the hyperspanner page. Click on the text not the pic for DS9 hyperspanner.

Okay? Thanx?

Scott

You seemed to imply that you need to wait for the galaxy portion to see where they drop, and then remember that to farm afterwards. The wiki has all the farming data. You don't need to wait for a galaxy event and then remember anything. Farm whatever you want whenever you want. The wiki also often highlights better drop rate locations than the in game menu, so for items with multiple missions, it's often better to consult the wiki than blindly use whatever DB suggests.

Oh. I was half asleep. It was the end of the day, and I had been here at the Library for twelve hours.

Sincerely, then.

Thanx!!!!!

Scott

{I use the Wiki mostly every day, what with needing to see which choices in Dilemmas lead to opening other choices later, and I still forget it!!!!!!}

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magisse wrote: »
    Hope_F wrote: »
    I would at least choose two dozens other items for an increased drop rate, before I arrive at hyperspanners.
    This. Particularly in reference to Geordie, I personally hate Starfleet Test Cylinders. Thank DB that they put two sets of them as threshold rewards!

Test Cylinder drops from The Raptor's Fury (E7M4***) which is the best mission for AdWarping or farming 3* Clothing Patterns. After awhile you'll find you just have some Cylinders lying around since they're not used very often.

Hyperspanners have no similar luxury. At least I don't have to worry about Bloodwine anymore.
    Ah, I never could finish that one because I didn't have a marksman/saboteur so I've been farming the clothing patterns elsewhere. Now with Mirror Mayweather I'll get that done. Thanks!

• Options
    I could replicate the whole thing but that costs replicator fuel, plus one replicator use, plus 250000 credits. I still think it is absurd that when replicating we are paying twice to do so: once in fuel and once in credits.

It costs 177000 to build normally. That's a giant red flag saying REPLICATE NOW! It also can't be conveniently broken into smaller parts so you're probably better off replicating anyways. There are more terrifying items out there.

The Manitoba Journal of Interplanetary Psychology comes to mind.

Naw, thats bad but there are worse.

https://stt.wiki/wiki/Gowron's_Armor
    206K build, lotsa faction items, weak stats.

OK, anything that needs six purple items to build is just cruel. :p

The ones that really bug me are the 3 purple items to build ANOTHER PURPLE ONE!
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    [CFOH] Earl Grey[CFOH] Earl Grey ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017

The Manitoba Journal of Interplanetary Psychology comes to mind.

Naw, thats bad but there are worse.

https://stt.wiki/wiki/Gowron's_Armor
    206K build, lotsa faction items, weak stats.

OK, anything that needs six purple items to build is just cruel. :p

The ones that really bug me are the 3 purple items to build ANOTHER PURPLE ONE!

Yeah... What is that about, anyway?

*Edited due to trouble quoting prior thread