Home The Bridge
Options

Used to be venting (not about the mirror Picard issue)but...Shan and Andrea Save the Day!!

edited January 2018 in The Bridge
So a couple of weeks back the 'Strange new worlds' pack was available. I figured I'd see how good the results would be of a 10x pull. First item: THE KEEPER!!! Best Sci. Proficency in the game!!! NICE!! So the pull continues, blue crew, ship schematics, and then the game freezes mid pull. So i do the only logical thing...take a screenshot just in case, and restart the game. So im back into the game and instead of going back to my pull with the keeper inside....the game never returns to the pull. So i go to my crew and oh wow....the keeper is no where to be seen and orion vina has appeared in my crew quarters!! Good thing i have the snapshot, so the next step is to of course tell CS because i dont really want orion vina, i want the original crew in my pull (all the blue crew and ship schematics were different as well). Ticket sent, now to wait for a reply. I of course sent this snapshot to prove that i did indeed get the keeper in the pull

3gze9v12lyaa.png

One week later: I have not only argued with the CS rep about how this isnt right and i have lost trust in the time portal, but with her supervisor too. So just to recap....got a pull...didnt get the crew seen in the pull...and CS was no help. I didnt want to seem like a whiny entitled person by venting here but then i see somebody annoyed about db's compensation with the med node in last weeks expedition event. At least we got compensation...some sorrytons or merits or credits or SOMETHING to apologize for me not receiving the correct crew wouldve been nice since CS wouldnt give me what i clearly had proof should be in my inventory. But nothing, no compensation...EDIT: Andrea, the best CS rep in the WORLD (Save Shan) is going to trade Vina for the Keeper!! Thank you to @Shan and @Black Pebble for all your help!!

Comments

• Options
    Wow. Looks pretty cut and dried to me. What's their beef?
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not only should you get the crew back, no questions asked, but you should get the dil back, at a minimum, for the behavior and having to fight with CS. This is absolutely abhorrent behavior that I don't tolerate from any company.
  • Options
    Wow. Looks pretty cut and dried to me. What's their beef?
    Not only should you get the crew back, no questions asked, but you should get the dil back, at a minimum, for the behavior and having to fight with CS. This is absolutely abhorrent behavior that I don't tolerate from any company.

Sounds exactly like my fleet....i do agree it is very wrong!!
  • Options
    I'm sorry to hear this.... I haven't had anything but good and respectful responses from support as of late. And every time they were more than willing to make sure what went wrong was corrected. I actually created a thread around Christmas to thank them for their hard work and their dedication even though they have to deal with the unhappy side of things.

As much as I really do agree that you should receive the crew you pulled I also think it is good to have some "support" zen as I would not want to be in their shoes especially over the holidays.
    "I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that"
  • Options
    I'm sorry to hear this.... I haven't had anything but good and respectful responses from support as of late. And every time they were more than willing to make sure what went wrong was corrected. I actually created a thread around Christmas to thank them for their hard work and their dedication even though they have to deal with the unhappy side of things.

As much as I really do agree that you should receive the crew you pulled I also think it is good to have some "support" zen as I would not want to be in their shoes especially over the holidays.

I tried to be as kind and polite as possible...and i do agree that they have been pretty great....till now. I understand that this issue isnt their fault. But to not respect the original pull is just wrong.
  • Options
    I wasn't trying to say that you might have been impolite... I just feel that it is very hard to have an opinion on this side of the line since we as the viewer have no idea what happened.
    "I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that"
  • Options
    I wasn't trying to say that you might have been impolite... I just feel that it is very hard to have an opinion on this side of the line since we as the viewer have no idea what happened.
    Yes....that is true...
  • Options
    To play devil's advocate, screenshots can be faked. Changing pulls based on such things could be a dangerous precedent.

Still, there's no way those pulls happen client-side. You would think that, even if there's an error, they would have some server log to show the original pull happened.
  • Options
    Morbo4 wrote: »
    To play devil's advocate, screenshots can be faked. Changing pulls based on such things could be a dangerous precedent.

Still, there's no way those pulls happen client-side. You would think that, even if there's an error, they would have some server log to show the original pull happened.

I agree...never thought of that possibility till now...
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    They probably do. If I had to guess, I'd say Vina was in the pull on the server and the communication with the client screwed up and displayed the Keeper. So from everything CS can see, it was Vina in the pull. Still incredibly aggravating, and they should trust the players more.
  • Options
    It’s definitely an unfortunate situation.

I have always had very good experiences with CS. Quick responses and fairly generous fixes. I even had a situation where they had to look through 10+ beholds to find out the problem. Just mentioning this because they have the ability to do so and even sent me a copy so we could resolve the situation.

Anyway, hopefully this works out.
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭

Thats the only evidence we ever have client side. You have to trust your customers unless proven otherwise or else, its a completely adversarial relationship which then will end in divorce.
  • Options
    Im glad im not the only one that thinks this was very wrong....
  • Options
    ClanofClanof ✭✭✭
    You're not. And it does surprise me because more often than not their CS is satisfactory. But this is completely out of line, if you got a character you wanted then the game crashed, then this should have been an easy decision for them to send you that character in the mail. While it is true that screenshots can be faked, you can't go around treating your customers like they're trying to swindle you by default, especially when you don't provide them with any other type of evidence to allow them to prove their case.
  • Options
    The CS doesn't even know how the game actually works. Is it a surprise that they are behaving this way? The last bungle left many players at a huge disadvantage and they think they fixed it with chronitons(which had nothing to do with the event) and with extra tickets WHEN WE ACTUALLY HAD LESS TIME TO USE THEM. As long as we keep paying, they will keep it up.
  • Options
    I feel as though they should give you the benefit of the doubt and let you swap the Vina for The Keeper. I could see them refusing if there was a record of someone submitting tickets like this all the time as they are probably abusing the system, but even then what do they have to lose? If they keep the player happy they keep the player spending. I've been fortunate with CS, but I'm sorry, you got shafted on this.
  • Options
    Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel as though they should give you the benefit of the doubt and let you swap the Vina for The Keeper. I could see them refusing if there was a record of someone submitting tickets like this all the time as they are probably abusing the system, but even then what do they have to lose? If they keep the player happy they keep the player spending. I've been fortunate with CS, but I'm sorry, you got shafted on this.

If that's their paradigm, then all I have to do is find someone else with a screenshot of a pull that has the character I want and, presto, I can swap out a 5* for any other.

In this case, CS can only be as good as the internal history/logs.
  • Options
    Is it not possible for them to be able to tell what you pulled and when you pulled it?

I know they can see your crew list (they've added stuff to mine when the game bugged out on me) so I would have thought they would be able to tell if you had pulled the Keeper?
  • Options
    Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope Shan or Black Pebble can help you out. As someone who has tried (and failed) many times to pull a Keeper, I would be super frustrated if that happened to me.
  • Options

I have to say that peoples thinking on stuff of this nature just confounds me. We are not talking about something that is tangible. BD could give out 50 Keepers a day and it's not a real lose... it's not even a real picture that you could hold in your hand and admire... it's just an image on a screen. Once the game is done... and it will be over someday... there is nothing that you will actually have except that you had fun while it lasted.

Personally, I think it is really dangerous when people start taking what they see and read on the internet as being reality based. I could go on and on about that subject...

But back on topic :) Just give the guy his game piece and move on ( and 5 others for good measure)... it's not worth stressing about... it not real.
  • Options
    [BL] Q [BL] Q ✭✭✭✭✭

While it's true I could send a ticket with a screenshot of a legendary drop that one of my fleetmates got and claim it's my own and ask for it to be returned to my crew quarters. It would take a few mins based on the time and date I did my pulls for CS to understand I've been pulling their leg and wasting their time.

While I don't think the op was being deceitful with CS I don't think CS thouroughly investigated his/her claim if they did 10/10 times they would swap the crew for what was originally gained through purchases. Good will seems to be down of late when dealing with reps when they're great we share our good fortune with our fleetmates and friends in game and praise CS when they refuse to help and issue copy & paste responses it will hit Facebook,forum, Reddit, Discord and twitter.

It's easier to save face and rule to the side of the player when they provide proof and report bugs rather than think a player is trying to chance their arm. All the data is there if they had the time to check it thoroughly with right sizing and ticket quotas this may no longer be possible.
  • Options
    Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had a fleet mate try to report a bug he had with his game. Not asking for anything, didn't want anything, just trying to help DB out by reporting the bug.

2+ weeks later, his experience included multiple emails asking for screen shots provided with the initial ticket and reprovided multiple times; multiple emails asking for information provided in the original ticket and then repeated; requests for VERY specific personally identifying information completely unrelated to the bug or game; and escalating to a supervisor (I want to say two supervisors, but I don't recall for sure) and still getting no where, he finally gave up, and will never talk to CS again.
    He's had other bugs, and his experience was so terrible that he won't waste his time by dealing with CS, even if they could get him back what was lost.
  • Options
    Has @Shan been informed of this ?
    She's often the bearer of bad news here lol but when there is a big CS screw up I've seen her be quite the hero.

• Options
    Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see a lot of players blow things out of proportion, but this is definitely not one of those times. You are completely justified in your frustration in this case, and I hope CS sees that and gives you what you deserve.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has @Shan been informed of this ?
    She's often the bearer of bad news here lol but when there is a big CS screw up I've seen her be quite the hero.

Seconding making sure Shan is in the loop. Earlier rather than later.

Scott

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Thank you everybody, i just knew that this was wrong. Ill pm shan and see if we can still fix this.
  • Options
    I also appreciate the trust that i see people placing in me that i would never fabricate a screenshot...thank you very much!!
  • Options
    My experiences with CS have been very positive, and I can't believe they would treat you this way. I hope you're able, somehow, to get your keeper. These are the issues that really build goodwill within the playerbase.
  • Options
    Outrageous customer service. I believe OP.

Don't get me going too long about my experiences over voyages, but it goes like this:

CS:
    "Voyage problem? How much dilithium-'...
    'No dilithium involved?! Too Bad. Ticket closed'
    ~ seeking out new life