Home The Bridge

Dabo wheel is a joke.

That is the biggest mistake I have ever made in this game. I'll never do that again.
ris854tr7ejn.png

Comments

• DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kirkish1 wrote: »
    That is the biggest mistake I have ever made in this game. I'll never do that again.
    ris854tr7ejn.png

Might as well finish now.......

Scott

What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • ...He already spent 790 dil to get junk. It would still cost 3200 more dil for the three spins needed to reach the top row once (Assuming his luck stays as is, which is likely). It would take more than 11000 more clear it. More than enough to get 20 regular packs.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morbo4 wrote: »
    ...He already spent 790 dil to get junk. It would still cost 3200 more dil for the three spins needed to reach the top row once (Assuming his luck stays as is, which is likely). It would take more than 11000 more clear it. More than enough to get 20 regular packs.

Clean fly by?
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • DurasDuras ✭✭
    edited December 2017
    I long ago gave up doing more than the credit rolls on dabo. The quality of this side game has declined massively since it was first introduced. Originally the game actually generated items that you needed for your crew to form the majority of the first and second row items, there might have been one or two ‘turkeys’ on the bottom row that you didn’t need but most of the rewards were useful.

Looking at todays’s selection for me there is one item on the top row that is an item I need for one of my crew and the two 4* crew on the top row would fuse with incomplete crew in my roster, but everything else on the entire board is completely useless to me, it even managed to pick schematic collections for ships I already have fully levelled, none of the items on rows 1&2 are required by any crew in my roster.

87r9w7qv7pd3.png
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It costs about 16000 dilithium to get all the rewards
  • Duras wrote: »
    I long ago gave up doing more than the credit rolls on dabo. The quality of this side game has declined massively since it was first introduced. Originally the game actually generated items that you needed for your crew to form the majority of the first and second row items, there might have been one or two ‘turkeys’ on the bottom row that you didn’t need but most of the rewards were useful.

Looking at todays’s selection for me there is one item on the top row that is an item I need for one of my crew and the two 4* crew on the top row would fuse with incomplete crew in my roster, but everything else on the entire board is completely useless to me, it even managed to pick schematic collections for ships I already have fully levelled, none of the items on rows 1&2 are required by any crew in my roster.

87r9w7qv7pd3.png

This is how my Dabo looks most days. If I have crew still around for the reenlistment period, I might have a bottom row item for them. I did get lucky and hit a 4* in the top row 2 - 3 months ago, which was the first time in over a year that I hit the top row.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    @Kirkish1
    Why did you spend the dil. were you after the top row item. Nothing else up there is worth the dil.
  • In more than a year I never won anything on the top row of the dabo, so... save your dilithium, please...
  • I hope this doesnt sound to prideful, but once i did 5 spins....got all 5 of the middle row items
  • Yea the dabo wheel is a joke but I was lucky and got the top row a couple times. But today I just spin twice
  • Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    Getting the top row is incredibly rare. I've only got one 4* from the top row and only once.
    I got an Angel One Riker from Dabo once on a 5000 credit spin, but I have never got the 5*.

There was only one time I spent a ton on Dabo and that was to get a star for my Ardra, I will never make that mistake again, it took 13 pulls just to get her, the 5* was the only pull left and at that point it would cost 4k dilithium to do a final pull.

Here is the info on Dabo by the way, thank goodness we have it, so we can see how bad of a trap it is.
    By the way, I still do daily Dabo, but I never pull beyond the credit pull. I only do a 10 dilithium pull if my dil is sitting at ten or more over a 00 or 50 mark.

q6erx1sxn9l8.png
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • https://stt.wiki/wiki/Time_Portal#Dabo_Wheel

Never try on purpose to hit the top row with a 1.3% chance. I have hit top row 3 times since July with one crew and two equipment. I will usually do two spins and sometimes go up to 50 dil if I am feeling rich.
  • Knight RangerKnight Ranger ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Duras wrote: »
    Originally the game actually generated items that you needed for your crew to form the majority of the first and second row items, there might have been one or two ‘turkeys’ on the bottom row that you didn’t need but most of the rewards were useful.

I went through a period of a month or two in the summer where it was doing that to me. Nothing on the second or third lines were things any character needed. But then it went back to how it was when I started - needing most of the items, like you say in your first paragraph. I don't know how it switched, or how it switched back, but it still seems okay for me at the moment.

As regards the table of odds @Lady Gaghgagh posted from the Wiki, I'm not entirely certain that those still are the odds. If they are then I've been having some very weird luck lately, if you can call it that. For the last few weeks I've been hitting the middle row regularly with my credit-spin, pretty much every other day. It's almost always one of the two schematics that comes up which is just replicator food for me, but still, to be hitting a 6.85% or 10.92% item that often for an extended period of time seems improbable.

Methinks I need to start documenting this. Something to do in the new year I guess.
    Level 99. Latest Immortal (957): Chancellor Gowron - October 2023.
  • I've pulled a top level item once in six months, and it wasn't a character card. Seriously, take a few day long voyages. You'll get far more out of it!
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes the dabo is rigged. The odds of getting top row are crazy low.
    Let’s fly!
  • Cpt. CavemanCpt. Caveman ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Getting the top row is incredibly rare. I've only got one 4* from the top row and only once.
    I got an Angel One Riker from Dabo once on a 5000 credit spin, but I have never got the 5*.

There was only one time I spent a ton on Dabo and that was to get a star for my Ardra, I will never make that mistake again, it took 13 pulls just to get her, the 5* was the only pull left and at that point it would cost 4k dilithium to do a final pull.

Here is the info on Dabo by the way, thank goodness we have it, so we can see how bad of a trap it is.
    By the way, I still do daily Dabo, but I never pull beyond the credit pull. I only do a 10 dilithium pull if my dil is sitting at ten or more over a 00 or 50 mark.

q6erx1sxn9l8.png

Top prize is 1 in 500? That sounds a little high to me. I would have guessed .021%
  • Dabo has changed at some point. I don’t even get middle row items anymore. It’s been months. Nothing but absolute garbage.
    239 Immortalized
    Gametag: ECH
  • {DD} Smelly{DD} Smelly ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ive been playing for almost a year. I have never gotten anything off the top row. Not one single time.
  • I’ve been at it for just over a year. 2 pulls every single day plus three or more during specials. I’m passing 1000 pulls and never ever got above row 2. It’s no place to build your crew...
    DB = Climbing up an endless wall...
  • V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    Just wanted to report I hit the top row today with Icheb, which actually was his 4th star.

I believe this is my first trip back to the top row since July of 2016. Somewhere in the fall of 2016 I finally limited myself to only 1 spin a day, which I have done every day since then.
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • There were only three things in this Dabo I couldn't use. Did three pulls, and got all three.

spdp5skxts9s.png

I had this same thing happen to me 3 times. The 3rd time it happened, I switched to only the credit pull. It still never gives me an item I can use, but I don't feel so bad about it now that I'm not paying DIL for it.
    Immortalized crew count:
    27×1★; 45×2★; 72×3★; 121×4★; 14×5★

FE, not fused crew count:
    0×2★; 0×3★; 18×4★; 21×5★
  • I have never hit a top row in over a year of play. I used to spin one credit and two dilithium rolls per day, but stopped spending on it about a month or so ago since it is nothing but a scam.
  • edited January 2018
    Another kick in the teeth over the holidays was this. DB's "gift" of two spins.

Two empty boxes with wrapping and a bow are still two empty boxes.

Dabo is worthless.
  • I have played since the start and never gotten top row. I’ve gone through phases of spending 2-3 dil rolls a day to now only doing credit rolls exactly because of all above reasons.

My crew is equipped to the point that it is rare the wheel actually show useful items. Add that top row items havee a microscopic chance to trigger its a no brainer to only do credit rolls.