Home The Bridge
Options

My tiny little New Year shoutout :)

edited January 2018 in The Bridge
While forums are generally used to bash a game, share stuff, give suggestions that will (almost) never happen, vent, or mainly be a dic... upset about stuff, there are always REAL PEOPLE behind their avatars. While the real "Star Trek" meaning has been diluted through the years, it has always meant to bring people together, regardless of status, race, skin color (like... green?! light blue?! yes, please!)... and VIP level. So let's take a light-hearted approach to stuff for a change and appreciate the people that are making us all come back to the forum and post and enjoy our time expressing ourselves.

As such, I would like to make a small post that would serve as my personal little New Year's shoutout to the people I have totally had fun discussing various topics over the past year, or reading what they've had to say (IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER!!! :P):

Data1001
Althea Biermont
Travis S McClain
Knight Ranger
Pallidyne
(CSF) Jesus Is Lord
Peachtree Rex
Ace Boogie
Enterprise Was Best
Kaitee
Lady Gaghgagh
Jim Steele
Magisse
Capt. Chaos
Kant
eXo Frank - for his youtube vids until he pulled a David Marcus!!!
Ivanstone
The Great Gornholio
[10F] Belle'Anna
Captain Jello
DScottHewitt
(FF) This Sisko1
Commander Sinclair
·§ë· For The Many

and of course, our awesome moderators Shan and... that Black Pebble guy and his very famous smudge. Dat smudge, though...

Comments

• Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow thank you. I feel honoured to have made the list...
    You've been engaging as well :)
  • Options
    Thanks, Dobchan :smile:
    Level 99. Latest Immortal (957): Chancellor Gowron - October 2023.
  • Options
    MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whoa, made the list. *Does a little dance*

Happy New Year, man
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    [BL] Q wrote: »
    No Q!!! This is the worst list ever
    SAD!!
    m7o06clzaj49.jpg

My avatar in STT is Captain Q :P The smiling one. Such a likeable character. My second immortalized legendary crew after the Borg Queen was Judge Q, ergo, you. So... you are making the cut :P
  • Options
    [BL] Q [BL] Q ✭✭✭✭✭
    [BL] Q wrote: »
    No Q!!! This is the worst list ever
    SAD!!
    m7o06clzaj49.jpg

My avatar in STT is Captain Q :P The smiling one. Such a likeable character. My second immortalized legendary crew after the Borg Queen was Judge Q, ergo, you. So... you are making the cut :P

uw50awhwhu1m.gif
  • Options
    This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol good ol Q and have a great 2018!
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Pallidyne wrote: »
    Wow thank you. I feel honoured to have made the list...
    You've been engaging as well :)

It's a great community with so much stories to share :) It's never about the game, but always about the people who play it. Happy New Year, you awesome people :)
  • Options
    Happy New Year to all of you! This really is a great community, and I love being a part of it!
  • Options
    Wow gee thanks! Never thought I'd make a list of good guys. Proud to be mentioned along with all the other wonderful members, and Happy New Year to everyone and Live Long and Prosper to Dobchan!
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a lovely and sweet post, and I thought that before I even saw my own name so kindly included with all the other fantastic community members. Thank you for your own contributions to the forum, Kapitan Dobchan! :)
  • Options
    Princess TristaPrincess Trista ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ummm, I'm totally jel. Frank? Over me?? Omg lol
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Ummm, I'm totally jel. Frank? Over me?? Omg lol

I feel ashamed now, because the first time I wondered how come Bev has a hat thing (because who's Bev in a hat, of course it's you), and had to watch the entire season all over again... On Steam, when I wrote the "the one with the hat" in my gauntlet guide for MED I was totally thinking about you. No bull-schitte. For realz.

EDIT: And for some inexplicable reason everyone is calling me Dobo now. I like it.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Thank you for including me as well...i try to bash db as little as possible (but within reasonable limits at times :wink: ) and be kind natured to other players, and you are also a very kind and considerate player too Kapitan Dobchan! I just wish i had thought of this shoutout idea sooner, very smart! HAVE A BLESSED NEW YEAR TOO ALL OF YOU!!
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks man!! I’m glad you consider my contributions a good thing. As I said in another thread, the people here on the forums have a forgive and forget mentality. I totally appreciate that considering I know I have myself said a few not so nice things. You are correct, behind all that we are people and it’s pretty cool to stop and initiate some good will between all of us. Great move Dobchan!
  • Options
    As a relative newbie to the forums, I want to thank all of you for making the forums informative and thought provoking, lighthearted and entertaining, and mostly positive and troll-free. You have improved my gameplay and my interest in the game. May you all have a great 2018 both in STT and IRL.
  • Options
    Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    <3
  • Options
    KaiteeKaitee ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aww <3

Well everyone, like I was saying to my fleet, 2018 is the year the Dax symbiont was born (or hatched or spawned or whatever those crazy critters do), so, happy Year Of The Ankylosaurus.
  • Options
    Love to see positive posts! Warm and fuzzies all around!
  • Options
    Lalandra wrote: »
    Love to see positive posts! Warm and fuzzies all around!

Yeah, I gotta admit it made me feel better than it should have lol.

fv56zspizqoe.png