Home Make It So!
Options

Galaxy events no longer sustainable

ReginoldJuddReginoldJudd ✭✭✭
edited January 2018 in Make It So!
I'm the guy who's currently in 6th place in the galaxy event. I spent over 44000 chron to get to this point, and by my estimates the person in the lead currently had to spend around 80000 chron to get there.

Since we have to wait on animations, etc., when processing items, it takes literally days to tap all the necessary times to accomplish such a feat of using 80000 chron. Even with the extended event, it took me 10+ hours/day on both Sunday and Monday to turn in all of mine. That means the person at the top likely spent 40+ hours doing nothing but tapping on the screen.

Given that the average hybrid only gives us 48 hours, that means galaxy events have become completely impossible. I'm not going to attempt to guess at how Thepsi managed such a feat, but I would not be willing to try doing anything more difficult than what I just did without some form of cheating (I did not and have not cheated in the game, just an fyi. I've shed blood sweat and tears to get where I am). I guarantee that the current galaxy situation will result in many, many more people cheating.

This leads me to a couple of possible solutions for fixes:
#1: Bring back multiple crafts. A long time ago, it used to be possible to craft more than one of an item at a time. This was likely not intended behavior, as evidenced by the fact that it is now impossible, but it would significantly improve the time expenditure needed on these events by reducing the number of animations.
#2: Allow us to turn these silly animations off. I don't need an interrupting popup every time I craft one of the 2500+ critical successes I've crafted this event.
#3: Allow us to auto-craft the final item for each turn-in. The technology is there for crafting equipment on characters, so why not in galaxy, too?
#4: Have increased difficulty options. As with galaxies where you have 3 competing factions, you could have 3 galaxy difficulty levels. Level 1 uses mostly basic and common items (with a few easy-to-obtain uncommons). Level 2 uses mostly common and uncommon with a few rare. Level 3 uses uncommon and rare with a few super rare. The chron costs of obtaining the items rise substantially, but so do the rewards, so that people willing to brave the highest level get the best VP/chron.

Comments

• Options
    44K! Holy $#!%! I guess DB got what they wanted and forced people to buy chromitons from the store. I guess we can kiss any chance of having our voyages back the way they were.
  • Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    I'm not in the 44K range, but I have been saving up chronitons from Voyages, Daily Rewards and message awards for months, and managed to put in probably around 8-10K into this end of year event. I was so excited to finally be ranked in the Top 1000, somewhere in the 500's, as noon EST approached...

Unfortunately, that was noon... of Monday, Jan 1st. The extended event duration screwed me. Having exhausted my chronitons, I lost hundreds of rank positions, ending up ranked in the 1300's, earning me an excess Mirror Janeway and a LaForge I already have in cold storage. :neutral:

I don't know if this is necessarily a "problem" in terms of game design, but it's extremely disheartening as an avid player to know that there's no way to get a Legendary crew from an event through game play, without tossing money at the game.

Anyway, just needed to vent, and this thread seemed as good a place as any.
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    AS I proclaimed in an earlier thread, I am Schmallen. I spent 14000 dilithium on shuttle speed ups. Used 12 5 star speed ups, 44 4 star, and ALL the rest used 3 star. Of course did the kickstart. 4 one minute missions, 4 20 minute, then 20 one hour, all completed instantly with boosts. This landed me 4th going into galaxy. I had 65,000 chrons. I built items ALL FIVE DAYS NON-STOP. Ran out late last night. I put every resource I had into this event. Save every single thing for months. And now the game is down as soon as the event ended so I have no idea what happened. When I went to bed last night I was 750,000 points in first but I doubt I finished first
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just got back in. I finished 3rd. Devoted 5 days of my life to it not to mention 3 or 4 months of hoarding every single resource. I guess the lesson is no matter what you do, there is a bigger dork than you out there. I must say to, I got some messed up messages from the guy in 12th. His name was something about building a sphere. Told me I $U(K, I wasn’t even worthy of his second account. Insulted me pretty bad. Very stupid stuff. So much so that I felt the need to call him out
  • Options
    Nero84Nero84 ✭✭✭
    I thought spending 7000 chronitons was a lot and I ranked in top 500barely.... I agree there is major issues if you need to save 44000 chronitons to get slightly better rewards there are problems in the overall structure.
  • Options
    ReginoldJuddReginoldJudd ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Just got back in. I finished 3rd. Devoted 5 days of my life to it not to mention 3 or 4 months of hoarding every single resource. I guess the lesson is no matter what you do, there is a bigger dork than you out there. I must say to, I got some messed up messages from the guy in 12th. His name was something about building a sphere. Told me I $U(K, I wasn’t even worthy of his second account. Insulted me pretty bad. Very stupid stuff. So much so that I felt the need to call him out

I know it **tsk tsk**, having devoted a significant portion of that time myself, but I was very impressed by your score.

As for the jerk... that's awful.
  • Options
    Nero84 wrote: »
    I thought spending 7000 chronitons was a lot and I ranked in top 500barely.... I agree there is major issues if you need to save 44000 chronitons to get slightly better rewards there are problems in the overall structure.

That wasn't my point, though. Yes, it would be great if they could revamp the rewards, maybe base them on how many people are playing instead of just 'top 1". but my point was that it physically took every ounce of my energy and every moment of my life for two solid days to finish *6th*... and I can't imagine the time investment from the top player. It's too much time, especially on a galaxy hybrid that would normally give you only 48 hours. If 40 of those 48 hours must be tapping your screen to win, it's not possible to win without cheating.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

I know it ****, having devoted a significant portion of that time myself, but I was very impressed by your score.

As for the jerk... that's awful.

Thanks man. I appreciate that. I saw your name up there the whole event. Good job bro!

• Options
    Just getting into the top 1000 is brutal too, even if you are a modest spender.

Seems pretty common for me to either barely get into the top 1000 by like 5 spots, or barely lose by 5 spots, usually in a matter of seconds right at the end.

I know the solution is to "buy more packs", but man is it demoralizing to waste a whole weekend trying to get a legendary only to lose it at the finish line because 5000 other people also want to be in the top 1000.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭

I know it's not at all what you wanted, but congrats on the 3rd place finish in any case!

I hope that bonehead who hurled abuse at you gets kicked out of the game. There's no place for that stuff in STT... and there shouldn't be a place for that sort of stuff anywhere. Probably an 11-year-old brat who thinks he's hot stuff because he spent every dime of his mommy and daddy's allowance on the game.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Data1001 wrote: »

I know it's not at all what you wanted, but congrats on the 3rd place finish in any case!

I hope that bonehead who hurled abuse at you gets kicked out of the game. There's no place for that stuff in STT... and there shouldn't be a place for that sort of stuff anywhere. Probably an 11-year-old brat who thinks he's hot stuff because he spent every dime of his mommy and daddy's allowance on the game.

Thanks for the kind words Data! Always appreciate your input. Funny thing is this person was berating me and telling me this while I was destroying him in the standings.

• Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope the rerun next week will be less competitive, I'm aiming for my first ever sub 3k ranking in a Galaxy event (or Hybrid Galaxy). Did 3'346th position this time, lol. :) I want that last star on Dukie.

Congrats to all who placed so high! Kudos for spending that many Chronnies and Time. :)
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options

Thanks for the kind words Data! Always appreciate your input. Funny thing is this person was berating me and telling me this while I was destroying him in the standings.

Schmallen, you certainly impressed us. Don't worry about the haters - the effort and strategy certainly impressed us in TLA, especially the guys you were competing against. You kept them on the toes until the end. ;)

I really hope you take away plenty of positives from the experience. Your name is certainly seen positively among our group.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

Schmallen, you certainly impressed us. Don't worry about the haters - the effort and strategy certainly impressed us in TLA, especially the guys you were competing against. You kept them on the toes until the end. ;)

I really hope you take away plenty of positives from the experience. Your name is certainly seen positively among our group.

You know what, that is awesome of you to take the time to say that. I greatly appreciate it. I do take some positives. It was highly competitive, very engaging, and I got the 10000 honor achievement. (Got all the others placing 8th in the Lorca event. I really did want to win but I will take 3rd and I would absolutely do it all over again!

• Options
    edited January 2018
    Posting on phone, showing up as a guest, but this is ReginaldJudd.
    I won’t do it again. Just brutal.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Posting on phone, showing up as a guest, but this is ReginaldJudd.
    I won’t do it again. Just brutal.

Yes, the time devotion needed to win is just ridiculous

• Options
    agreed with the 1 / 2 and 3
  • Options
    MbannarMbannar ✭✭✭
    Im not a high lvl guy. So my roster is a bit lacking in stars and characters as i had at time only played for a month , but the last event the end of the mega

I got 7th place but had to drop 120,000 chron to get that

Currently in first for rerun, and spend about 80k chrons so far on it,

But i have to agree the constant clicking and animations get really old quick

I agree with

But not with four as it will let ppl that have played the longest a huge advantage and no new comers will ever be able to catch up from all stock thats been built up. (Still having trouble getting lvl 1terran emblems to finsh current crew)

One thing that i hate tho and is annoying ,
    the best bonus come from crew that are the prizes, so to do good i have to buy packs to get them stars or characters, which then defeats the purpose of getting high rank

Oh squad prizes **tsk tsk** and whats the story with fleet rank if no prizes, im new so maybe i missed something but thats annoying to

P.S wife still is not speaking to me after staying up 48 hrs to click away the time lol
  • Options
    MbannarMbannar ✭✭✭
    Stinks not *hugs* not sure why it put hugs lol
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have discovered the forum automatically changes words it doesn’t like to “hugs”
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeqxqxvddvgv.gif
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    MbannarMbannar ✭✭✭
    Omg i love the gif , about rolled on the floor i was laughing so hard
  • Options
    I saved up over 9000 chrons (heh) for the hybrid, was rank 1200 after shuttles and those 9000 w / supply kits got me up to...rank 46.

So yeah. OP is on target, Galaxy events have gotten outrageous.
    Immortalized: 465
    Tour of duty: January 2016 to present.
    Shut up Wesley.
  • Options
    I have discovered the forum automatically changes words it doesn’t like to “hugs”

These hugs galaxy events hugs the hugs out of me.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Just a single checkbox in Settings Menu that reads: "Full animations shown", The programming just a simple if that encloses the animations, they can be deactivated gradually: Battle ship start video, Crafting an Object + The bonus event object (if you win it), Merging/Joining 2 crew members, Traveling from one place to another on the map, etc.
    I have 2 profiles, I didn't ever get the 6th position, but ending below 300th position on one and below 600th position on the other costed me a lot of time...
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    They should just stick an extra '0' on all the recipes, that will reduce the clicking 10-fold and make it more manageable. Adjust the threshold reward/community rewards table accordingly and bobs your uncle, problem solved.

And I agree, an option to kill the animation would be gratefully received.

DB: Do Better
  • Options
    hmmm... if DB implements option 3, I would quit galaxy event for sure
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭

Not say I advocate for that option, but why?

• Options
    Pallidyne wrote: »

Sorry Palli, i must have skipped 3 when I read this.

I meant option 4.
    Many ppl dont want to use even basic item for galaxy event right now. higher rarity items would be a nail in the coffin
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pallidyne wrote: »

Sorry Palli, i must have skipped 3 when I read this.

I meant option 4.
    Many ppl dont want to use even basic item for galaxy event right now. higher rarity items would be a nail in the coffin

Gotcha. And I agree that's not a good thing to add to galaxies. There's a lot of small chron but one pip items that can be a helluva sink if you're on that recipe already.

Frankly I think the thing that would stabilize galaxies would be not using chrons for them.