Home The Bridge
Options

Scheduled downtime for Wednesday, January 3rd and Voyage Recall.

ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2018 in The Bridge
Greetings, Captains!

Tomorrow Wednesday, January 3rd there will be a scheduled downtime from 10:00 AM to 10:30 AM ET (15:00-15:30 UTC).

Prior to this downtime, all Voyages will be recalled and will be immediately ready to be claimed once the downtime is over.

The game will be coming down to allow the following changes to go live:
- New Battle Arena rewards
- The end of crew slot and Dabo Wheel holiday sales

We are proceeding this way to minimize the negative impacts it can have on your Timelines experience.

We appreciate your continued support and patience, and hope you are looking forward to the new Battle Arena rewards. As a headstart, please accept the 250x NX-01 5* Schematics enclosed in the in-game mail that is being sent out.

LLAP

The STAR TREK TIMELINES team

Comments

• Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am sorry.
    If it had been possible we would have given more notice, it was not in this case.
  • Options
    eXo|cuzspicyeXo|cuzspicy ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Shan wrote: »
    I am sorry.
    If it had been possible we would have given more notice, it was not in this case.

You’ve known for a very long time that the arena rewards would change and the holiday wheel would end. Did you just suddenly discover 20 minutes ago that the servers would need to be rebooted to do this??

Nope. They actually specifically said it was going to happen when they announced it last week.

They screw up alot, but this one isn't on them.

Actually it just said force logout. The recall is new. So yeah, add it to the pile of screw ups.
    "The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination."
  • Options
    e?o | Dr Rgnee?o | Dr Rgne ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Rescinded, please see above
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    So we usually do a change like this via a server release, and when we made the original announcement that was the plan. Today we had to change this approach and go the downtime route. Like I said, we wish we could have given more warning - it was not possible this time around.
  • Options
    e?o | Dr Rgnee?o | Dr Rgne ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    So we usually do a change like this via a server release, and when we made the original announcement that was the plan. Today we had to change this approach and go the downtime route. Like I said, we wish we could have given more warning - it was not possible this time around.

Would it be reasonable to believe that I will get a positive response to my CS ticket when I ask for this to be made right? I’ve spent thousands of dilithium on the voyage already and now it was pointless
  • Options
    Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    While this notification is needed and appreciated, it points out that there is still no response to the current Picard fire raging through the community.

That said, some heads up is better than none. Also, maybe CS can be on the look out for the rare extreme cases like Dr Rgne's and be told to compensate him accordingly.
  • Options
    Lovely. Can those of us who paid 50,000 honour or $25USD/$35CAD to cite Gunshow Picard have that back too please -- now that you've chosen to compensate server crashes costing players other crew and resources, with rendering our saved up honour and $ worthless?

+ a Mirror Troi or Janeway for our captains who fell short of these ranks due to server outage?
    + some dilithium as a gesture towards the extra time we've spent fussing on all this?
  • Options
    @Shan Thank you for being responsive. :)
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    250 Blueprints as Comp. Definitely better than the Picard fiasco.......
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    I have a voyage stuck at 2 days 23 hours 43 minutes. Every time I try to revive it, after clicking "Okay" to spend the nearly 900 dilithum, nothing happens. I've contacted support, but if it isn't resolved before the recall, what will happen to my nearly 3 day voyage?
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a voyage stuck at 2 days 23 hours 43 minutes. Every time I try to revive it, after clicking "Okay" to spend the nearly 900 dilithum, nothing happens. I've contacted support, but if it isn't resolved before the recall, what will happen to my nearly 3 day voyage?

You might benefit? It might unstuck you!!!!!
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    What happens to voyages that have run out of antimatter at the cutoff time? Are they revived and returned? Or do you have to make sure the voyage is active before the servers go down?
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    What happens to voyages that have run out of antimatter at the cutoff time? Are they revived and returned? Or do you have to make sure the voyage is active before the servers go down?

For concerns like these I would recommend recalling on your own, prior to the downtime.
  • Options
    Commander MorakCommander Morak ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    I recalled my stuck voyage. Here's the current image:

2gn5tij9sdo0.jpg

Needless to say I'm afraid to complete it for fear of getting nothing after having extending it twice.
  • Options

For concerns like these I would recommend recalling on your own, prior to the downtime.

What if we can't recall because neither the Revive or Abandon buttons are working?
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    For Voyages specific issues please continue to post in Engineering Room. And if a Voyage fails because the recall/revive was not working when you selected it, please continue to let Support know.

Tomorrow's global recall will work for active Voyages.
    If the Voyage was in a fail status at the time of the recall, it will still be failed.
    If a Voyage is currently unresponsive it might be recalled automatically, and you will be able to claim the rewards.
  • Options
    Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭

2gn5tij9sdo0.jpg

Needless to say I'm afraid to complete it for fear of getting nothing after having extending it twice.

Go ahead and try completing, I’ve had one that looked blank before and when I completed all the loot showed up.

• Options
    Thank you for the extra schematics to compensate for the delay in the rollout of the NX-01 to the Arena.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, thank you
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    If your Voyage is stuck, in theory, the force recall would unstick it. If it doesn't, as Shan suggested, working through Player Support is your best option.

The idea behind the force recall, for those who asked, is to minimize the potential risk to your accounts and progress. We're doing both a server push AND a force restart tomorrow morning, and as many of you can attest, those haven't been going well lately. There's a chance that something could break, and if that happens, we'd really like to not cause your Voyages to fail on top of that due to the downtime.

Reality is, there are still some significant potential performanceissues with server updates and force restarts. This is our problem, but one we cannot completely address by tomorrow.

This is also why we're taking the unusual step of a downtime, we're trying to take every precaution we can and then some to make sure you're only dealing with a hiccup versus an earthquake. It is short notice, but it's a better option than repeating the same mistakes. And going forward, an option we'll work on coordinating further in advance.

This is going to come off as facetious--- I know it is, but I gotta say, with things like Events you've already as an organization stated that y'all are too busy trying to get things right to give advanced notice for things.

How is this different type of situation going to be dealt with differently than the weekly event notifications to truly give further advanced notice when this option will be exercised?
  • Options
    Black PebbleBlack Pebble ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pallidyne wrote: »
    This is going to come off as facetious--- I know it is, but I gotta say, with things like Events you've already as an organization stated that y'all are too busy trying to get things right to give advanced notice for things.

How is this different type of situation going to be dealt with differently than the weekly event notifications to truly give further advanced notice when this option will be exercised?

I apologize if I gave the impression we're going to do regular game downtime/outages going forward.

What I meant was going forward, if we believe downtime/outage is in the best interest of the players, we'll do better than a 17-hour heads up.
    Hosun Lee
    Civilian, Brand and Marketing
    Ex-Disruptor Beam
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭

I apologize if I gave the impression we're going to do regular game downtime/outages going forward.

What I meant was going forward, if we believe downtime/outage is in the best interest of the players, we'll do better than a 17-hour heads up.

I didn't think it would be a regular thing, but I can understand how my question would be taken as such.

And I get you want to try for better communication and a better heads up. That's the thing --- I think you have some great intentions. Personally, like your attempts to lighten things up in some of the threads. It's intended very well, and under most circumstances

Maybe my question is rhetorical, as it involves your own internal communications and processes -- and that is, if you've already lessened the notice on some communications, how are you going to strengthen your planning and execution to actually give better notice? Or is the idea of the outage dealt with in some completely different process that could actually be on the radar well in advance, unlike this time?

I'm not sure you can answer this, but if you can. i'd find it a fascinating read.
  • Options
    Black PebbleBlack Pebble ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe my question is rhetorical, as it involves your own internal communications and processes -- and that is, if you've already lessened the notice on some communications, how are you going to strengthen your planning and execution to actually give better notice? Or is the idea of the outage dealt with in some completely different process that could actually be on the radar well in advance, unlike this time?

I'm not sure you can answer this, but if you can. i'd find it a fascinating read.

I can't answer that question yet because we don't have an answer yet.

Marketing and community work to support the production team. There are things that we take the lead on, but for things such as updates, outages, etc, we take our cues from the production team.

Earlier today, Erin and I were discussing the very question you raised. We didn't come to a conclusion just then, but that doesn't mean we won't.

To be transparent, we are well aware that we've had more live issues in the past month than we've had in arguably the past year. One-off solutions haven't been working because the issues are far deeper than that.

I don't know when we'll get this wrapped up, but it is a priority this week.
    Hosun Lee
    Civilian, Brand and Marketing
    Ex-Disruptor Beam
  • Options
    Paladin 27 wrote: »

2gn5tij9sdo0.jpg

Go ahead and try completing, I’ve had one that looked blank before and when I completed all the loot showed up.

Worked. I don't have the tenure to create posts yet.

Appreciate the bonus schematics. Downtime between events is far preferred to during an event.
  • Options
    Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dumb question, but are we ever going to be properly compensated for the issues with the Christmas event? Shortening the event by a day made it difficult for many to fully compete.