Home Engineering Room
Options

Sign In Error

Hello:

I am having a random issue signing in - the first time this happened was December 23. When I reported the issue then, CS told me that since the issue wasn't widely reported, I could **tsk tsk** an egg. I asked for the ticket to be escalated and am still waiting for a response (the first reply to the ticket wasn't until TEN DAYS LATER). If I hadn't discovered a fix in these forums relating to the Steam Cloud, I STILL wouldn't be able to play.

Now, I'm once again receiving the same error (though the previous fix isn't working.) The error states: "Sign In. An error occurred during sign in. Please try again later." I am receiving this error on both Steam and iOS.

Any help, assistance, tech support, or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you.
The Guardians of Tomorrow
Protecting the Galaxy's Future from Itself

Comments

• Options
    It's funny that s*cks became "hugs" in that post, lol.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Update: After several hours, the problem seems to have fixed itself. Still disconcerting, though.
  • Options
    Sooo.... having this issue yet again....
  • Options
    Note: The "Sign In: An error occurred during sign in. Please try again later." message is showing up on both iOS and two different computers using Steam.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please submit a ticket for this, there is not much help that can be provided for this on the forums :(
  • Options
    Shan wrote: »
    Please submit a ticket for this, there is not much help that can be provided for this on the forums :(

I'm having problems submitting ticket through zendesk. Can't submit through game, obviously, This will have to suffice as proof until i can get back into game & see if i can send tiicket in game. I am having intermittent issues with that as well.
    ~ seeking out new life
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Capt Ajamm wrote: »

I'm having problems submitting ticket through zendesk. Can't submit through game, obviously, This will have to suffice as proof until i can get back into game & see if i can send tiicket in game. I am having intermittent issues with that as well.

If you have a specific issue please post it in a separate thread instead of posting in multiple unrelated threads. Thanks.
  • Options
    Capt AjammCapt Ajamm ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Capt Ajamm wrote: »

If you have a specific issue please post it in a separate thread instead of posting in multiple unrelated threads. Thanks.

I want proof it's not just me starting a thread. I get tired of the brush off from cs. Posting with other players having similar issues proves it's not just me.

When I'm asked for screenshot, etc I have pointed them at the numerous threads and my multiple posts. If it weren't the only way to get credibility with my issue i wouldn't. CS is making it necessary.

If you can help so that isn't an issue, great.
    ~ seeking out new life
  • Options

A ticket was submitted several hours ago with still no response. Given the nature of both the complaint (and it’s reptitiveness) and the account making it, I’m disappointed by the lack of response thus far.

• Options
    JassadaJassada ✭✭✭
    I haven't been able to sign in the game since Thursday. I submitted a ticket on Friday and it took CS till Tuesday to respond, so I don't think you're likely to get a response within a few hours...
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Jassada wrote: »
    I haven't been able to sign in the game since Thursday. I submitted a ticket on Friday and it took CS till Tuesday to respond, so I don't think you're likely to get a response within a few hours...

No, I actually did get a response a short while ago with an apology, saying the issue was resolved. The only problem: it hasn't. I still cannot login. I replied, so now I'll await another reply while my other offers and daily quests all expire on me in the meantime.
  • Options
    JassadaJassada ✭✭✭
    I'm worried about my arena ranks too. I haven't heard from support since my last response...
  • Options
    I’ve now been locked out a day and a half.

For the record, this week I will not be:
    - Spending $99.99 on the event pack
    - Spending $49.99 on the follow up pack
    - Spending $9.99 on the cleanup pack

I usually get all three - including a $24.99 double up offer on the featured 5 star crew.

So, that’s $184.96 DB has now lost from me this week. How high will I be forced to ultimately take this total before I can actually get some tech support???
  • Options
    JassadaJassada ✭✭✭
    Sounds as though you'll at least be saving some money. ;)
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    I’ll give it a few more hours until it reaches 24 hours since my reply ticket was submitted. After that, I tally how much money was spent earning approx. 380,000 VIP points - then, I go to the BBB and the MA Consumer Advocacy and Response Division to file a formal complaint seeking a full refund.
  • Options
    Update: I received a reply an hour ago saying the ticket would be placed on hold while the matter is forwarded to an engineering team. I’ll briefly postpone filing my complaints with the gov and with BBB, and am trying to be both patient and reasonable, but shouldn’t my issue have been escalated to tech support two days ago when I first wrote my ticket?
  • Options
    Update: Still no update. Aforementioned patience rapidly coming to an end as I’ve been unable to login going on four days.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update: Still no update. Aforementioned patience rapidly coming to an end as I’ve been unable to login going on four days.

Your account is being looked into but it might take a few more days before you hear back.
    I know it is very inconvenient for you and I appreciate your patience.
  • Options
    edited January 2018

Your account is being looked into but it might take a few more days before you hear back.
    I know it is very inconvenient for you and I appreciate your patience.

Thank you for the reply. Any communication is appreciated at this point. However, “being looked into” is a bit of a misnomer, isn’t it? It implies it’s presently being worked on in real time - and if that were the case, since we’re only talking about a de-synced and/or corrupted save file, the problem would have been fixed in the first 20-45 minutes. Therefore, what’s really happened is it’s in a queue (and frankly a 4+ day queue is unacceptable), the problem is massively game-breaking, or, the “engineer” is also in charge of emptying the bins and watering the plants.

I’ll be a mensch through the end of the weekend and will even at that point wait for further details about why it’s not fixed (if it isn’t by then). But, if it’s not fixed and there isn’t a proper explanation as to why, then I will proceed to file with both the MA AGO and the BBB seeking full refund of what I spent these last two years gaining approx. 380,000 VIP points.

To be clear: I just want to be able to play the game and enjoy my purchases. Thank you again. I’ll be hoping for the best.
  • Options
    JassadaJassada ✭✭✭
    I wonder whether it might be helpful if my matter (s. separate thread) were also forwarded to an engineering team, since I also believe it to be the matter of a corrupt save file or something similar. I don't think resetting the password or any similar approach is going to help and that is all I am getting at the moment.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have brought up both these cases to the team. They might not necessarily have the same cause and it might not be as simple as a corrupt save file unfortunately.
  • Options
    JassadaJassada ✭✭✭
    Thank you very much, Shan!
  • Options
    I have brought up both these cases to the team. They might not necessarily have the same cause and it might not be as simple as a corrupt save file unfortunately.

Thank you, Shan. Though I wouldn’t know if it’s something worse than a corrupted save file or not - the “team” hasn’t relayed any response to me in two days.
  • Options
    Hello... I wanna bump this thread as I just woke up to find this exact same error on my steam. I can however log in via android. just not steam... What the heck!!! I was wondering what was wrong with the game rebooted and still nothing. DB, it seems you have some login issues with the game you should really be fixing and hooking the people up with a gift for their inconvenience.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wizzdome wrote: »
    Hello... I wanna bump this thread as I just woke up to find this exact same error on my steam. I can however log in via android. just not steam... What the heck!!! I was wondering what was wrong with the game rebooted and still nothing. DB, it seems you have some login issues with the game you should really be fixing and hooking the people up with a gift for their inconvenience.

There is a dedicated thread for the current sign in error on Steam, we are working on it.
  • Options
    sorry, I found a fix... it appears the steam version was wanting an update... I rebooted pc and booted game where it got the update and finally booted into game.. if anyone else has this problem suggest rebooting the pc and trying game again.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you, Shan. Though I wouldn’t know if it’s something worse than a corrupted save file or not - the “team” hasn’t relayed any response to me in two days.

Your rep had nothing more to share unfortunately. We have finally discovered the root of the issue for you: too much crew in overflow. We are looking at options on how to fix this for you as it is the first time this ever happened. It might still take a day or 2, I am very sorry.

• Options
    edited January 2018
    Update: I’m now back in the game. Not because anything was actually fixed, but rather because it’s been 7 days exactly since my crew overflow issue occurred. Meaning, they all expired. Meaning, all that money spent is simply gone. Now, I’ll assume that DB is going to rectify the entire situation though right now that’s just an assumption - because once again, there’s been absolutely no communication whatsoever from DB on what it intends to do.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    To my tally, in the last 7 days of being unable to play, I have missed out on the following due to DB's technical shortcomings:

• 7 days of 60 daily chronitons = 420 chronitons
    • 7 days of daily rewards
    • 100 daily card dilithium = 700 dilithium
    • 7 days of 6 daily cadet challenge tickets = 42 cadet challenge tickets
    • 7 days of 10 daily arena tickets = 70 arena tickets (and resulting reduction in rank)
    • 7 days of daily mission rewards = 945,000 credits; 1,505 merits; 350 chronitons; 1,400 honor
    • 7 days of fleet rewards = 3,990 honor; 700 chronitons
    • 7 days of starbase contributions
    • 4 days of top tier arena reward schematics
    • 7 days of replicator uses = 35 replicator uses
    • 7 days of daily dabo wheel spins
    • 7 days of no voyages and associated rewards
    • 7 days of no gauntlet and associated rewards
    • Missed out on featured crew and pack offers from We Who Are To Die event
    • Missed out on achieving 32/32 event participation = 1,000,000 credits
    • Expiration of approximately 800 overflow crew earned from 100 premium packs = approximately 104,000 honor (these would have been dismissed for honor)
    • Loss of 8 5-star characters from overflow expiration: Grand Negus Zek; Doctor Chaotica; Klingon Bride Jadzia; The Professor; Falcon O'Brien; Will Scarlett; Dr. Richard Daystrom x 2
    • Loss of $24.99 double up offer on Grand Negus Zek
    • Loss of Supply Kit

Quantifiable loss summation from the above list:

1. 1,470 Chronitons
    2. 700 Dilithium
    3. 1,945,000 Credits
    4. 1,505 Merits
    5. 109,390 Honor (or, 5,390 Honor and 100 Premium Packs)
    6. 42 Cadet Tickets
    7. 70 Arena Tickets
    8. 1 Supply Kit
    9. Grand Negus Zek
    10. Doctor Chaotica
    11. Klingon Bride Jadzia
    12. The Professor
    13. Falcon O'Brien
    14. Will Scarlett
    15. 2 x Dr. Richard Daystrom

And again, this quantifiable list doesn't include not being able to play for 7 days, the frustration with both the technical error and the lack of communication from DB, and the other more intangible losses included in the first list above.

I eagerly anticipate DB making things right. Thank you.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am very sorry this happened and that we couldn't fix it for you sooner.
    Work will be done to prevent this sort of things to occur, and Support will work with you on compensation.