Home The Bridge

Let's all please use the SPOILER tag for any Discovery discussion

2»

Comments

• PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Watching as every single comment related to Disco has now been placed in spoiler tags got me wondering...just who are we protecting, anyway? So I started a poll, which had 34 votes last I looked. Shan moved it to the Strange New Worlds sub-forum so it will almost certainly never be seen again or get a 35th vote. It's a small sample size, and unfortunately unlikely to get any larger thanks to its banishment, but it's still a sample.

19 respondents (55%) view each episode within the first 24 hours. Another 10 (29%) watch each new episode, but don't necessarily get to do it in those first 24 hours. Most of these are our friends who don't live in the U.S.

There were another 2 votes (5%) from people who have already bailed and 1 more (2%) from someone who simply wanted it known that they airlock every character from the show and need the world to know when they do it. Clearly, these aren't people to worry about spoiling.

That leaves 2 respondents who are waiting for the end of the season to watch it all. I get it, there are plenty of reasons for that and I don't begrudge anyone for waiting whatever their reasons may be. At the same time, though, it's unreasonable to expect discussions to dance around preserving for 5% of our community what they're postponing for months.

It would be one thing if we were only talking about the show. That could be easily contained elsewhere. But it's increasingly annoying--and increasingly impossible--to discuss Disco content in the game without openly discussing key plot points.

Apparently some folks do go over there have been 10 votes since you posted this comment.
  • SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    spoilers in threads that are completely irrelevant to discovery make me want to scream. I might start hitting the flag button on them.
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!