Home Fleet Central
Options

What is biggest reason you have for leaving any fleet ?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Reasons for leaving a fleet: my mouth...lol I like to have fun,but some don't get my sense of humor... I have been in three fleets including the one I started and I've only been kicked once.
  • Options
    Female Klingon QFemale Klingon Q ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    I think there is an obvious option that was missed:

Leaving a fleet because you are leaving the game/taking a sabbatical from the game.
    Task Force Pike: We are recruiting!

Task Force Pike/Garrett's Giants, Founder

Task Force April, Fleet Founder Emeritus

Newfie Central, Squad Founder, In Memoriam
  • Options
    I think there is an obvious option that was missed:

Leaving a fleet because you are leaving the game/taking a sabbatical from the game.

I'm about to take some time off after this event...
  • Options
    Hey, have any Admirals (or officers) had issues in your Fleet with nepotism?
    “You must understand that there is more than one path to the top of the mountain”
    ― Musashi, Japan's Greatest Swordsman and Samurai
  • Options
    I have quit 2 fleets already because the squad leaders would not share crew. I could never tell if that was because they were inactive or not.
  • Options
    Communication.....you have got to have prompt communication. Don't get your feathers ruffled over "Locker room talk" and at least be somewhat active on a daily basis, unless you are in a cave with no signal or laid up in the hospital.
  • Options
    Above all else just have great fun jibber jabbing with each other while reaching your goals.
  • Options
    And every now and then its just krazy FUN to leave a Top 3 fleet start a whole new venue with your comrades and others just like we did with "KNIGHTS OF THE SAUCER SECTION" 😊😊😊
  • Options
    Oh, and we don't Spam ( except fry it up) or Troll (whatever that is) and we especially won't hog the fast lane. What we will do is try our best to make you welcome and feel wanted. Just good Fun and Hospitality. 🤗
  • Options
    Hey, have any Admirals (or officers) had issues in your Fleet with nepotism?

No, but I had one member, now Squadron leader and officer ask if he could bring his sons into the game. I did not and still do not have a problem with it.
  • Options
    Oh, and we don't Spam ( except fry it up) or Troll (whatever that is) and we especially won't hog the fast lane. What we will do is try our best to make you welcome and feel wanted. Just good Fun and Hospitality. 🤗

Hmm, while I was reading through fleet pages for a new fleet, it certainly looks like you did a lot of spamming on posts that haven't been used in months.
  • Options
    Almost a AngelAlmost a Angel ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Bob Archer wrote: »

Hmm, while I was reading through fleet pages for a new fleet, it certainly looks like you did a lot of spamming on posts that haven't been used in months.

Oh thats just a opinion. <snip> ˜Shan
  • Options
    Hungry Dog DDMHungry Dog DDM ✭✭✭✭
    I could show many examples of where messages do not show up in in-game chat. Plus it only shows about the last 10 messages. If a message was posted before that, you never see it. The Colonial Fleet Ohio uses LINE but members are not required to use it as long as they check in from time to time. Most of us feel it makes the game better. I, for one, might not still be playing if it weren't for the friendships I have built in the fleet.

I'd like to reiterate what Silver is saying here. No, we don't require it, but I can't tell you how much it has helped. And in-game messages absolutely do get lost. Oh, and if you're looking for a fleet with extremely active members, we just happen to have a few spots.
    Drunken Dahar Masters is recruiting active players.
    PM for details.

So long and thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    Seven of One Seven of One ✭✭✭✭✭
    I left my last fleet because it was too laid back for me personally. Some absolutely lovely people there, and you could create your own squad, you didn't have to log in every day, you were kicked if inactive for a fortnight. At the time I left, 2 months ago, it had a star base of 80 I think.
    I wanted those 100 extra chrons a day, and I really irritated me that my admiral and one of the squad leaders would just ignore me (obv, have since found out that they didn't, its the in-game chat) I really liked my squad leader, and he shared some great crew, but year, too laid back.
    Conversely I didn't want a really high maintenance fleet either, because att I was only lvl 30, only VIP 3, I'd only been playing a month! I had 3 legendarys and two of them I'd bought
    My OH left by last fleet because one of the other players was just really annoying him, constantly msging and ridiculing and comparing shared crew. Did his head in.

My current #awesomefleet have a balance I find ideal. There no VIP or spend level (great, as ive got kids and they need an absolute fortune spent on them) and taking time off is absolutely fine (I went camping) anyone who needs to be a little less active due to RL, well, we've got a sister fleet and they join us in in discord and it's really great.
    Talking of chat, I was really nervous downloading some gamer thing I'd never heard of and was worried it was pushy. Personally, I now love it. Assuming there's some kind of apocalyptic event and I needed to join another fleet I'd probably only choose one with discord or line, because screenshots I L.O.V.E. screenshots. I love asking for behold help, knowing that within minutes (always so one on as we're all over the world) someone will post either their copy of that crew, or find wiki stats.....also seeing everyone's pulls, and voyages, and gauntlet, and, well, everything. I think once you find a fleet you fit, you <3 it. I'd only leave now if RL made gaming more difficult and even then I wouldn't leave, because I'd probably move to the sister fleet, where everything's more laid back and there's no requirement except to be civil (obv) and I could just play at a more leisurely pace if necessary
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    GaldranGaldran ✭✭✭
    I could show many examples of where messages do not show up in in-game chat. Plus it only shows about the last 10 messages. If a message was posted before that, you never see it. The Colonial Fleet Ohio uses LINE but members are not required to use it as long as they check in from time to time. Most of us feel it makes the game better. I, for one, might not still be playing if it weren't for the friendships I have built in the fleet.

I'd like to reiterate what Silver is saying here. No, we don't require it, but I can't tell you how much it has helped. And in-game messages absolutely do get lost. Oh, and if you're looking for a fleet with extremely active members, we just happen to have a few spots.

We just adopted a discord server, becase we got tired of losing messages, stupid profanity filtering rules and the 10 message limit crap.

We won't force anyone to join the discord server, if they really don't want ot, but they will just lose out on the conversation and all our pinned strategy documents, but we can't force them.
  • Options
    Capt AjammCapt Ajamm ✭✭✭
    Rogue donations going into non recommended rooms. And everyone denying it.
    ~ seeking out new life
  • Options
    Actually I've found a lot of advantages to being on discord. If not in a fleet, then in the game's discord channel to take advantage of some of the bots that help prioritize and rate characters for different aspects of the game. In fact, I won't join a fleet anymore than doesn't have an active discord group
  • Options
    Having LINE chat is a great forum for general chatting amongst the fleet. We also have an information and advice group. Such a thing isn’t a chore, it’s there to help the fleet communicate and progress. It takes a few seconds to download the app and the benefits are multiple.