Home The Bridge

Whats so "Special" about this offer!?

Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
Mabye im missing something? I have all the normal ships maxed as Im a whisker away from VIP 14 yet I get sent this 'one-time' limited offer!! As you can see I have 900 Ent-D Schematics (I don't think I need any more) and all these ships are maxed anyway

Seriously @Shan, @Erin these persistent offers are frickin' annoying, and they don't want to make me spend money (has anyone even bought the ship packs???) to the contrary, it makes me want to throw my phone across the room with rage!

At least give us the option to dismiss the popup as at least that way I don't have to look at these rubbish "deals" that are in no way "Amazing" as per your claim!

Cheers
Jim

freef3snmpym.png

jkyuxnb7fn8c.png

DB: Do Better

Comments

• This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well they changed the name lol. Worst one
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    The schematic offers would seem to be the easiest to tweak. We were told that there was some degree of targeting with these offers. If that's the case, the most basic check should be to not send schematic offers to someone who has all featured ships maxed.
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    At least with that one you get 1K dilithium (maybe not "special" but better than the 700 they usually think is worth $10), there's a second $10 ship offer (w/ higher star ships) that's $10 for schems and no dilithium.

Trying to look on the bright side. ;)
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    NS111111 wrote: »
    2 - Make us buy packs that are ACTUALLY a special offer (e.g. the 10 packs for £10) every time they come up.
    Even thats becoming a poor offer, as essentially its 10$ for 6500 honour; if im lucky maybe one behold I don't have FF.

Jim

DB: Do Better
  • [BL] Q [BL] Q ✭✭✭✭✭
    89mhwi6dzthh.png

DB you catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar
  • Really crappy stuff there...they even take the precious temptation out of it...
    DB = Climbing up an endless wall...
  • Nero84Nero84 ✭✭✭
    At least they give a 1000 Dilithium but it is a pretty bad offer
  • (OPA) Major Herps(OPA) Major Herps ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    [BL] Q wrote: »
    89mhwi6dzthh.png

DB you catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar

Damn right I get this offer all the time and have never bought it, €110 is no special offer.

• Got the 15 pack Grow Your Crew offer, can’t really justify spending £24 on a mobile game. A tenner for the 10 pack version every so often is fine, but the former’s way too much, I’m afraid.
  • Hunter247Hunter247 ✭✭✭✭
    UnkieB wrote: »
    At least with that one you get 1K dilithium (maybe not "special" but better than the 700 they usually think is worth $10), there's a second $10 ship offer (w/ higher star ships) that's $10 for schems and no dilithium.

Trying to look on the bright side. ;)

Yeah, the DIL makes it a special offer IMO - you get more DIL than a usual pack at the price and some replicator fuel thrown in! I wouldn't go for it though
  • Hunter247Hunter247 ✭✭✭✭
    Oorwullie wrote: »
    Got the 15 pack Grow Your Crew offer, can’t really justify spending £24 on a mobile game. A tenner for the 10 pack version every so often is fine, but the former’s way too much, I’m afraid.

I am quite happy to drop the £9 on the ten pack whenever it comes up, but anything more tends to get a hard pass from me but still they through out the offers that I don't want all the time.

They need better monitoring to target their offers
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Jim Steele, I also received that offer today, so it isn’t “just for you” as DB is advertising. If I needed the extra 300 dilithium, I might buy it & finish off some of my nukelyer-powered space wessels. I just renewed my monthly card, though, so I doubt that will happen. Timing is everything, and DB has issues (duh). 🖖🏻
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Hunter247 wrote: »
    Got the 15 pack Grow Your Crew offer, can’t really justify spending £24 on a mobile game. A tenner for the 10 pack version every so often is fine, but the former’s way too much, I’m afraid.

I am quite happy to drop the £9 on the ten pack whenever it comes up, but anything more tends to get a hard pass from me but still they through out the offers that I don't want all the time.

They need better monitoring to target their offers

This totally. I got the "Dilithium Overload" offer - I will never buy it as it's just not actually that good an offer. I would happily buy the £9.99 pack each week, but I haven't had it for the last few weeks. That's lost money for DB as I've spent it on my other mobile game instead.

I'm sure it's been suggested before, but why not just put all the offers into the portal and let us choose?

Korrin

• Let's face it.... they need to just put up the $9.99 10x 10 pull offer in the portal every Week for everyone to purchase and change the "Special Offers" quite a bit. I think they should include random Legendary Characters, Citations, Beholds maybe? I dunno, just spitballing here
  • Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    You would think they would datamine the accounts for sending out offers. Why send schematic offers to people who have already maxed the ships? On the same token, why give the "double your crew" offer to crew that drop that are already FF or crew that are 4/5 that will be FF with the drop that you just received?
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you needed dil. and we’re going to buy some, then this offer is usable But I probably go without the dil. hoping to get something in the future that would either give dil. or the bonus dil for VIP (usually means something I like that cost more than ten)
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got no offer! Was I bad this week? It’s a guaranteed $50 in their pocket. Why was I skipped?
    Then again my screen still says the event is live and will end Monday the 15th
  • Restart your game
  • This one would be a little tempting but the RNG has been crap to me lately do I'm going to pass.2upyvey2stny.png
    [VA] NATE wrote: »
    Restart your game

I did a few times. Still nada

• DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got this one:

epdf2l0al96m.png
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Capt AjammCapt Ajamm ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018

Exactly my feelings.
    Bummed they switched me from the $10 pack offer (that I was buying each week, btw) to the one mentioned above @$25.

Don't know how they rotate these, but its not evenly. I saw the schematics x9 before finally seeing the $10 offer. Sadly i only saw the $10 x5 before that rotated to what i now see for $25 x3.

Can't be a straightforward rotation cycle and really bad for generating customer goodwill if others got to see the $10 offer x more. This flies in the face of being told by cs that the offers rotate, no one is getting more opportunities, just the timing differs. That no one is getting something i won't.

Well, others getting the $10 x9 when mine was only x5 is getting something i didn't. I wish cs could give reliable accurate answers.
    ~ seeking out new life
    So this popped up on my phone today:

bdfw9dn0t3te.png

Now, if I used money to buy chronitons, then this offer would, indeed, seem “special”. Fifty percent more chrons + 4/7ths of Stargazer Picard? Sure, why not?...

... oh, yeah, Voyages. And Gauntlet. And Cadets. And Sorrytons, which we receive on an alarmingly frequent basis. That’s why not. I’m not hurting for lack of chrons & barely take part in Galaxy events, which I would think DB already knows. So, why target me with this offer, even if it is some sort of marketing test? I’m honestly perplexed. 🤔

Seriously, DB marketeers, just ask for a new side tab in the portal named “All Offers” and let us give your our money more often for what we know we want, not what you think we want. 🖖🏻
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Honestly, I'm fine with rotating offers.

If people could buy a 10 for 10 every week I'd conclude DB decided to rake in every dollar they could admitting the game had fully gone P2W. I'd see it as the beginning of the end.
    Honestly, I'm fine with rotating offers.

If people could buy a 10 for 10 every week I'd conclude DB decided to rake in every dollar they could admitting the game had fully gone P2W. I'd see it as the beginning of the end.

Choice A of that Dilemma, modified:

“The crowd seemed uninterested in ~peregrine~’s arguments, but @Commander Morak was excited to engage in a genuine debate. [really?] After the crowd dispersed, he gave ~peregrine~ a copy of an ancient Bajoran text which had brought him comfort in difficult times.” [Thanks, Commander!]

I suppose you are right, though. And, as pointed out earlier in this thread, the artificial scarcity increases demand for the “good” packs w/r/t personal frame of reference.
  • Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    s7suzcxacf1t.png

I've bought this one before but I am no longer spending money on STT aside from the monthly card.
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    MAA did the same exact predictable offers for the most part (though with rotated characters and such) and didn't seem to have a cashflow problem. It is speculated that they were even profitable when shut down