Home The Bridge

Would you buy the 10 packs for $9.99 every week?

[BL] Q [BL] Q ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2018 in The Bridge
With the special offers that go out every week I think the 10 packs for $9.99 have the best value and would buy it each week over the other offers out of curiosity I wonder if others feel the same?

Would you buy the 10 packs for $9.99 every week? 229 votes

Yes
22%
Roadrunner {SG-66}Zombie Squirrel Niner47Althea BiermontTheGreyKnight[DB - Do Better]   ProwlerCapt AjammKirkish1[RR] RedbeardRennJaxoLarxene[10F] NewtonianQBallsLocutus_of_Borg_guest_788047506870272[BL] Q (CSF) Jesus Is Lord [••••]ShadowconmasterPinkyfirstPaladin 27(OPA) Major Herps 52 votes
No
25%
Rabb<TGE> DangerDrakeAviTrekCaptainUnderpantsCaptain Durf[NDQ] Joker41NAMEaglebartpbertXoiikuV.Capt. ChaosSouth of Sulu[TFA] CeleresIvanstoneThe Line Must Be Drawn, HERE!nomadishHassinator[SSR] GTMETRNGeverythingHungry Dog DDM 58 votes
Sometimes
35%
uss_bonaventure[7TW] UnkieB[KM]VidemKnight RangerThe FishCaptain TFDpmtProsserDharkusIkritMordackBardezBangggCaptain Lost{SST} Captain Magenta BorealisNick the friendly ex borgMcCaptainfaceBritewood[TUFG] Siguard William T. Riker 82 votes
Monthly
10%
Sabine of Athens[SSR] The Iron Cow[Sushi] Ootorodext74Cpt. CavemanAuntieACommander SinclairChangeling QAgge[DC]Hetoxyaklobo(10F)Geekgirlguest_796746481635328Pepex82[DB:LOL] eXo | KurrostanzaCaptain CrouchyMonolithixDarmok campfireguest_899303194165248blamblam 24 votes
I prefer an other offer
2%
izausomeData1001Captain Sisko [AA][QH] OxmyxAHSOG2{SST} ParagonDavci 6 votes
Other
3%
Captain_WhoIrianaRaraRacing[S47] ELiLDetraEvil_HypnotistJailbird [GER] Starfleet 7 votes

Comments

• Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. $10 is nothing. I actually buy the 30 for $50 every week. Except this week. They didn’t offer it to me
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes
    I voted sometimes, but until they update the SR drop table its really pointless as I just get dupes and the honour isn't worth it.
    DB: Do Better
  • Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Probably. If DB would actually have decent customer service.

Secondarily, If dismissed characters actually provided meaningful amounts of honor, and if crew slots weren't such a silly restriction.

So I guess since these aren't going to change no the answer has to go from yes if to no.
  • [BL] Q [BL] Q ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Even though I voted yes i still think they should have a special offer tab at the portal and give players a choice of what offer they want to spend on
  • FutureImperfectaFutureImperfecta ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they eliminated full house Beholds
    And improved honor return in airlocks
    Wife and I at least one a month each, maybe twice.... Rarely thrice.
  • Sometimes
    I have a budget for my games. I like the $9.99 packs but sometimes other offers win out. Wish there was better honor though.
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Sadly I haven't been offered this in many, many weeks... I keep getting ship schematic offers which are straight laughable
  • Sometimes
    It's the only special offer pack I buy, and I buy it every time it comes up with two exceptions:

- if I'm currently upset about DB's latest handling of some aspect of the game
    - if I've already hit my gaming budget for the month

So far, the former has happened ~4-5 times, the latter once.
  • Sometimes
    I'm at the point where it is an occasional buy.

I have enough 4 * crew with 3 or 4 stars that needs to be maxed to keep me focused, but busy between (or during) events. Once I'm low, I'll pick it up the next time it is offered and repeat the process.

For newer players, it is certainly a good buy if you're trying to build up your crew.
    Captain Bubble Bobble
  • Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I might try one occasionally, but the regular portal more often than not gives me duplicates. And waaaaay too many schematics.
  • No
    No

Once you have immortalised every 1, 2 and 3 star in the game you're just left chasing 4 and 5 star crew which are few and far between IMO. The honour you gain from scrapping all those duplicate 3 star crew (assuming your pack isn't filled with ship schematics) just isn't worth the cost.
  • Yes
    I would. Even though the portal needs to be updated you could always hoard 10x Pulls and wait.
  • IkritIkrit ✭✭✭
    Sometimes
    I voted sometimes because I am trying to spend less on the game (for personal reasons, not because of anything DB has or hasn't done). I also have most of the crew I want from the portal pool, so I would be trying for a handful of 4*s and whichever 5*s I can take (which is, on average, 1 per 10-pack offer). When they eventually expand the pool again, then I would be more likely to buy the offer in the following weeks.
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes
    Id do it 2-3 times a month more than likely. I might hold off opening some of them pending pool updates...
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes. $10 is nothing. I actually buy the 30 for $50 every week. Except this week. They didn’t offer it to me

I would give you mine, since I can;t afford it........

yvdufqcuk4r9.png
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    It's the only special offer pack I buy, and I buy it every time it comes up with two exceptions:

- if I'm currently upset about DB's latest handling of some aspect of the game
    - if I've already hit my gaming budget for the month

So far, the former has happened ~4-5 times, the latter once.

Only Weekly I usually buy, as well.
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • No
    I waited forever for this offer to get to me. I purchased it 4-5 times since. The last three times it was offered I have not purchased it because DB is so slow to update the portals. My the last time I purchased it, I received 95% crew I already had immortalized.

I will not buy it until the portals are updated. Its a good offer but with the honor exchange rate I probably will only buy it once ever few months.
  • MordackMordack ✭✭✭
    Sometimes
    Certainly not every week, but that's simply because I don't want to spend that much: not because I wouldn't want the offer. I usually buy it when it comes up, but sadly it doesn't that often.
  • Other
    Not now. The last six packs I openend went completely into honor hall or the replicator. Unless there's a decent chance of getting something useful, I wont give DB any more money.
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    I prefer an other offer
    I don't buy regular premium packs any more because odds are I'll get crew that I already have FF — even when SR Beholds come up. I would prefer a similarly-priced Dilithium offer (that's as good a deal as the $99 Overload offer), or a special offer on chronitons. Or even — and I realize this doesn't currently exist, but I would buy it if it did — a $9.99 offer for merits.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would give you mine, since I can;t afford it........

yvdufqcuk4r9.png

Yes can I have your offer please? I feel really left out cuz I didn’t get one this week. I’m having withdrawal from my special offer addiction
  • V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    No
    I would buy it maybe 3 or 4 times a year. I've got myself down under $15 a month over the life of the game and would like to get that down to $10 by the third anniversary.
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • No
    Not anymore. I never get anything but dupe 4 stars and then honor refund on them is a pittance.
  • No. I would buy the $9.99 steam offer every week though. Adding 700 dilithium and 500k in credits makes it appealing.

Just 10x10 crew pack alone is likely to be an exchange of my cash to honor/schematics, which is not a good value.
  • Sometimes
    It would depend on the packs included to be honest. Premium packs have very little of value to me since i have all the ships max leveled and all 1-3* crew frozen. If it were a limited edition pack with a guarantee of a small subset of crew I still wanted, absolutely.

While we are on the topic, any offer over $25 gets a definite no from me. I'm just no willing to spend $50 at one time for such limited return.
    We are recruiting for our sister fleet, Mirror Klingon Marauders! Contact me via private message if interested
  • Yes
    I like the idea of being able to save them for portal updates, rather than depend on getting the offer to coincide with an update to the portal.

I'd also love to see a merits offer, too
    ~ seeking out new life
  • [BL] Q [BL] Q ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Skip..
    ctr032df8z9p.png
  • No
    No, it would be nicer if DB provided a way to purchase Honor. I've already got all 1*, 2* and 3* crew FF/FE. It doesn't make sense for me to take a chance on duplicate 4* crew, or useless 4* that sit at 1 star and take space in my crew. And the 5* are still too much of a challenge to upgrade too. DB, can you please sell us Honor?
  • [BL] Q [BL] Q ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    No, it would be nicer if DB provided a way to purchase Honor. I've already got all 1*, 2* and 3* crew FF/FE. It doesn't make sense for me to take a chance on duplicate 4* crew, or useless 4* that sit at 1 star and take space in my crew. And the 5* are still too much of a challenge to upgrade too. DB, can you please sell us Honor?

Honor can't be bought it's earned in Battle it's the Warrior code
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes
    [BL] Q wrote: »

Honor can't be bought it's earned in Battle it's the Warrior code

Lol the Airlock Code....