Home The Bridge

Yikes - That Yar Artwork Though...

Massive let down I'm afraid so far this next event. The Yar artwork is in my opinion dire. Not that I ever particularly liked her as a character anyway. McCoy also, very flat looking and meh. Really had high hopes for that character. Please DB, stop the slide on the artwork quality.
“Holodeck 2 tomorrow, 1600 hours. Just you, me and a tuning fork”

Comments

• Yeah that is really really bad. Looks like it's from a kid's coloring book lol
  • Seems the artwork is the only tangible we get from this game as the rest of it we will never be able to possess...now it’s slipping away as well...
    DB = Climbing up an endless wall...
  • Seems the artwork is the only tangible we get from this game as the rest of it we will never be able to possess...now it’s slipping away as well...

Afraid so - depressing isn't it :(
  • Yar? What about seven? Looks like a man.
  • GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yartwork! DB, I'm sorry to tell you this, but I'm airlocking this Yar as soon as I get her. And I'm not paying to buy any packs. Thank you for saving me money again this week.
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Theres a thread for art feedback in Engineering Room FYI
  • Yateball wrote: »

In the OP's defense, Engineering is where threads go to die.

Plus! All of the valid points have already been made in the Engineering Room thread and there still hasn't been an improvement, which is why people want to keep the discussion open on the Bridge.
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yateball wrote: »

Plus! All of the valid points have already been made in the Engineering Room thread and there still hasn't been an improvement, which is why people want to keep the discussion open on the Bridge.

@Shan actually made a pretty good post in that thread in the Engineering Room today acknowledging and explaining where we're at with the art... Seeing threads over and over in the Bridge doesn't help anything either
  • Yateball wrote: »

Yep. I'm not reporting an issue. We all know the issue and that it doesn't seem to be being addressed. So I'm having a whinge. The Bridge is for whinging! lol.
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the Seven and McCoy art. Yar hits the double whammy of disappointing art from a disappointing episode.

Unfortunately, for me she's also the most viable of the 3 characters. She looks like she'll be my top SEC gauntlet character barely edging out Ushaan Archer.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
    edited January 2018
    Ivanstone wrote: »
    I like the Seven and McCoy art. Yar hits the double whammy of disappointing art from a disappointing episode.

Unfortunately, for me she's also the most viable of the 3 characters. She looks like she'll be my top SEC gauntlet character barely edging out Ushaan Archer.

Wow, it's kinda weird luck that you've immortalized 269 characters but lack any of the ten or so people that outclass Ushaan Archer in SEC proficiency, eh? Did you junk Will Scarlett Worf?

Wow, it's kinda weird luck that you've immortalized 269 characters but lack any of the ten or so people that outclass Ushaan Archer in SEC proficiency, eh? Did you junk Will Scarlett Worf?

Will Scarlett (298-615) is worse than Archer (291-679). I know that doesn't jive with the Wiki so either my game is lying to me or Archer got stealth buffed.

Nevertheless, Gangster Spock is my White Whale.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Massive let down I'm afraid so far this next event. The Yar artwork is in my opinion dire. Not that I ever particularly liked her as a character anyway. McCoy also, very flat looking and meh. Really had high hopes for that character. Please DB, stop the slide on the artwork quality.

And BUGGLY is the Threshold Reward......
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
    edited January 2018

Will Scarlett (298-615) is worse than Archer (291-679). I know that doesn't jive with the Wiki so either my game is lying to me or Archer got stealth buffed.

Nevertheless, Gangster Spock is my White Whale.

Wow that's a crazy big difference, can you screencap your Archer's character page for me so i can edit the wiki?
    e0jx4x2fq112.png

Current proficiency bonus for my fleet's Starbase is 3%.
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    e0jx4x2fq112.png

That makes him significantly more attractive for Gauntlet
    Yateball wrote: »
    That makes him significantly more attractive for Gauntlet

I can't quite figure out why its bigger. None of his top end equipment has been changed and I remember a point in the game where I'd use Will over him. I tried searching through some old build notes but couldn't find anything.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    When art becomes this way, I don't call it artwork anymore, it is "shartwork".

aWkrQdO.jpg
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
    I still like Lego-man's artwork. Look at that intensity. Its like he wants to carve somebody with his sword.

Probably the person who decided he should be worse in the Gauntlet than some humble 4*.
  • Guest Guest  ✭✭✭
    I still like Lego-man's artwork. Look at that intensity. Its like he wants to carve somebody with his sword.
    I couldn't agree more
    Prisoner_%27Bones%27_McCoy_Head.png

• [BL] Q [BL] Q ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lest We Forget Dwarf Mirror Data the worst of the absolute worst. Who was later resized despite the official line that no artwork will be redone.
    6aukkket9vuo.jpg

If you could promote/demote crew by stars I'd demote him from a five star to a one star.
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    [BL] Q wrote: »
    Lest We Forget Dwarf Mirror Data the worst of the absolute worst. Who was later resized despite the official line that no artwork will be redone.

There's a pretty large difference between resizing and redrawing.
    Yea they actually cropped off half his silly Borg arm gun in the process.
    edited January 2018
    I dunno, he kinda just looks like his standing in the background. Frank's artwork is a bit larger so it looks like he's standing in the foreground. I commend this succession of Data's.
    edited January 2018
    e0jx4x2fq112.png

It's so weird how far off Archer's actual proficiency is from what the Wiki says! Wow. Thank you for sharing. Your lineup beats mine!
    glsw0btpuqs1.jpg

Sadly my Musketeer La Forge is sitting at level 80 because I don't care for him.
  • Frank?Frank? ✭✭✭✭✭
    I forget when, but there was a change about 6 weeks ago to Archer's equipment which upped his proficiency. It's in the build notes somewhere.