Home The Bridge

Yikes - That Yar Artwork Though...

2»

Comments

• [BL] Q wrote: »
    Lest We Forget Dwarf Mirror Data the worst of the absolute worst. Who was later resized despite the official line that no artwork will be redone.
    6aukkket9vuo.jpg

If you could promote/demote crew by stars I'd demote him from a five star to a one star.

He's not small, he's just far away.
  • Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    elemntee wrote: »
    [BL] Q wrote: »
    Lest We Forget Dwarf Mirror Data the worst of the absolute worst. Who was later resized despite the official line that no artwork will be redone.
    6aukkket9vuo.jpg

If you could promote/demote crew by stars I'd demote him from a five star to a one star.

Same issue with most Jonathan Archers. He's tiny.
  • I think if they brighten up the image, it looks much better

xi5j46r39b33.jpegvanj9yq61k8x.png

• Knight RangerKnight Ranger ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018

It would be nice if we could do that in general. Say make it so that you have to take a star off one card to add it to another. Then people could have whoever they want as 5* or who they think deserves that status, stats increasing or decreasing by a certain ratio for each star. Art would be more important then as people would be buying/playing for new cards based on just who they are and what they look like rather than stats, as stats could be built up as you go. Say release all new crew as base 3* and let players decide whether they want them to be higher or lower from there.

For example, you have Sniper Ezri. You think Ezri is awesome and all her cards deserve to be 5*. No problem. Take a look at your crew roster. Hmm, there's that Boxer Chakotay you don't give two hoots about. Take a star off him and add it to Ezri. Sniper Ezri is now 4* and Boxer Chakotay is 2*. To stop people abusing the system though by doing loads of pack pulls and using the throwaway 3*s and cadets to promote the rest of their cards, make it so that you can only raise/lower stars using like for like cards. So now your Sniper Ezri is a 4*, you can't use another 3* or less to push her up to 5. You have to lower another 4* to do it. If you lower a 1* to push another 1* to 2, the lowered card simply disappears into the ether as you can't have 0*.

Then the old promotional blurb of having a personalised crew of your favourite characters could actually be accurate without having to settle for crew you don't like because they've got decent stats or having to settle for awesome characters with crappy stats.

Thoughts?
    Level 99. Latest Immortal (957): Chancellor Gowron - October 2023.
  • I don't think Yar's artwork is all that bad. It's certainly not as sharp as earlier cards, and that's the new norm. It's very disappointing but not quite as disappointing as the general lack of creativity in the game, where we've had lots of sec and dip crew recently and not much else unless it was in Discovery or the comics, both of which are great but we need to mix it with some basic Star Trek crew of different skills
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • elemntee wrote: »
    6aukkket9vuo.jpg

Is that a "Father Ted" reference?! :smiley:
  • lotojxfbjzfi.gif
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please DB, stop the slide on the artwork quality.
    I'm of the opinion that the artwork wont improve until people stop buying the shoddy goods. I'll not be spending any cash/dilithium on the event for these characters, I'm voting with my wallet.

Jim

DB: Do Better
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    elemntee wrote: »
    6aukkket9vuo.jpg

Is that a "Father Ted" reference?! :smiley:

Or maybe a one inch guy just blew up the entire enemy fleet and saved us?
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • EtienneEtienne ✭✭✭
    Your right, it looks nothing like her.

That in itself should be considered an improvement :)
  • I think the new Yartwork may have been based on a photo of Crosby's stunt double. Yeah, that would explain it.
  • Pallidyne wrote: »
    I don't think Yar's artwork is all that bad. It's certainly not as sharp as earlier cards, and that's the new norm. It's very disappointing but not quite as disappointing as the general lack of creativity in the game, where we've had lots of sec and dip crew recently and not much else unless it was in Discovery or the comics, both of which are great but we need to mix it with some basic Star Trek crew of different skills

You've reached a new level in the stages of grief: Acceptance.

Hahaha that was funny. What's the next stage? Move on?
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pallidyne wrote: »
    I don't think Yar's artwork is all that bad. It's certainly not as sharp as earlier cards, and that's the new norm. It's very disappointing but not quite as disappointing as the general lack of creativity in the game, where we've had lots of sec and dip crew recently and not much else unless it was in Discovery or the comics, both of which are great but we need to mix it with some basic Star Trek crew of different skills

Actually typically it's hope, that'll be interesting
  • Paund SkummPaund Skumm ✭✭✭✭✭

Wait... isn’t Acceptance the final stage in the five stages of grief? Denial, Anger, Bargaining, Depression, Acceptance...

Or did Homer Simpson lead me astray again?
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭

Wait... isn’t Acceptance the final stage in the five stages of grief? Denial, Anger, Bargaining, Depression, Acceptance...

There's a seven stage version that ends with Acceptance and then Hope.
  • Paund SkummPaund Skumm ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018

There's a seven stage version that ends with Acceptance and then Hope.

What did they add to the beginning then to get to 7 stages because my PSYC 101 was like the same time that TNG premiered...
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think its ok. Its not great but it isnt terrible either.
    Let’s fly!
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guest  wrote: »
    Ivanstone wrote: »
    I still like Lego-man's artwork. Look at that intensity. Its like he wants to carve somebody with his sword.
    I couldn't agree more
    Prisoner_%27Bones%27_McCoy_Head.png

What a HUGE difference in detail between the two McCoy’s

• Hope? Mmm. I'm more a realist. Whatever is happening is happening. I can try and change it if I have the energy and think it's worth it, accept it and focus on other things, or simply move on. I'm trying to change stuff because I'm a bit pig headed and I don't want to leave yet. It's annoying, but I hope I can get over the annoyance and enjoy it more. Otherwise it's not worth it. I don't live my life to be annoyed by stuff. DB should try and improve things and to a certain extent you can see they are. So maybe me badgering on is worth it, potentially? Regardless, it gives me something to do.
  • <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yartwork! DB, I'm sorry to tell you this, but I'm airlocking this Yar as soon as I get her. And I'm not paying to buy any packs. Thank you for saving me money again this week.

Damn, you beat me to the pun. xD Yartwork.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guest  wrote: »
    Ivanstone wrote: »
    I still like Lego-man's artwork. Look at that intensity. Its like he wants to carve somebody with his sword.
    I couldn't agree more
    Prisoner_%27Bones%27_McCoy_Head.png

What a HUGE difference in detail between the two McCoy’s

Which is the real McCoy?
  • Ice ManIce Man ✭✭✭
    You shall have:
    * NO sorrytons
    * NO audio comments
    * NO vaahkSEEN
    * NO Lieutenant Yar
  • kobakoba ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    artworks was much better in the past. then they fired one half of staff. but bugs continue, including MAJOR bugs and artwork still decreases.

Maybe they fired the wrong half of staff. Rehire them and fire the other half!
    Leader of the Czechoslovak Fleet (Starbase level 134). We are recruiting!

My Cryostasis Vault
  • kobakoba ✭✭✭
    b6j98omo1rc8.png
    btw, its not just Mirror Data...
    Leader of the Czechoslovak Fleet (Starbase level 134). We are recruiting!

My Cryostasis Vault
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    koba wrote: »
    b6j98omo1rc8.png
    btw, its not just Mirror Data...

Well, there is precedence for a tiny doctor...

01qx1r5pm0m8.jpg

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"