Home The Bridge

I Stop STT

I stop STT.
That's it, the game came to the end of my patience. I only buy a few monthly packs to have 4 shuttles and 150 seats, so I'm a little player. Several points make me give up:
1: The RNG is catastrophic, we lose 8 times out of 10, the wheel dabo gives nothing, the gauntlet is unplayable as we approach the first ten places, hard-earned packs at events always give the same characters 3 stars, travels bring back very few characters
2: The game takes too much time. Why have to wait 3 minutes between each cadet or arena challenge and why is not Warp activated for these challenges? 3-hour missions that require getting up at night, then trips to check every two hours, the last of which is the most profitable, an event in the middle of the Christmas with 6 free tickets that required 12 hours of play. Sorry, I have a life in reality.
3: The game is impossible to finish. My crew places fill up quickly with characters that I can not get to FF, especially the 4 stars. With events that give 3 or 4 new characters each week, I have to freeze my hard-won FF characters. First the 2 stars, then the 3 stars. Now the 4 stars. .. I think this is the worst: Separate crew just FFFE to free up space and ultimately do not enjoy it.
Too bad, the game is well born but it is only for big players. The little devotees can not exist because they have no chance to fight on equal terms and to apply for better rewards. (other games succeed, for example Clash of clan allows little ones to catch the big ones with patience)
I go back to watch the series.
Sorry for my english. Kiss of France. LLAP

Comments

• DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Riddick wrote: »
    I stop STT.
    That's it, the game came to the end of my patience. I only buy a few monthly packs to have 4 shuttles and 150 seats, so I'm a little player. Several points make me give up:
    1: The RNG is catastrophic, we lose 8 times out of 10, the wheel dabo gives nothing, the gauntlet is unplayable as we approach the first ten places, hard-earned packs at events always give the same characters 3 stars, travels bring back very few characters
    2: The game takes too much time. Why have to wait 3 minutes between each cadet or arena challenge and why is not Warp activated for these challenges? 3-hour missions that require getting up at night, then trips to check every two hours, the last of which is the most profitable, an event in the middle of the Christmas with 6 free tickets that required 12 hours of play. Sorry, I have a life in reality.
    3: The game is impossible to finish. My crew places fill up quickly with characters that I can not get to FF, especially the 4 stars. With events that give 3 or 4 new characters each week, I have to freeze my hard-won FF characters. First the 2 stars, then the 3 stars. Now the 4 stars. .. I think this is the worst: Separate crew just FFFE to free up space and ultimately do not enjoy it.
    Too bad, the game is well born but it is only for big players. The little devotees can not exist because they have no chance to fight on equal terms and to apply for better rewards. (other games succeed, for example Clash of clan allows little ones to catch the big ones with patience)
    I go back to watch the series.
    Sorry for my english. Kiss of France. LLAP

It's not a Facebook Page......

WI7YEFm.jpg
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Use the doubled-rewards boost on shuttles do you don’t have to get up at night.

Don’t stress about events. The whales will take all the top spots...focus on threshold rewards and stop worrying.
  • SMMSMM ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Riddick wrote: »
    I stop STT.

I don't have a problem with any of the aspects you discuss. That said there are many reasons to give up that I can think of.

If this is the way you feel, then leave. This will spare you the frustration of aspects of the game that are poor, that you haven't encountered yet. I wouldn't recommend this game to anyone and would advise people not to start playing. That said I'm two years down the line and hope that some day maybe, just maybe, DB will have an epiphany and fix the game.

You mentioned the time taken to play the game. To give an example where customers' time is wasted and of frustration, is lists. There is not one list in the game that is correctly implemented. There are 3 guidelines for lists. 1) When a set of items is sorted there should only be one possible result. In other words the sorted list should be independent of the order of the pre-sorted list. (I.e. the last key should be unique.) The default order in the main crew fails in this regard. 2) The order should be useful and logical. The voyage ship selector list is an example of non-conformance. The list should be ordered by total antimatter with the greatest being left most and initially selected. This is not done leading to wasted time searching for the correct ship and causes frustration and possibly errors selecting the wrong ship. 3) When an item receives focus, especially when the items attribute changes, the resorted list should have its focus set to the item that was changed or examined. This so that customers don't have to scroll back to where they were to 'continue where they left off'. The vault is an example of this. On entering the crew details screen on returning the list 'goes top'.

All the best Riddick and your English is great.
  • Riddick wrote: »
    The little devotees can not exist because they have no chance to fight on equal terms and to apply for better rewards.

As a person who has spent a grand total of £12 on STT and who managed to get a Mirror Inquisitor Troi during the event by ranking in the top 1000, I personally disagree...

... but that's irrelevant and I bid you farewell. If you find the experience unpleasant then stopping is the correct answer. Have fun in your future gaming ;)

(Wow there's still people who wake up in the middle of the night to restart the shuttles? I am truly impressed)
    "Dance with me. For science."
  • Yes, please remove cadet mission timer. And let us warp them.
    239 Immortalized
    Gametag: ECH
  • There's an argument to be made that letting players use cadet tickets all at once MIGHT actually lead to players spending dilithium because the item they need didn't drop in the free runs. If you make players wait between runs you risk having them forget what they needed/wanted. By the time a player makes the 6th run, he/she has probably started concentrating on another part of the game. No reason to purchase 6 more tickets when you don't remember you didn't get the drop you needed.

+1 warping cadet missions. I'd say, if you're going to make me run every mission like I never completed them before, then the locked rare items should reset and let me farm them again. How about once a month?

To the OP, Probablement une bonne décision. Au revoir et bonne chance.
  • I agree with what the OP posted and i have commented the same thing many times before.

The game is about collecting and grinding stuff and became stale. And then instead of make it enjoyable for users, they do the opposite and torture us.

Should have stayed with vip13 as the money i spent on vip14 are mostly become honor pts. I am vip14+ and have stopped my monthly vip and half way out....

But maybe becoming F2P will alter my experience since I don’t have to lose more money

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/comment/36065

• Riddick wrote: »
    Kiss of France

I've not heard this phrase before but it sounds beautiful.
    Sisko: What are you gonna learn in the next few months that you haven't already learned in the last 300 years?
    Ezri Dax: Oh, how to keep from breaking into tears for no reason...
  • and the worse slap in the face. You spend, or Do great in events to get a great crew to help your voyages, and DB Nerfs the advantage of being able to run longer, even though you put the effort, or time, or money into getting the better crew to help you last longer. WTF does DB want to punish us for wanting to do better? I just don't understand.
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    (Wow there's still people who wake up in the middle of the night to restart the shuttles? I am truly impressed)

Sometimes biology or pets will make that decision for you. If you're up, you may as well refresh shuttles, voyages and the Gauntlet.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a smart move to stop playing a game when the joy is out of it....

Right on. I was an umpire for ten years. It was great making a living arbitrating the game I love. One day I looked at my clicker and said to myself “it’s only the second inning?” I retired immediately afterwards and never did a game again.

• Je suis déçu de te voir quitter mais je comprends totalement ce que tu dis. Le jeu pourrait facilement être mieux. J'ai des frustrations similaires mais je continues de m'amuser quand même. Si tu changes d'idée, notre flotte est toujours là!
    Admiral of the Québec Alliance Fleet. Joignez-vous à nous.
  • Paund SkummPaund Skumm ✭✭✭✭✭
    Je suis déçu de te voir quitter mais je comprends totalement ce que tu dis. Le jeu pourrait facilement être mieux. J'ai des frustrations similaires mais je continues de m'amuser quand même. Si tu changes d'idée, notre flotte est toujours là!

Je comprends totalement. mais il y a un forum en allemand mais pas en français...
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Il y est beaucoup des jeuers qui peu parler en Français. On peu toujours le comprendre. (Although it has been close to 25 years since I lived in France.)
    Il y est beaucoup des jeuers qui peu parler en Français. On peu toujours le comprendre. (Although it has been close to 25 years since I lived in France.)

moi aussi. Je suis Canadien mais pas Québécois. Je suis etudier à l'université à Montréal.
  • nous sommes tous déçus lorsque les joueurs quittent la partie. mais la vraie vie est plus importante que de jouer à un jeu frustrant
  • Guys, if you want to practice your french a bit more, feel free to join our crew! After all, we have one less active player now ;). (fleet is Quebec Alliance).
    Admiral of the Québec Alliance Fleet. Joignez-vous à nous.
  • DeanWinsDeanWins ✭✭✭✭
    Ivanstone wrote: »

Sometimes biology or pets will make that decision for you. If you're up, you may as well refresh shuttles, voyages and the Gauntlet.

During Events Most of the people who want to rank up do I imagine;) but those that are okay with being mediocre do not I would guess...
  • I would imagine that 99% of players ranking highly enough in an event to win the 3* already have that character Immortalised. Thus it and the 2* given out by DB get airlocked 99% of the time. What a waste. But us players that do this do so only to reach the "higher" awards above this level.

The event reward structure needs serious thought.
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭

During Events Most of the people who want to rank up do I imagine;) but those that are okay with being mediocre do not I would guess...

My toddler is my secret of success in factions.
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    What a waste.

Please don't start this up again.
  • Pallidyne wrote: »

Same haha
    239 Immortalized
    Gametag: ECH
    Pallidyne wrote: »

Same haha

I was just about to send the last on to college... maybe I can convince the missus to have one more so I too can succeed at STT... 😝
  • Dralix wrote: »
    What a waste.

Start what up, exactly? I have never brought this up before.
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dralix wrote: »
    What a waste.

Start what up, exactly? I have never brought this up before.

I didn't mean you had brought this up before, though I didn't make that clear.

There was someone a while back who complained ad naseum about the "culture of waste" with regards to airlocking rewards. It was worse than the current "we need more med" that's popping up in many threads.
  • Ah, fair enough - thanks for clarifying.

To be fair I hadn't crystallised my thoughts completely. I'm happy with the honour I get from the 3*'s but can't help but feel sorry for newer players that find it difficult to break into that tier. They would probably love that 3* "Homeless Bones" that goes straight out of my airlock.