Home The Bridge

Is anyone else tired of SEC crew releases?

2»

Comments

• Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know how to @ people properly.
    But I did not count Daily Reward crew, because I am only counting new crew releases in the topic of this thread. I am simply stating that I find it a bit shocking how the new crew releases over the past half-year are so DIP and SEC heavy and barely much of any other primary skill.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Part of the problem has been last month event was mirror event and they are all angry warrior types. Before that we had Discovery event month and there is a lot of fighting in that show and so lots of security. Maybe next event month could focus on a less security intense group like the Ferengi or have a Non Human Federation month with a betazoid week, a trill week, an Andorian and tellarite week and a Bolian/other grouping. U could have one troi and a couple other betazoids, one dax and two other trill and so on. Main thing is just that next event month legendary should be a three skill person with no security and no command. Too much of both.
    Let’s fly!
  • I'm sure with all the random mixing of species and timelines there's gonna be a few outbreaks of nasty diseases and plagues affecting all factions. There's 12 factions, that's three per week, with plenty of need for the finest medical crew and possibly even some diplomacy to avoid conflict, guns to stop conflict, engineering to fix things, and even some science! Medicine being the most needed, with the repeat legendary being Med primary Dip secondary, with a good chuck of command, and a super rare Med every month with another person along to help fixey up anything else.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • It just goes to show... some can command, some can tinker, some can nurse you back to health... but EVERYONE can hold a gun and be on the front line! This is what we learned in the military. My job may be to keep communications running in a mobile comm vehicle, but first and foremost I can be handed a gun and put out there if needed! And since humans and apparently most other aliens like to fight and start wars, security is always needed.
  • Another effect of the limited number of Med and Eng is the increased competition in those events. I don't know how other players go, but IMO any event with an Eng or Med gold takes half as much work again as other events. This could be due to a lack of depth in my crew, more people trying on those events, or a greater willingness of players to open their wallets (or all of the above), but the result is it is even harder to get these crew than the skew in the numbers suggest.
    And pray that there's intelligent life somewhere out in space, because there's bugger all down here on Earth.
    -Monty Python, The Meaning of Life
  • Truly. And it doesn't help if the servers go down or other unforseen events occur at awkward times.
  • These guys?

g519g5ug9plx.png

g5hwqo7vpfgj.png

j48oxy6xzx27.png
  • Seems cheaper to buy a bundle pack during an event then compete at that level. The time alone I could work extra and easily cover the opportunity cost of each weely release
  • IrialIrial ✭✭✭✭
    So I ran the numbers of all new crew released in the past 6 months (since August 2017).

I am not seeing Cadet Sylvia Tilly in the list. :)

And if you leave her out, then ...
    you are risking the wrath of Captain Killy!! ;)
  • Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    Irial wrote: »
    So I ran the numbers of all new crew released in the past 6 months (since August 2017).

Oh guess I missed one.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • Paund SkummPaund Skumm ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Irial wrote: »

Is that the planned second ST Discovery full feature film?
    “The Wrath of Killy”?
  • sorinevsorinev ✭✭✭
    I could do with better MED and SCI personally.

I only have 2 golds who are SCI primary, and that's Mirror T'Pol and Seven of Nine. T'Pol is 1/5 and Seven is 3/5. At those figures, T'Pol is 13th on my crew and Seven is 29th. The purple SCI ahead of them max out in the 800s and have mediocre rolls.

For MED, I have 4/5 Dark Ages McCoy, 1/5 Mobile Doctor, 1/5 Crell Moset as gold MED primary (as well as purple immortals Combat Medic Paris, RAF Bashir, 2x Mirror Phlox, Holonovel Doctor).

Pretty lackluster. I'm good on the other skills with a solid gold or two in each stat. Just not MED / SCI.

There is a ton of SEC, we don't need more SEC. Or CMD. Or DIP. I'm solid on ENG, but I understand others are not, so we could use more ENG, SCI, and MED. Maybe an upcoming mega event can focus on those three stats. The free gold, as well as the majority of the event crew.
    [SSR] Sorin08
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well they did the comics... and I know its a long shot, but I'd love to see the Starfleet Core of Engineers.
  • No.
    Proud member of eXodus
    Join the eXo|plosion today!
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    d3qrbzpzd4mu.jpg
    Let's have some Bynars!
    Let’s fly!
  • DeanWinsDeanWins ✭✭✭✭
    Jim Steele wrote: »
    RaraRacing wrote: »
    Also, check if you have Vedek Bareil Antos ... I highly recommend him too, he came out in June sometime and was part of a Galaxy event (reason I have him FF) ... even though he has MED as third skill, he can provide valuable points during CMD/DIP/MED-combo Voyages.
    He's in my freezer so I will definitely thaw him out once I juggle some crew around (only froze him originally as I was short on space).

Jim

I agree Bareil is really helpful as you can put him in the dip slot to add additional med. I also haven't noticed anyone mention Guinan? She can really boost med when added to the dip slot.
  • Yes, i am. Skills of (new) crew are very unbalanced. But i am sure DB doesn t bother with such details....cause they obviously don t play their game, or if so, not as hardcore as we do.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not saying I have a lot of SECs, but I am grateful for the SECs I do have. I have some rough SECs and some more gentle SECs. My SECs can also last quite a while without becoming too fatigued, which is great. More SECs is nice, as long as we are talking good SECs — but then you could say any SECs would be better than no SECs at all.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.

Lol the SCE is mostly canon crew in non-canon situations.
  • Pallidyne wrote: »
    No.

Lol the SCE is mostly canon crew in non-canon situations.

True. SEC was the trait I was most lacking in so I’m fine with it.
    Proud member of eXodus
    Join the eXo|plosion today!
  • I am new to this blog and don’t know where to post things, but I would love to see a Commodore Decker character. William Windom did what has been called the best acting on Star Trek in The Doomsday Machine (TOS).
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    I am new to this blog and don’t know where to post things, but I would love to see a Commodore Decker character. William Windom did what has been called the best acting on Star Trek in The Doomsday Machine (TOS).

@guest_824868788031488 Unless you've got a pressing issue that needs immediate attention, it's generally best to get the lay of the land a bit before you post, especially in a thread that obviously has nothing to do with what you're posting about.

However, in the interest of actually being helpful, I'll point you to this thread — which, by the way, is "stickied" to the top of the main forum, so I don't know how you missed it — Most Wanted Ships & Crew:
    https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/48/most-wanted-ships-and-crew#latest

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"