Home The Bridge
Options

DB, have you decided what to do after Starbases reach Max?

Princess TristaPrincess Trista ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2018 in The Bridge
I am curious because we are about a day or two from maxing our Starbase.

Trista

Comments

• Options
    Yes, but all of a sudden we lose out on any bonuses
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sincerely hoping DB is devoting more time to fixing other glaring issues as opposed to starbase levels.

Lol it is a glaring issue.

Though I appreciate the sentiment. I don't think they should be mutually exclusive. They should all be on a roadmap. Roadmaps and Gantts....
  • Options
    Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, but all of a sudden we lose out on any bonuses

Just the 100 chrons a day.

The other bonuses don't go anywhere.
  • Options
    Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm sincerely hoping DB is devoting more time to fixing other glaring issues as opposed to starbase levels.

It's one of the most glaring issues in the entire game. My fleet is also getting to that point, albeit a couple of weeks and not a couple of days.
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Guess for fleets that are not as much progressed and/or anywhere near to have their starbase maxed, its not such an issue. Just natural, i don t blame them for their opinion.

If DB doesn t fix it soon, at least we have enough time to hoard some holoemitters, so once new lvs get added, we can rush away. ;)
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    AmphistaffAmphistaff ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is quickly becoming a huge problem for any fleet that meets the daily donations. We are down to upgrading 5 more rooms from level 4 to 5. While that will take quite awhile with all the jukeboxes required it's still fast approaching a critical problem (again). A long term solution really needs to be created.

Simplest solution I see (and has been said by me and many others) is to create a room that empties every night at reset. That way we always can donate whatever we have excess of and meet our donations. Thematically something like a hydroponics bay makes sense where you'd have to put time and effort into keeping your plants healthy but it doesn't provide you with any specific bonus.
  • Options
    [KM]Videm[KM]Videm ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Guess for fleets that are not as much progressed and/or anywhere near to have their starbase maxed, its not such an issue. Just natural, i don t blame them for their opinion.

If DB doesn t fix it soon, at least we have enough time to hoard some holoemitters, so once new lvs get added, we can rush away. ;)

sure, but with the completely artificial donation limit to bolted on as a way for more dilithium to be bought and spent...
    We are recruiting for our sister fleet, Mirror Klingon Marauders! Contact me via private message if interested
  • Options
    I know most don't agree with me, and I understand you want those daily bonuses. But I feel like the reward is that you have a fully upgraded base and the advantages that offers over those who don't. But then again, my fleet is nowhere close to maxing out our base, so I'm probably a bit biased.
    Drunken Dahar Masters is recruiting active players.
    PM for details.

So long and thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another option would be to allow a substantial increase in the chroniton cap with further rooms. However, this delays the inevitable.
  • Options
    Sisko! Congratulations!!
  • Options
    Hunter247Hunter247 ✭✭✭✭
    I think that the holo wall is hitting more users than the starbase level cap.

We have a trickle of holoemitters which means every single room that is not completed is waiting on holoemitters with most users in our fleet sitting on tens of thousands of all other resources
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    My base was maxed today. Rip free chronitons.

I'd be more concerned about the lack of free honour. Got that pesky new HH crew. And all those Voyage 4*'s to FF. And all the other random crap clogging up crew quarters.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Hunter247 wrote: »
    I think that the holo wall is hitting more users than the starbase level cap.

We have a trickle of holoemitters which means every single room that is not completed is waiting on holoemitters with most users in our fleet sitting on tens of thousands of all other resources

I agree, but the holo wall can be overcome with organization and a fleet-wide commitment to running ship missions. There's nothing a fleet can do about the level cap.
  • Options
    NeemsNeems ✭✭✭
    Ivanstone wrote: »
    My base was maxed today. Rip free chronitons.

I'd be more concerned about the lack of free honour. Got that pesky new HH crew. And all those Voyage 4*'s to FF. And all the other random crap clogging up crew quarters.

Honor isn't based on donations, they should still be able to hit those targets just fine.
  • Options
    Guess for fleets that are not as much progressed and/or anywhere near to have their starbase maxed, its not such an issue. Just natural, i don t blame them for their opinion

Rushes towards max cap then whines about losing bonuses. Makes total sense.
  • Options
    Lilac Erosion Lilac Erosion ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Once more I will ask (and remember I like the rewards) where did DB say the daily rewards for building Starbase rooms would be a permanent ongoing thing? Yes daily means they will happen on a regular basis but that doesn't mean always and forever.
    Sincerely,

Lilac Erosion

7TH Tactical Wing

Maybe the irony is that we play because we’re Star Trek fans, those hopeful idealists that like to think things will get better when we raise valid concerns about fairness and balance, etc and we forget that DB’s greed openly mocks the values espoused by the franchise they have a license
    -Lord Wizzlestix IT
  • Options
    AmphistaffAmphistaff ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once more I will ask (and remember I like the rewards) where did DB say the daily rewards for building Starbase rooms would be a permanent ongoing thing? Yes daily means they will happen on a regular basis but that doesn't mean always and forever.

Don't call them daily rewards if they're not meant to be obtained daily in perpetuity. What would you say if they decreased our free arena tickets to fewer than 5? Or increased the "do cadet missions" mission to more than 6? Same idea.

There's also no way someone internally didn't point this out from the start. Or at the least we've all been saying it since day 1 of starbases.
  • Options
    Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭

To my knowledge, DB has not directly commented either way on the matter.

In every incarnation of "daily" rewards I have seen in other games, the intent was that they could be collected daily if you met the criteria. There was never a "sunsetting" of benefits (unless, of course, you simply did not to complete them).

This would be the first game that I've ever seen explicitly create a daily quest that it was possible (even intentionally designed) to "grow out of".
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amphistaff wrote: »
    This is quickly becoming a huge problem for any fleet that meets the daily donations. We are down to upgrading 5 more rooms from level 4 to 5. While that will take quite awhile with all the jukeboxes required it's still fast approaching a critical problem (again). A long term solution really needs to be created.

Simplest solution I see (and has been said by me and many others) is to create a room that empties every night at reset. That way we always can donate whatever we have excess of and meet our donations. Thematically something like a hydroponics bay makes sense where you'd have to put time and effort into keeping your plants healthy but it doesn't provide you with any specific bonus.

Hydroponics, a cargo bay (sending supplies elsewhere), replicator fuel, antimatter generator (not in keeping with the QCRD technology actually used but it’s an idea)...it need not provide any bonuses, just something that is an endless pit for starbase components.
  • Options
    Rushes towards max cap then whines about losing bonuses. Makes total sense.

Some fleets have 50 active members and make an effort to find holoemitters, which is all the rushing required.

• Options
    Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nobody has yet mentioned that DB said many moons ago they were working on a resolution to this issue?

Adding new levels and rooms only delays the problem, so it’s not a proper resolution. So I’m still expecting DB to put something out in the next update.

Wouldn’t even mind if they just changed the daily chron reward to something other than starbase donations.
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wouldn’t even mind if they just changed the daily chron reward to something other than starbase donations.
    That would probably make the most sense, or just get rid of it entirely.

Im not going to sweat it too much, were still a few levels from maxing ours.

Jim

DB: Do Better
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    That would probably make the most sense, or just get rid of it entirely.

Im not going to sweat it too much, were still a few levels from maxing ours.

Jim

DB: Do Better
  • Options
    I'm surprised that there are still fleets that still haven't realized that being the 'first to max' your Starbase does more harm to the fleet than good. My fleet's leader implemented a system to ensure that we don't hit the max levels too quickly (i mean, seriously, how many of you actually care about proficiency levels?) just so we get our daily 100 chrons for as long as possible. Because, really, expecting DB to come up with a long term fix for this as soon as the first few fleets hit the max level is just wishful thinking.

• Options
    Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm surprised that there are still fleets that still haven't realized that being the 'first to max' your Starbase does more harm to the fleet than good. My fleet's leader implemented a system to ensure that we don't hit the max levels too quickly (i mean, seriously, how many of you actually care about proficiency levels?) just so we get our daily 100 chrons for as long as possible. Because, really, expecting DB to come up with a long term fix for this as soon as the first few fleets hit the max level is just wishful thinking.

I can’t speak for everyone, but I’ve been proceeding on the basis that we shouldn’t have to worry about rationing/limiting donations because DB have been working on a proper resolution for several months now (ie after the first time this issue came up)

If that has been delayed yet again then it’s the 3rd time they’ve let everyone down and not delivered on their commitment.

• Options
    It would be nice if we had a few new rooms e.g. antimatter boost for voyages, ship ability boosts for arena/space battles, shuttle time boost to speed up shuttles, extra slots in crew space etc
  • Options
    DB certainly can't be accused of forward thinking.

Poor planning, or a lack thereof, and poor implementation, are their hallmarks.

Everyone has massive stockpiles of three components and few or no holoemitters. Having fleets focus on space battles helps... a wee, tiny, itsy bitsy bit but when the same battle drops 50 tritanium most of the time and only 11 holoemitters the rest of the time... Poor planning and poor design. For shame, DB, for shame!
  • Options
    The 100 daily chrons do not matter, there are plenty from voyages anyway and a full starbases improves voyages by quite a margin --> not even a full loss of the 100 chrons.
    I however think the lack of communication and road-map from DB is troublesome.
    Since I brought the topic up in another thread over a week back, there has been 0 acknowledgement.
    Even a: "we said we are working on a permanent solution, but will not be able to do further quick fixes until this solution is implemented somewhere in Q4 2018" would be great.
    But implementing a feature and then just abandoning is just no way to go..