Home The Bridge
Options

[Discussion] Arena Changes - February 2018

JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
While I actually like that newer players can get to Borg Scout Ship schematics in another way rather than get lucky in Dabo, I have a bit of an issue with the frequency of "useless to older players" schematics in all three divisions. It was like that in December 2017 and it will again be like that in February 2018.

All those kinds of schematics can be recieved (with a bit luck) in Dabo or portal pulls. The NX-01 (Admiral division this month) was a nice exception since the NX-01 schems don't drop in portals or Dabo at all.

So ... why can't we just have exclusive ships in the Arena while the normal ships stay in Dabo and portal pulls? Or actually, why can't we get some of the older exclusive ships (Hirogen 2* and 4*, Borg Sphere 2* and 4*, Klingon TOS cruiser 3* and 5* and NX 3* and 5*) in the portals and Dabo as well?
"Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")

Comments

• Options
    Since schematics in portal packs essentially just cost us 100 honor for the 3* character we lost out on, they should really just let us sell the stupid things for honor too.

But yeah, schematic rewards in the arena are worthless except for maybe eventual replicator fodder for 95% of players.
  • Options
    Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see area rewards much like I see the daily login rewards. Sometimes I get something useful, but most of the time it gets tossed on the pile.

Like you said, it's mostly rewards for newer players that will gradually lose their value. Heck, you should be able to max out a ship after its second monthly run. It doesn't surprise me these are being slow rolled a bit.
  • Options
    It would've been nice to see at least one level (Commander, Captain, or Admiral) have a unique reward that isn't normally available.

At least I'll gett my NX to 8/10. That'll make it worth using in Voyages for the traits.
    Captain Bubble Bobble
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol I think some folks would even be happy to get the Jem Hadar fighter since that thing hasn't made it into dailies and has been hit or miss for some folks in packs.

But I agree that there should be at least one of the levels with a newer ship.

By that same token, if the ship is a year old, there's no excuse for it to not be in packs.
  • Options
    Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    They should increase the legendary max level to 11.1umwpe1ux93q.png
  • Options
    I'm less than impressed that they're doing the change since the NX-01 schematics were late due to DB's issues.

My suggestion is that everyone send in tickets to CS for the schematics missed due to the late change in January.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would fight a hobo (not that there are any in my town) for the ability to replicate schematics. Not individual ones, of course, but maybe in lots of 50 or 100. The conversion rate can even be ridiculous (2000 nanopolymers per 50 legendary schematics works for me) but I constantly worry that I'm going to accidentally use schematics I'm trying to save when replicating other things.
  • Options
    Arena needs to be revamped completely. Such a waste of server resources.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    They want us to spend money on schematics. Therefore, they want us to be close to maxing ship. They hope we will spend money to max it the rest of the way.

As of now there is no incentive to max the new ships. If they want to encourage us to spend money on them, they need to improve rewards in arena or come up with voyage needed traits that have meaning. +150 trait bonus on voyage is only useful on 5* ships. If I do not have a trait bonus on voyage I do not extend it. The only thing voyage wise I can think of is increasing trait bonus. Needing a specific ship to get a drop in dilemma would be a joke. As hard as it is for us to get voyage specific crew, this would give no incentive at all.
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully DB will mess up the change over again to account for the week of lost Schematics over the festive period!!

Pretty much think most people have the BC maxed except new players, lame but hey, I can go back to just starting arena battles and watching them fail again. The arena is a total waste of time anyway would be nice to be able to do ship battles against real people rather than the crappy computer AI.

Jim
    DB: Do Better
  • Options
    I'm less than impressed that they're doing the change since the NX-01 schematics were late due to DB's issues.

My suggestion is that everyone send in tickets to CS for the schematics missed due to the late change in January.

They sent out free schematics at the start of January due to the delay >_<
    Even more than hitting 1% each day it wasn't available, if I remember correctly.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Thanks for reminding me. With all the other issues I forgot.
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh yeah, we only got NX-01 schematics for 28 days, not for 30 days. Hah, if I had 2 more days of farming, I could have brought mine to Level 9/10 probably. :D
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    So whats ships semantics are we getting for February i haven't got the notice yet ?
  • Options
    So whats ships semantics are we getting for February i haven't got the notice yet ?

It is in the Starfleet Announcements page.
    Shan wrote:
    Greetings, Captains!

Beginning on January 30, 2018, the Battle Arena Rewards for the month February will be as follows:

• Commander Division: Ferengi D'Kora Marauder 3* Schematics
    • Captain Division: U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701 4* Schematics
    • Admiral Division: Borg Scout Ship 5* Schematics

Please note that this change will go live after the server release for that day, and that any unclaimed Battle Arena Rewards will be affected by this change. If you are aiming for a particular ship make sure to collect the rewards on time, prior to the change taking place, or your unclaimed rewards will turn into the updated rewards mentioned above.

The STAR TREK TIMELINES Team

Jim
  • Options
    Good news, I don’t have to care about my arena rankings until March (at least).
  • Options
    Good news, I don’t have to care about my arena rankings until March (at least).

I'm in the same boat. The arena just became completely worry free for a month lol
  • Options
    eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can think of a couple of ships that would REALLY get people playing the arena again if they were the rewards...

hqdefault.jpg
  • Options
    das411 wrote: »
    I can think of a couple of ships that would REALLY get people playing the arena again if they were the rewards...

hqdefault.jpg

Mmmm...a 5* Commandeered U.S.S. Reliant would indeed be pretty popular.
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would kill for an Enterprise-E! :D
  • Options
    I find it mind-boggling that we still don't have either of the movies-era TOS Enterprises (either the O.G. refit NCC-1701 or the post-STIV NCC-1701-A).
  • Options
    Four ships I'd love to see...

The refit 1701, the Reliant, the Enterprise E and the Romulan BoP from Balance of Terror.
  • Options
    Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    wnj6k9m3t7qh.jpg
    Vor'Cha

yigjmc6wj1tp.jpg
    Neg'Var

Two awesome Klingon ships and neither are in the game.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reminder that this will happen tomorrow but it might take a while before all servers get updated.
    I will post again once I know that the change is live everywhere.
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thankies for the info, Shan. :)
  • Options
    Shan wrote: »
    Reminder that this will happen tomorrow but it might take a while before all servers get updated.

Thanks for the info @Shan; I don't think anyone will be unhappy if they are a little late (im around 700 schematics short of the next level, wink wink...)

Jim
  • Options
    Jim Steele wrote: »

Thanks for the info @Shan; I don't think anyone will be unhappy if they are a little late (im around 700 schematics short of the next level, wink wink...)

Jim

Here's to hoping there's a delay! :)
  • Options
    Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018

The changes are live now. Is there a reason why we are losing out on 2 days of Enterprise schematics? That's disappointing.

If I may also make a suggestion, put at least one of the three tiers as a ship that isn't in the regular pool. That way one of the divisions is worth competing in. With these new rewards, there's no point in even trying.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    The change is now live.

Changes like these require a server release which means they need to coincide with our weekly server release.
  • Options
    The Great GornholioThe Great Gornholio ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    The change is now live.

Changes like these require a server release which means they need to coincide with our weekly server release.

Wow.... for real? How many days of NX-01 Schematics did we lose this month? That's just plain wrong.... Couldn't the change have waited until next week? lol

EDIT:

5qawdrylrbea.png

Yep.... they're live..... great.....