Home The Bridge
Options

[Discussion] Arena Changes - February 2018

Comments

• Options
    Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    The change is now live.

Changes like these require a server release which means they need to coincide with our weekly server release.

Can we expect an in-game message with our final 2 days of NX schematics? Replicator fuel is irrelevant in this game, so the new schems are a waste for most of us.
  • Options
    Grant77 wrote: »
    The change is now live.

Changes like these require a server release which means they need to coincide with our weekly server release.

Can we expect an in-game message with our final 2 days of NX schematics? Replicator fuel is irrelevant in this game, so the new schems are a waste for most of us.

This would be nice. Swapping out the rewards early is just wrong, and coincidentally it just happens to be during the month with a really good ship (NX-01).
  • Options
    The change is now live.

Um... THERE ARE 31 DAYS IN JANUARY!!! THIRTY-ONE!!!

<*ahem*... excuse me...>
    In the immortal words of Spock: "Live long and prosper"
  • Options
    NoneNone ✭✭✭
    I’m actually a little happy to get that Enterprise. I played for well over a year before I could scrounge enough schematics to even build it in the first place. I still have a few more levels to go. That said, I still would have liked to get some more of the NX 01 schematics.
  • Options
    Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grant77 wrote: »
    The change is now live.

This would be nice. Swapping out the rewards early is just wrong, and coincidentally it just happens to be during the month with a really good ship (NX-01).

Only got mine to level seven. And no, I won't be buying schematics packs, DB! :p
  • Options
    I am similarly affected. Another day's schematics, (100 in my case) would've gotten me to level 7 for the NX-01. Like may others, I have no need for any of the February schematics, but that's not the issue. Realizing that DB is not releasing schematics specifically for me, I have no particular beef with the schematics they picked out.

That being said, they should at lease make the January ones available for all of January or compensate for the difference. Can we please get some extra NX-01 schems to compensate for the lost days? Should I send in a ticket or watch this thread for more information first?
  • Options
    It is really weak that the switch to NX-01 schematics was several days late and that they switched to another ship before January is even over. That's almost as weak as the fact that the NX-01 schematics STILL aren't in pack or the Dabo Wheel.

C'mon DB. It's not that hard to get it right. You never will get it right until you have a different management group though...
  • Options
    SvenLundgrenSvenLundgren ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    So the January Arena rewards we made available late, with actual useful to most people schematics. The February Arena rewards are put up early, with schematics that are probably not useful to many people.... Language, thanks. ˜Shan
    Starfleet Commission: August 12, 2017
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    While Arena Rewards will indeed change on a monthly basis, they will not necessarily be the same for the whole duration of any given month.

That being said I would like to remind everyone that 250 schematics for the NX-01 were sent out at the beginning of the month.

• Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    The change is now live.

@Shan you do realise that it isn't February until Thursday right??
    DB: Do Better
  • Options
    While Arena Rewards will indeed change on a monthly basis, they will not necessarily be the same for the whole duration of any given month.

That being said I would like to remind everyone that 250 schematics for the NX-01 were sent out at the beginning of the month.

Egg on my face! I did not remember that! Apologies!
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jim Steele wrote: »
    The change is now live.

@Shan you do realise that it isn't February until Thursday right??

I am perfectly aware, yes - hence my explanations in that post and the next :)
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    They did announce this ahead of time.

In any case, I'm sure the reason is that they didn't want to risk the change in the middle of an event. This way potential problems are avoided.
  • Options

Egg on my face! I did not remember that! Apologies!

That was for the delay at the beginning of the month. That has nothing to do with losing a day or two at the end of the month which is the issue.
  • Options

There was this part too. Not that I completely agree. I just decided not to press the issue further.

I wonder why that is? Does anyone else remember that condition being a part of the monthly schematics changes originally?

• Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    We are discussing this internally to improve the process going forward. We want to be consistent within our technical limitations and for you to be able to prepare better for each change.
  • Options
    Captain QCaptain Q ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018

That was for the delay at the beginning of the month. That has nothing to do with losing a day or two at the end of the month which is the issue.

250 / 3 = 83.333 schematics for late Jan start... Now we need to redo that math to 250 / 5 = 50 schematics.

"You just ate last week! Why do you think you need to eat again?!?!"

In the immortal words of Spock: "Live long and prosper"
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    We are discussing this internally to improve the process going forward. We want to be consistent within our technical limitations and for you to be able to prepare better for each change.

Just pick either the last Tuesday or first Tuesday of the month and tell people that's when the changes will be made each month, since you do server pushes every Tuesday anyway from what I can tell.
  • Options
    The change is now live.

Wow.... for real? How many days of NX-01 Schematics did we lose this month? That's just plain wrong.... Couldn't the change have waited until next week? lol

EDIT:

5qawdrylrbea.png

Yep.... they're live..... great.....

I'm definitely a "the glass is 1/2 full" type, however agreed. We lost days of NX schematics for what? 3 sets of schematics that (judging by posts here) that almost no one even wants or needs.

i'm sort of stuck playing the arena just to clear my daily goals, but what a buzz-kill. :/
    “You must understand that there is more than one path to the top of the mountain”
    ― Musashi, Japan's Greatest Swordsman and Samurai
  • Options
    Dang...my NX was just about done
    DB = Climbing up an endless wall...
  • Options
    The Great GornholioThe Great Gornholio ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    The change is now live.

Wow.... for real? How many days of NX-01 Schematics did we lose this month? That's just plain wrong.... Couldn't the change have waited until next week? lol

EDIT:

5qawdrylrbea.png

Yep.... they're live..... great.....

I'm definitely a "the glass is 1/2 full" type, however agreed. We lost days of NX schematics for what? 3 sets of schematics that (judging by posts here) that almost no one even wants or needs.

i'm sort of stuck playing the arena just to clear my daily goals, but what a buzz-kill. :/

Same here. The only positive spin I can put on this is that I don't have to care about the Arena for the next month or so. If they go with this trend then the next Arena rewards change should be Tuesday, Feb 27th.
  • Options
    UnkieB wrote: »

Just pick either the last Tuesday or first Tuesday of the month and tell people that's when the changes will be made each month, since you do server pushes every Tuesday anyway from what I can tell.

How about we use the actual calendar month since that was what was communicated?

Now I have these useless schematics instead of the ones I was collecting because DB thinks that February starts on Jan 30.
  • Options
    The Great GornholioThe Great Gornholio ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018

How about we use the actual calendar month since that was what was communicated?

Now I have these useless schematics instead of the ones I was collecting because DB thinks that February starts on Jan 30.

Lol Jan 30 is just the new Feb 1, that's all. I mean the game IS about temporal anomalies right?! :wink:
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭

Well in general I agree of course, but since Shan seems to be indicating that it won't always be on the first of the month, perhaps they didn't want to risk Fubar-ing something on Thursday while the event is running, I figured first or last Tuesday would be something they could stick with going forward since they do pushes every week on Tuesdays anyway. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭

Well in general I agree of course, but since Shan seems to be indicating that it won't always be on the first of the month, perhaps they didn't want to risk Fubar-ing something on Thursday while the event is running, I figured first or last Tuesday would be something they could stick with going forward since they do pushes every week on Tuesdays anyway. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That is part of the discussions we are having, it will get worked out :)
  • Options

And again, part of the discussions should be adding a 14 month old ship to regular packs and the Dabo Wheel.
  • Options
    Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭

Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't that compensation for not having the schematics change on time at the beginning of January?

It's just frustrating to have a useful reward disappear earlier than promised and be replaced with something that is the equivalent of no reward at all for most players.
  • Options

And again, part of the discussions should be adding a 14 month old ship to regular packs and the Dabo Wheel.

I am bringing this up, yes.

Thank you.