• Options
    Yay!!!
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is insanely awesome.... Well done
  • Options
    MbannarMbannar ✭✭✭
    i really like this , thank you
    but wondering if we are going to see a increase in ingame cash for this on missions and stuff , doesnt do any good @ 250k and @90k items to have up to 8 reps a day if you cant make the ingame cash to use them

thoughts?
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Mbannar wrote: »
    but wondering if we are going to see a increase in ingame cash for this on missions and stuff , doesnt do any good @ 250k and @90k items to have up to 8 reps a day if you cant make the ingame cash to use them

thoughts?

Open a supply kit to generate credits during normal gameplay. Also, run the Epics on Advanced: A Certain Formality cadet challenges.
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Industrial Replicator is a huge boon for f2p players since they currently only get 1 use per day. As a VIP 14, it's going to be really helpful for faction items that block leveling event crew in the 24 hours between the packs and the start of the event.
  • Options
    MbannarMbannar ✭✭✭
    i run them full time still never seems enough
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    doesnt do any good @ 250k and @90k items to have up to 8 reps a day if you cant make the ingame cash to use them

I'll be using it mostly to replicate faction items. Credit cost will be almost nil.

And on that note Author Jake will probably sit unfinished till I can find another crew that has a Basic Holoprogram in his build list.

VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes that will be quite helpful. Thx DB.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    This was a double brilliant move! The value of extra Cadet Tickets on Saturday just went up. I see what you did there DB.... I shall oblige you :)
  • Options
    MbannarMbannar ✭✭✭

thoughts?

Open a supply kit to generate credits during normal gameplay. Also, run the Epics on Advanced: A Certain Formality cadet challenges.

with supply and those its like 55k right? so one set of 6 would only net 1-250k item right?
    most voyages at 24 hrs nets about 100-150k and you get what maybe another 100k from dailys , thats still a lot of chrons and missions for cash that i dont get enough of to use all 8 reps a day ?

thoughts or am i missing something still newish so totally possible im missing something ?
  • Options
    I'm actually a bit shocked they did this. I would have expected them to sell extra replicator uses first. Nice surprise.
  • Options
    DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    thoughts or am i missing something still newish so totally possible im missing something ?

You don't have to use each replicator use on a 5* item.
  • Options
    An extra set of Cadet Tickets on Saturday should equal what? About a million for 12 runs at the top tier mission? Sat just became: 150 Dilithium = 4 Replicated Legendary items (without cost reduction) for me lol
  • Options
    Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭

thoughts?

Usually, it's a lot more fuel and credit-efficient to replicate at the 1-3* level. Past that, it gets significantly more expensive.
  • Options
    For me to replicate a 4* item, it's usually because it requires many faction exclusive item that would require a couple of days of using all 5 uses to get enough. I'll just bite the bullet and spend the 90,000

For me to replicate a 5* item, it has to be main event crew prior to the start of the event and the item has to add a significant number to the base stat.
  • Options
    JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭

There are certain items you will always need in masses during the run of the game: Holoprogramms, science and medical experiment, 2 * star security codes etc. And they are cheap to replicate. Sometimes I spend a whole week with only producing one of these items in masses.

In general the right mix of replicating cheap and expensive items does it. Also be selective with whom to level. Don´t just level to level. Level if a character improves your crew, is a fav of yours or needed in an event. And sometimes take a while to only build up resources like credits. I have a strong crew in all skills by now and despite that have 39615542 creds. With patience etc. everything will fall your way in time...

• Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me to replicate a 5* item, it has to be main event crew prior to the start of the event and the item has to add a significant number to the base stat.

And costs 200K plus to just build normally. *Cough*Icheb's Clothing*Cough*
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    For me to replicate a 4* item, it's usually because it requires many faction exclusive item that would require a couple of days of using all 5 uses to get enough. I'll just bite the bullet and spend the 90,000

The only criteria I have to replicate a 5* Item: Is it a royal pain in the *hugs*? Kukalaka, Geordi's 5* Toolbox and Icheb's 5 Star shirt come to mind. Lately I have been replicating a lot of little stupid things that pop up such as 1* Security Codes. Hopefully I can alleviate my Section 31 problem this week though :)
  • Options
    Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks DB! This is the best thing you have done for a very long time.
  • Options

thoughts?

with supply and those its like 55k right? so one set of 6 would only net 1-250k item right?
    most voyages at 24 hrs nets about 100-150k and you get what maybe another 100k from dailys , thats still a lot of chrons and missions for cash that i dont get enough of to use all 8 reps a day ?

78,000 for final mission without a kit. 471,000 per 6 tickets. with creative replicator use it goes pretty far
  • Options
    I’ll be happy just to replicate 6 basic holoprograms a day
  • Options
    This is massive, the ability for up to 8 holoprograms per day if you don't want to spend credits is significant. Makes someone like Captain Proton Paris manageable with a few days of dedicated replicator usage.
  • Options
    FutureImperfectaFutureImperfecta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nicely done DB.
    Nicely done.

(Tips hat)
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Monolithix wrote: »

NOOO! I'm sure you're kidding, but for anyone else... Every recipe with holoprograms usually requires 2,4, or even 8 of them for simple items. Never replicate them one by one. Replicate the single 2* or 3* item they're making! Most of you know this of course. But if one person saves a few turns at the replicator, it's worth it.
  • Options
    Shan - the post says the Mess Hall reduces the Credit cost of replicating by up to 10%, but the room in the game says it reduces Replicator Fuel Cost (by which I assume it means rations) by up to 2%.

Is it credits, rations, or both that the Mess Hall discounts?
  • Options

NOOO! I'm sure you're kidding, but for anyone else... Every recipe with holoprograms usually requires 2,4, or even 8 of them for simple items. Never replicate them one by one. Replicate the single 2* or 3* item they're making!

I've replicated them when I had down time and didn't really NEED to replicate anything that day. Or had like 2 replicates left and was short on credits, just to be able to use all 5. I agree though that it is better to craft 1 bigger item with several PITA items in it
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

NOOO! I'm sure you're kidding, but for anyone else... Every recipe with holoprograms usually requires 2,4, or even 8 of them for simple items. Never replicate them one by one. Replicate the single 2* or 3* item they're making! Most of you know this of course. But if one person saves a few turns at the replicator, it's worth it.

I’ve come around to this way of thinking. The added credit cost of replicating an uncommon item is negligible, especially if it saves you from building other 1* subassemblies. There are also a few rare items (like champagne) that I will replicate every time despite the credit cost, because the subassemblies are such a pain.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan - the post says the Mess Hall reduces the Credit cost of replicating by up to 10%, but the room in the game says it reduces Replicator Fuel Cost (by which I assume it means rations) by up to 2%.

Credits.
    The issue is known and will be corrected.
  • Options
    thoughts?
    Shan wrote: »

Credits.
    The issue is known and will be corrected.

I was going to bring this up, but yes, credits are already a huge issue. I can't even afford my 4 replicators a day, let alone 7. Let's hope @Shan and the team clarify her last post, as to whether it's the wording they are correcting, or the actual issue of earning more credits to use with the replicator?
    I want to become a Dilionaire...