Home The Bridge
Options

Faction Event Strategies...

What is everyone's strategy when starting off a Faction Event?

Comments

• Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Send shuttles :p

Can’t go wrong there right?

• Options

That's the rumor anyways....
  • Options
    My strategy is open a shuttle mission, tap a free slot, and select the person that shows up at the very top at the list. Always seemed like the logical thing to do :)
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭

That's the rumor anyways....

Be nice, y’all. 😈

@Admiral12309 , search the Forums for “kickstart” to learn about various strategies for Faction events. 🖖🏻
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    As an apology for being slightly sarcastic 2 posts up, here's my video on how to do a kickstart. You have enough time to watch it, and it works for the current event:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovSEmNjPf24
  • Options
    Hi All - thanks for your sarcasm...apologies that I didn't realize what I wanted to see how folks did was "Kickstart." I also usually kickstart by opening 10 shuttle missions and running them at 1 minute, then 10 more shuttle missions at 1:30 using a 3* time boost, then just run shuttles at 3 hour intervals like usual. I do this with 3 shuttles.

Does anyone have a different method of kickstarting?
  • Options
    Watch the video above Admiral...it explains this covert technique beautifully
    DB = Climbing up an endless wall...
  • Options
    It's not like events are competitions or anything. lol
  • Options
    I really don't understand how that gives any advantage?
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options

A quick start allows you to start doing 4000 VP missions almost immediately. Without a kickstart, it would take a player several hours to reach 4000 VP missions (assuming no setbacks). While you're busy sending out 350VP shuttles out, other players are sending out missions that are worth ten times as much.
    Proud member of eXodus
    Join the eXo|plosion today!
  • Options
    arjunaarjuna ✭✭✭
    You get to the 4k victory points faster and because you have a set amount of time for the entire event the faster you get the the highest point total the more points you can fit into the total event.
  • Options
    I base the faction I run on either item need (so Section 31 this round) or which faction I haven't finished gaining reputation on (Hirogen last round). If there's two I need or one of each category, I'll see which faction is doing better as the event progresses. I'm likely to run a lot of the winner the week after since it gets the bonus. So for instance, if I needed to gain rep on Bajoran this round, but need items from Section 31, I'd likely start running Bajoran now since Section 31 will be the bonus during the week.

Hope that provides some additional insight!
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried sending shuttles once... they came back. Am I doing it right?

8d20y7xps2tp.jpg

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    Data1001 wrote: »

8d20y7xps2tp.jpg

Oops, I thought it was, "...If it doesn't come back,... Hunt it down and kill it."
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    C6pilot wrote: »

8d20y7xps2tp.jpg

Oops, I thought it was, "...If it doesn't come back,... Hunt it down and kill it."

Depends on what faction you're with. ;)

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

8d20y7xps2tp.jpg

HHHHAAAA!!!! 5 star joke!

• Options
    edited January 2018

8d20y7xps2tp.jpg

Awesomesauce!!!
  • Options
    MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's hard to believe until you do it. Try it once and you'll be astounded at the difference in your rank. (Assuming you have 4 shuttles, and good enough crew to be successful at the 4000 VP missions.)
  • Options
    So let me get this straight...

- Open up 10 missions of each participating faction; 30 total missions.
    - Complete 10 of one single faction.
    - Then open up and complete a second 10 missions from the same faction, of which, they will be 90 minute missions. Use the 3* time reduction boost on each.
    - Then complete the remaining 20 open missions (10 from the remaining factions) - these missions are short duration missions.
    - Once this is complete, you'll be "kickstarted" to 4000 VP mission at 3 hr duration.

Did I get that correct?
  • Options
    MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭

- Then open up and complete a second 10 missions from the same faction, of which, they will be 90 minute missions. Use the 3* time reduction boost on each.
    - Then complete the remaining 20 open missions (10 from the remaining factions) - these missions are short duration missions.
    - Once this is complete, you'll be "kickstarted" to 4000 VP mission at 3 hr duration.

Did I get that correct?
    Yes. Note that when you reopen those last twenty missions they'll often display a longer time. Don't spend your time boosts on them, they'll just be easy one-minute missions no matter what they show.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    [BL] Q wrote: »
    d8zs68t5l7fu.png

They do??? That’s total BS!!!

• Options

Did I get that correct?

100% correct. I'd also add that it's not about how many people know of the kickstart - it's always been about crew, player dedication, and... yeah, RNG. Being at 3560 VP within the first 30 mins of the event means practically nothing. If you have good crew, you can start from the ground up and still comfortably hit top 500-750.
  • Options
    Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018

Did I get that correct?

100% correct. I'd also add that it's not about how many people know of the kickstart - it's always been about crew, player dedication, and... yeah, RNG. Being at 3560 VP within the first 30 mins of the event means practically nothing. If you have good crew, you can start from the ground up and still comfortably hit top 500-750.

It loses its effectiveness when more people do it. I remember for a couple of months it would be only my fleet and 4 or 5 other people at 3560 VP. Somehow it was leaked or others discovered it. Now kickstarters fill up the leaderboard as far as the eye can see. It's the difference between winning and losing for an F2P like me.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I successfully did the kick-start this time thanks to all you guys who helped me last week. Of course, with my flight and interview, I lost half a day... but the kick-start worked.
  • Options
    Grant77 wrote: »

Did I get that correct?

It loses its effectiveness when more people do it. I remember for a couple of months it would be only my fleet and 4 or 5 other people at 3560 VP. Somehow it was leaked or others discovered it. Now kickstarters fill up the leaderboard as far as the eye can see. It's the difference between winning and losing for an F2P like me.

Actually, it was helpfully posted on the forums by other players. As I said in my video, it's not my strategy - it's been around since forever. I also think that there are better options out there, but this one does it for me.

As for F2P, these are the players that usually destroy the P2W players on galaxy events due to the sheer amount of chronitons that those players can amass through voyages for free. Many paying players kick it back on galaxy events and opt to work on immortalizing their crew. This way both types of players get to perform well in various events. As such, I don't see any big disparity. I have said it before, had I started during the beta, or back in 2016, I would have remained an F2P person.
  • Options
    Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭
    Grant77 wrote: »

Did I get that correct?

Actually, it was helpfully posted on the forums by other players. As I said in my video, it's not my strategy - it's been around since forever. I also think that there are better options out there, but this one does it for me.

As for F2P, these are the players that usually destroy the P2W players on galaxy events due to the sheer amount of chronitons that those players can amass through voyages for free. Many paying players kick it back on galaxy events and opt to work on immortalizing their crew. This way both types of players get to perform well in various events. As such, I don't see any big disparity. I have said it before, had I started during the beta, or back in 2016, I would have remained an F2P person.

I understand what you are saying. I just meant that the kickstart had a better positive effect when only a few people were doing it. I remember starting out events guns a blazing in the top 50 for a day and then slowly falling back to 900th, winning a 5* by the skin of my teeth as the p2w players caught up. My crew had no business being anywhere near the top 1000. Now with everyone doing it, I do the same thing and end up around 500th after just a few hours.