Home The Bridge
Options

Who would get a monthly card now?

2»

Comments

• Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of the reasons I started a monthly card (aside from the dilithium) is to get to the point where I can do a warp 10. I'm level 1, so I figure it will be a few more months.
  • Options
    Knowing what I know now, I would have never paid anything into the game. I am VIP14 (x5) and regret putting the money I have in. Completely F2P now.

Other than the replicator uses, VIP14 is pretty much useless.
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    I probably would have still gone for the card, though I agree, F2P is more attractive now.
    The best benefit to VIP levels is additional crew slots, though I agree, more (or different?) VIP perks would be beneficial (e.g. Replicator cost reduction/chrono recharge/capacity increase, Anti-matter increase etc. etc.)

Jim
    DB: Do Better
  • Options
    I’m happy with my monthly card. Gets me two dabo spins, occasional voyage antimatter refueling and event packs when needed
  • Options
    The Fish wrote: »
    I agree it is a good deal. I dont think what i am saying really applies to VIP 14. Its for the low spenders. But for someone willing to wait for crew the dilithium alone wouldnt of been enough for me to start spending. The VIP bonuses are what convinced me. With the updates to the game though i do not think the vip bonuses are as valuable and i probably would never of spent on this game if i started now.

3000 dilithium for a new player are a very important amount. Buying crew slots and shuttles are the very first things that pop to your mind.

Do you know how many crew you should immortalize to get the same amount of dilithium? 150 - a rather large number, especially if - as a f2p - you find it difficult to fully fuse your epic crew.

So if you say that it is the VIP bonuses that convinced me, I believe you.

But buying one monthly card and getting to VIP 1 is totally worth it even just for the dilithium. A new player can easily buy one new shuttle and 15 crew slots.

I actually think that two monthly cards are a no-brainer for any new player (who doesn't mind spending the equivalent of two cups of coffee). Two shuttles and ~20 crew slots are going to change the game completely.

I understand that you are concerned for the VIP levels, but as far as I see it's only the higher VIP levels that are unattractive. One can reach low VIP perks just as a side effect of buying shuttles and slots.
    "Dance with me. For science."