Home The Bridge
Options

Lost Revenue: Does the current honor exchange rate discourage your spending on packs?

2»

Comments

• Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    you know it's bad when you can get more honor from a daily than a legandary....
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    DraftedMcCoyDraftedMcCoy ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Super Rare and Legendary exchange rates either need to increase, or the drop rate of Legendaries does. I have yet to airlock a legendary, but on a few crew Im closing in on 5*

The volume of them keeps increasing and the frequency in opportunities doesnt.

I have 64 legendaries at the moment in my crew. Most only have one star. Even with honor citations, getting them to 5 stars is going to take forever. I cant afford to drop $25 on another star every time I get one, and even at that end it wouldnt get them to immortalize.

I pick up the $10 for 10 offer when it drops, I have been keeping track and on average I get one Legendary per 9-10 premium packs. I think the drop rate on events packs is better (unless its Mirror Troi, *shakes fist*).
  • Options
    NeemsNeems ✭✭✭
    No
    bowdy wrote: »
    I already posted, but seeing as you asked for long term players to comment... it wouldn't make any difference to me if they changed the honour rate because I don't buy packs, event, premium or whatever. They are not worth a tenth of what DB charge for them.

Too much duplication, they are very bad value for money. And yes I have all the premium SRs FF so there is no point in getting them. Voyages gives me all the honour and SRs I need. So why would I ever buy packs? I can get legendaries from events and mega events and use my honour to buy legendary beholds and citations. Packs are a mugs game my opinion.

If you asked a different question, should we get more honour from dismissing of course I'd say yes. But you didn't ask that. So the answer is no.

Well, yeah of course the packs are worthless and full of duplication if you have all of the 4*s. I imagine literally every card game ever has that "problem". Are you expecting them to offer you cheap packs of only 5*s?
  • Options
    Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes, it definitely would have an impact on my habits if they increased the value. If the average amount of honor (since drops vary) from 10 premium portal 10 pulls was enough honor to get a Legendary citation, I would greatly increase my spending. That would make the citation "drop rate" on par with the Legendary drop rate (around 10%).

I'm at the point where the premium portal is nothing but honor the vast majority of the time. There is not one single3* or 4* that drops in the portal that I do not already have FF. So any crew that is not 5* that drops is out the airlock. If a 5* does drop there is a chance it will also go out the airlock because I have 24 of the 5* crew FF. If it's a behold there is a better chance I can use it, but I've had 5* beholds were all 3 choices were already FF so had to airlock them.

Knowing that pulling 10 premium 10 packs would "guarantee" a 5* that I needed (via citation) would make the regular premium packs worth purchasing again.
  • Options
    XoiikuXoiiku ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Thanks to everyone who voted and shared their thoughts. So far there is a majority view here shared by both yes and no voters (who commented) that the honor rate should be higher. This is of course, news to almost exactly nobody, as it's been well documented in a mountain of other threads as well. Even so, what can we do but continue to supply evidence and argue our cases until our voices are heard?

In terms of the lost revenue angle, decreased pack sales, the poll gives some indication of the effect of the current honor rate, at least among the vocal minority who are still playing and involved on the forums. Extrapolating that data to the silent majority and those who have quit or taken a break ought to give some indication to consequences of not changing this system.

This ought to lend some weight to the argument that by finding a more equitable honor exchange rate DB could recoup some of this lost revenue and lost goodwill.
    We are all downstream from each other and ourselves, therefore choose to be relaxed and groovy.
    Consider participating in civil discourse, understanding the Tardigrade, and wandering with the Subspace Eddies.