Home The Bridge
Options

mega event schedule

FutureImperfectaFutureImperfecta ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2018 in The Bridge
Thank you for posting the info, looking forward to it for the most part.

Wife said I are taking bets with each other as to potential crew.. (wow spell check, I had to edit this)

Very sad 3 out of 4 end with or are Galaxy.
If there had ever been a highlight as to the need to bring back Expeditions or a new event type, this is it.

Thank you.

And thank you for the recurring being Med Primary

Comments

• Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know I'm in the minority, but I like the schedule.

And I'm with the majority in appreciating a high med crew.
  • Options
    Agree with your statement @FutureImperfecta

I would have liked to have seen an expedition event and less galaxy.

Great to have the weekly events type in advance.
  • Options
    This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do love the schedule.
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn glad I bought a ton of crew slots on the last sale--- not gonna get a lot of leveling time. Course with so little faction having lots of bonus/event crew won't matter quite as much.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    And I am thankful that the new Med crew is not a gauntlet Beast so that we don't have to face a wall of her. Instead we get to use her on shuttles and voyages.
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least none of the events are being extended ... so far at least. Two and a half galaxy and 1.5 faction wasn't what I was hoping for, but I'll be on vacation during the 4th event anyway, so I'll DYS and cite her once each to not face any problems. :)
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭
    And I am thankful that the new Med crew is not a gauntlet Beast so that we don't have to face a wall of her. Instead we get to use her on shuttles and voyages.

Have any of the mega event crew been gauntlet beasts? Picard has his uses now and then, but there are several better crew.
  • Options
    I do love the schedule.

Same here, very relaxing, since finishing Top 1000 in a galaxy doesn t require as much time and effort as for a faction event, where you have to send shuttles every 3 or 1.5 hours.

Would have liked an Expedition hybrid as well, but i was pretty sure we wouldn t see an expedition again so soon.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    Hunter247Hunter247 ✭✭✭✭
    Grant77 wrote: »
    Having three quarters of the events as galaxy is a huge slap in the face to the player base. That leaves us with only 3 options.

1. Quit leveling crew for an entire month
    2. Only play one event for an entire month
    3. Spend hundreds of dollars and do both

None are very appealing, but I'll be going with number 2. They basically took all of the fun out of this mega event for 90+% of players.

I am one of the players who would rather have Galaxy events. The last Faction event I was sending out my three shuttles fully loaded with bonus crew and my squad leader was sharing Proto Barclay who was FFE and I still only just managed to get the top Threshold reward (and didn't even hit the top 3000).

Compare this to the Galaxy events where I can often grind to the top 1000 and don't feel the need to spend DIL on an event pack in order to complete the Threshold char.

• Options
    JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same here, very relaxing, since finishing Top 1000 in a galaxy doesn t require as much time and effort as for a faction event, where you have to send shuttles every 3 or 1.5 hours.

Yups, in case you wanna make Top 1000 Galaxies are much more relaxing for sure, you can play them on your own terms and timetables. Plus the community rewards as bonus...

• Options
    Having three quarters of the events as galaxy is a huge slap in the face to the player base. That leaves us with only 3 options.

None are very appealing, but I'll be going with number 2. They basically took all of the fun out of this mega event for 90+% of players.

Agreed. Really annoyed that the event hasn't event started yet and it looks annoying and grindy. SOOOO many new characters, no time to level them if you're looking to be competitive in this mega galaxy event...grrr...

PLEASE DB!

-find a way to make another style of event or two, galaxy is a boring slog 3 weekends out of 4

-increase the number of crew slots given at each VIP level. winning crew is not an incentive when there is nowhere to put them and paying so much for crew slots is stupid and greedy. (I want to give you money and buy crew packs, I don't because I would then have to give you an excessive amount just to keep them in new crew slots, totally an off topic argument, but it's an ever present issue)

I want to support this game, but it's hard in its current state...
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guess it looks like Dominion crew will be sought after for that last one
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm just going to be hitting the threshold rewards and then I'm out, I do question the wisdom in giving out a free med superstar though and indeed the whole mega event concept.

The inclusion has devalued my own MED crew (Mobile Doctor and AOS Crusher) obtained via buying packs.

I guess If they're giving us a free gold every other month there really is no point in spending money trying to fuse existing legendarys instead I may as well airlock them, collect the free legendary and immortalize them instead.

Jim

DB: Do Better
  • Options
    Hunter247 wrote: »

I am one of the players who would rather have Galaxy events. The last Faction event I was sending out my three shuttles fully loaded with bonus crew and my squad leader was sharing Proto Barclay who was FFE and I still only just managed to get the top Threshold reward (and didn't even hit the top 3000).

Compare this to the Galaxy events where I can often grind to the top 1000 and don't feel the need to spend DIL on an event pack in order to complete the Threshold char.

Totally subjective of course. I find Galaxies tedious, boring tapfests that cause RSI. Factions are easy as pie with a minimal investment of time. Since adding my fourth shuttle I have never missed the Top 200 and that's with no rushing shuttles and wasting dil. It all comes down to your crew. Your squad leader can share crap but if you have a deep roster you're golden.
  • Options
    Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭

Unfortunately, enough people will do # 3 that DB couldn't care less about the # 1 and # 2 players.

• Options
    [BL] Q [BL] Q ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meh playing the minimum for the 1/5 freebie in all events. Then sit back Thursday to Monday without a care in the world
  • Options
    Nero84Nero84 ✭✭✭
    Hunter247 wrote: »

Totally subjective of course. I find Galaxies tedious, boring tapfests that cause RSI. Factions are easy as pie with a minimal investment of time. Since adding my fourth shuttle I have never missed the Top 200 and that's with no rushing shuttles and wasting dil. It all comes down to your crew. Your squad leader can share crap but if you have a deep roster you're golden.

100% accurate which is the problem too. If your squad leader shares great crew and you have a deep bench then great; otherwise, you have to be constantly vigilant. I am VIP 11 and have a decent crew but unless you have a lot of legendary characters with multiple stars you have a lot of trouble competing for a top 1000 spot.

Galaxy and Expedition events are fairer to newer players. Galaxy simply revolves around spending chronitons obviously; while, Expedition revolves around getting newer crew early to get max rewards.

Expedition I personally think is the fairest event type because it allows newer players to have a chance at ranking high at the cost of dilithium, while veteran players can also use there vast crew to help them rank if they are willing to put in the time.

Sad that DB doesn't do more of these events.
  • Options
    [BL] Q wrote: »
    Meh playing the minimum for the 1/5 freebie in all events. Then sit back Thursday to Monday without a care in the world
    I'll do that, too.
    A lesson learned in the last two megas: Don't care about the event and level your existing crew. Much more fun and you can just shake your head and smile in disbelief, when DB screws it up again.
  • Options
    IrialIrial ✭✭✭✭

First, I generally would caution about making any statement as being applicable to "90+% of players" - I think there is more diversity amongst the player base, and I think it would be difficult to say anything that is true for so many. Regarding the specific topic, my opinion is that substantially more than 10% of players will enjoy this mega event.

Regarding the released schedule, I think one of the most important new developments we have is that we know all 4 event types at the beginning - to the best of my recollection, this type of early notice has not occurred before. And the advantage of course is players can now better plan - or perhaps better said, strategize - how they are going to play the mega event. Since I know when the Galaxy events are going to occur, and how many of them there are going to be, I know much better now how to plan using my inventory, versus what would be possible if I was only going to receive notice 6 days ahead of the start of each event.

Finally, I think if you are an established/non-new player, at minimum it is possible to level some crew, and at the same time very easily finish in the top 2,000 of the 3 Galaxy events (i.e., to get both 4* crew FF'd), and not spend a single cent. I would go further and say I think it is likely one could finish in the top 1,000 of the 3 Galaxy events (i.e., get all 3 of the new 1/5's if they appeal to you), again without spending any money. Please note I would not have said this of the game 6 months ago, but what has changed things is the introduction of Voyages, and the ability they give a player to pre-farm, plus save items in inventory thanks to the increased availability of replicator fuel.

Now, if when you say "play one event" you mean going for a substantially higher than top 1,000 finish, and what you are instead talking about is a top 15/25 finish (i.e., in order to get multiple copies of the new 5* crew), then I agree with you that this can only be accomplished by spending money.
  • Options
    Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Irial wrote: »

First, I generally would caution about making any statement as being applicable to "90+% of players" - I think there is more diversity amongst the player base, and I think it would be difficult to say anything that is true for so many. Regarding the specific topic, my opinion is that substantially more than 10% of players will enjoy this mega event.

Regarding the released schedule, I think one of the most important new developments we have is that we know all 4 event types at the beginning - to the best of my recollection, this type of early notice has not occurred before. And the advantage of course is players can now better plan - or perhaps better said, strategize - how they are going to play the mega event. Since I know when the Galaxy events are going to occur, and how many of them there are going to be, I know much better now how to plan using my inventory, versus what would be possible if I was only going to receive notice 6 days ahead of the start of each event.

Finally, I think if you are an established/non-new player, at minimum it is possible to level some crew, and at the same time very easily finish in the top 2,000 of the 3 Galaxy events (i.e., to get both 4* crew FF'd), and not spend a single cent. I would go further and say I think it is likely one could finish in the top 1,000 of the 3 Galaxy events (i.e., get all 3 of the new 1/5's if they appeal to you), again without spending any money. Please note I would not have said this of the game 6 months ago, but what has changed things is the introduction of Voyages, and the ability they give a player to pre-farm, plus save items in inventory thanks to the increased availability of replicator fuel.

Now, if when you say "play one event" you mean going for a substantially higher than top 1,000 finish, and what you are instead talking about is a top 15/25 finish (i.e., in order to get multiple copies of the new 5* crew), then I agree with you that this can only be accomplished by spending money.

What I mean is to play the one and only faction event. With the crew slot crunch that all of us are facing, it's just not feasible to throw away an entire month's worth of chronitons and bring crew leveling to a total halt. If there were one galaxy event that nobody would have an issue with their schedule, but this is just too much.

Something has to give and what happens is that an enormous chunk of players will be unable to play at least half of these events, thereby ruining their gaming experience. That's very unfortunate in my opinion.
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭

Pre-Voyage Chron nerf I'd agree with you, but competing with the paid chron packages the last galaxy or two put some serious dents (made it nil other than the threshold character) in my ability to level and get above 1000... and I'd consider myself fairly established.
  • Options
    Yateball wrote: »
    Guess it looks like Dominion crew will be sought after for that last one

Given the timeframe of the Vulcan/Andorian conflict, I think it's more likely a "Founders of the Federation" than "Founders."
  • Options
    [BL] Q wrote: »

Agreed. I've actually come to appreciate Galaxy Events. I hate them as a player but I love not having to even worry about it at all from Thursday to Monday.

I'm in the same boat. I decided to save chrons and do the initial galaxy event (I love Scotty) but my standard practice is to skip Galaxy Events after hitting a certain level of threshold rewards (I need credits more than chronitons).

In a lot of ways, it's made me a happier player. It's not just the break, which is nice - it's the ability to level crew with those resources that would otherwise be going into getting new crew. I'm only VIP10, but the abundance of galaxy events means I haven't felt real crew slot pressure in a long time, which allows me to slow my spending.
  • Options
    IrialIrial ✭✭✭✭
    @Grant77: I understand your point about each player needing to manage versus the number of crew slots they own. To me this means focusing crew levelling on FF'd characters, since they can be immortalized and stored in the Vault. Occasionally (such as with Prisoner Michael Burnham and Florist Q) we get new 2* and 3* crew, but most often for established players the new crew needing to be equipped (for the purpose of freeing up crew slots) are 4* characters earned from an event. If the event is a Galaxy type, then there is the possibility of getting 2 FF'd with a top 2,000 finish, and for a Faction event, you can get 1 FF'd by finishing in the top 1,500. Sorry, I am assuming here we are talking about players who are not spending money to acquire additional characters, as I understood your concern to be focused on what could be done without spending. Therefore the question becomes, how many Chronitons are needed per week to FE either 1 or 2 new 4* crew, assuming there will also be a judicious use of the Replicator (we'll assume just 1 time per day)? Your experience, or the experience of other players, may be different from mine, and I respect that, but for me I can say I am able to 'keep up' with equipping all of my FF'd crew, and still have plenty of Chronitons left over for pre-farming for the next Galaxy event.

@Pallidyne: Let's assume you were to run only non-Dilithium spending Voyages (i.e., for you I am guessing this means you can easily get each Voyage past the 6 hour mark, and perhaps your crew is even strong enough to frequently top 8 hours). In an 'average' week, running just these type of Voyages, how many Chronitons would you get? I have not tracked the data closely, but I hope you will agree with me when I say that conservatively one week's worth of such Voyages will yield you at least 2,000 Chronitons. I typically try to use these after a Voyage on lower cost missions (i.e., usually costing only 4 or 6, but a few cost 8) to farm Galaxy recipe equipment/components. Note from other sources, there are still well over 2,500 Chronitons available to me each week for any other purpose I may require (i.e., getting some item needed to equip a character). Maybe over the longer haul, the recent change to Voyages will eventually catch up to me, but thus far I have not noticed a meaningful difference in my ability to pre-farm and achieve whatever finish I desire (i.e., either top 2,000, or top 1,000 when I really want the new 1/5*), in every Galaxy event we have had.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

What I mean is to play the one and only faction event. With the crew slot crunch that all of us are facing, it's just not feasible to throw away an entire month's worth of chronitons and bring crew leveling to a total halt. If there were one galaxy event that nobody would have an issue with their schedule, but this is just too much.

Something has to give and what happens is that an enormous chunk of players will be unable to play at least half of these events, thereby ruining their gaming experience. That's very unfortunate in my opinion.

With the crew slot crunch we're in, I'm appreciating galaxy events even more. At least I can FF all my 4* characters. Faction events leave me with a 3/4.
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Grant77: I understand your point about each player needing to manage versus the number of crew slots they own. To me this means focusing crew levelling on FF'd characters, since they can be immortalized and stored in the Vault. Occasionally (such as with Prisoner Michael Burnham and Florist Q) we get new 2* and 3* crew, but most often for established players the new crew needing to be equipped (for the purpose of freeing up crew slots) are 4* characters earned from an event. If the event is a Galaxy type, then there is the possibility of getting 2 FF'd with a top 2,000 finish, and for a Faction event, you can get 1 FF'd by finishing in the top 1,500. Sorry, I am assuming here we are talking about players who are not spending money to acquire additional characters, as I understood your concern to be focused on what could be done without spending. Therefore the question becomes, how many Chronitons are needed per week to FE either 1 or 2 new 4* crew, assuming there will also be a judicious use of the Replicator (we'll assume just 1 time per day)? Your experience, or the experience of other players, may be different from mine, and I respect that, but for me I can say I am able to 'keep up' with equipping all of my FF'd crew, and still have plenty of Chronitons left over for pre-farming for the next Galaxy event.

@Pallidyne: Let's assume you were to run only non-Dilithium spending Voyages (i.e., for you I am guessing this means you can easily get each Voyage past the 6 hour mark, and perhaps your crew is even strong enough to frequently top 8 hours). In an 'average' week, running just these type of Voyages, how many Chronitons would you get? I have not tracked the data closely, but I hope you will agree with me when I say that conservatively one week's worth of such Voyages will yield you at least 2,000 Chronitons. I typically try to use these after a Voyage on lower cost missions (i.e., usually costing only 4 or 6, but a few cost 8) to farm Galaxy recipe equipment/components. Note from other sources, there are still well over 2,500 Chronitons available to me each week for any other purpose I may require (i.e., getting some item needed to equip a character). Maybe over the longer haul, the recent change to Voyages will eventually catch up to me, but thus far I have not noticed a meaningful difference in my ability to pre-farm and achieve whatever finish I desire (i.e., either top 2,000, or top 1,000 when I really want the new 1/5*), in every Galaxy event we have had.

So you're saying 2k chrons or under makes under 1000 in all Galaxies (last rerun should not count since it had a low turnout)
  • Options
    Paund SkummPaund Skumm ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pallidyne wrote: »

So you're saying 2k chrons or under makes under 1000 in all Galaxies (last rerun should not count since it had a low turnout)

Actually I’ve been going into galaxies with 2000-3000 Chron... supply kit on day one... then spending the rest of the Chron accumulated in the event (all sources) as it comes and it’s usually enough for top 1000 most times.
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pallidyne wrote: »

Actually I’ve been going into galaxies with 2000-3000 Chron... supply kit on day one... then spending the rest of the Chron accumulated in the event (all sources) as it comes and it’s usually enough for top 1000 most times.

So if it's back to back galaxies (as it looks like we sorta have with the hybrids) thats right in line with the earlier posts estimate of weekly voyage chrons.

So that doesn't leave that much for leveling and such.