mega event schedule

2»

Comments

• Options
    Paund SkummPaund Skumm ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pallidyne wrote: »
    Irial wrote: »
    @Grant77: I understand your point about each player needing to manage versus the number of crew slots they own. To me this means focusing crew levelling on FF'd characters, since they can be immortalized and stored in the Vault. Occasionally (such as with Prisoner Michael Burnham and Florist Q) we get new 2* and 3* crew, but most often for established players the new crew needing to be equipped (for the purpose of freeing up crew slots) are 4* characters earned from an event. If the event is a Galaxy type, then there is the possibility of getting 2 FF'd with a top 2,000 finish, and for a Faction event, you can get 1 FF'd by finishing in the top 1,500. Sorry, I am assuming here we are talking about players who are not spending money to acquire additional characters, as I understood your concern to be focused on what could be done without spending. Therefore the question becomes, how many Chronitons are needed per week to FE either 1 or 2 new 4* crew, assuming there will also be a judicious use of the Replicator (we'll assume just 1 time per day)? Your experience, or the experience of other players, may be different from mine, and I respect that, but for me I can say I am able to 'keep up' with equipping all of my FF'd crew, and still have plenty of Chronitons left over for pre-farming for the next Galaxy event.

@Pallidyne: Let's assume you were to run only non-Dilithium spending Voyages (i.e., for you I am guessing this means you can easily get each Voyage past the 6 hour mark, and perhaps your crew is even strong enough to frequently top 8 hours). In an 'average' week, running just these type of Voyages, how many Chronitons would you get? I have not tracked the data closely, but I hope you will agree with me when I say that conservatively one week's worth of such Voyages will yield you at least 2,000 Chronitons. I typically try to use these after a Voyage on lower cost missions (i.e., usually costing only 4 or 6, but a few cost 8) to farm Galaxy recipe equipment/components. Note from other sources, there are still well over 2,500 Chronitons available to me each week for any other purpose I may require (i.e., getting some item needed to equip a character). Maybe over the longer haul, the recent change to Voyages will eventually catch up to me, but thus far I have not noticed a meaningful difference in my ability to pre-farm and achieve whatever finish I desire (i.e., either top 2,000, or top 1,000 when I really want the new 1/5*), in every Galaxy event we have had.

So you're saying 2k chrons or under makes under 1000 in all Galaxies (last rerun should not count since it had a low turnout)

Actually I’ve been going into galaxies with 2000-3000 Chron... supply kit on day one... then spending the rest of the Chron accumulated in the event (all sources) as it comes and it’s usually enough for top 1000 most times.

So if it's back to back galaxies (as it looks like we sorta have with the hybrids) thats right in line with the earlier posts estimate of weekly voyage chrons.

So that doesn't leave that much for leveling and such.

You’re right about that... but I usually manage to FE both 4* from the event either during or immediately after although the 1/5* sometimes slips by... replicator over days for those last few items usually helps plus the threshold items
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    So if it's back to back galaxies (as it looks like we sorta have with the hybrids) thats right in line with the earlier posts estimate of weekly voyage chrons.

On the flip side, with only 1.5 faction events during the mega-event, coupled with the fact that all Discovery crew are secondary bonus crew, I don't think levelling throughout the galaxy events will be as important as it usually is. Obviously every bonus crew helps, but we're already starting with a fairly deep pool of 4* (at least) crew to draw from.

Having said that, levelling for the sole purpose of freezing crew to make room for new crew is a different point entirely, and quite valid.
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Grant77: I understand your point about each player needing to manage versus the number of crew slots they own. To me this means focusing crew levelling on FF'd characters, since they can be immortalized and stored in the Vault. Occasionally (such as with Prisoner Michael Burnham and Florist Q) we get new 2* and 3* crew, but most often for established players the new crew needing to be equipped (for the purpose of freeing up crew slots) are 4* characters earned from an event. If the event is a Galaxy type, then there is the possibility of getting 2 FF'd with a top 2,000 finish, and for a Faction event, you can get 1 FF'd by finishing in the top 1,500. Sorry, I am assuming here we are talking about players who are not spending money to acquire additional characters, as I understood your concern to be focused on what could be done without spending. Therefore the question becomes, how many Chronitons are needed per week to FE either 1 or 2 new 4* crew, assuming there will also be a judicious use of the Replicator (we'll assume just 1 time per day)? Your experience, or the experience of other players, may be different from mine, and I respect that, but for me I can say I am able to 'keep up' with equipping all of my FF'd crew, and still have plenty of Chronitons left over for pre-farming for the next Galaxy event.

@Pallidyne: Let's assume you were to run only non-Dilithium spending Voyages (i.e., for you I am guessing this means you can easily get each Voyage past the 6 hour mark, and perhaps your crew is even strong enough to frequently top 8 hours). In an 'average' week, running just these type of Voyages, how many Chronitons would you get? I have not tracked the data closely, but I hope you will agree with me when I say that conservatively one week's worth of such Voyages will yield you at least 2,000 Chronitons. I typically try to use these after a Voyage on lower cost missions (i.e., usually costing only 4 or 6, but a few cost 8) to farm Galaxy recipe equipment/components. Note from other sources, there are still well over 2,500 Chronitons available to me each week for any other purpose I may require (i.e., getting some item needed to equip a character). Maybe over the longer haul, the recent change to Voyages will eventually catch up to me, but thus far I have not noticed a meaningful difference in my ability to pre-farm and achieve whatever finish I desire (i.e., either top 2,000, or top 1,000 when I really want the new 1/5*), in every Galaxy event we have had.

So you're saying 2k chrons or under makes under 1000 in all Galaxies (last rerun should not count since it had a low turnout)

Actually I’ve been going into galaxies with 2000-3000 Chron... supply kit on day one... then spending the rest of the Chron accumulated in the event (all sources) as it comes and it’s usually enough for top 1000 most times.

You’re right about that... but I usually manage to FE both 4* from the event either during or immediately after although the 1/5* sometimes slips by... replicator over days for those last few items usually helps plus the threshold items

Can you quantify 'sometimes' in relation to a percentage?
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish we knew who would be featured in later episodes of the mega event. I want Scotty, but the others are of less interest. If I push hard for Scotty, I won't have enough for later weeks.
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish we knew who would be featured in later episodes of the mega event. I want Scotty, but the others are of less interest. If I push hard for Scotty, I won't have enough for later weeks.

They did that for the Klingon event and it was very informative.
  • Options
    Paund SkummPaund Skumm ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018

Can you quantify 'sometimes' in relation to a percentage?

I have 37 FE 5* versus 14 unlevelled (mostly 1/5) with only one of at level 30. Of course, not all of those are galaxy rewards and some are lucky portal pulls but when I start, I tend to finish.

The 4* FE is basically 100%. The 1/5* levelling is probably 50/50 for events depending on if I have other things to work on or next week’s event characters, etc. Almost always, 5* leveling occurs AFTER the event because I pick them up as ranked rewards. Lately I’ve been sliding as I decided to go immortalized all the 1.2.3* (done first two and more than halfway done 3*) on my in between event time.

With 3 “galaxy” events I may be slower on the levelling although I usually only start saving Chrons for hybrid galaxy AFTER the Faction part starts and I’ve FE the threshold so not as huge a Chron drain as full galaxy. I also have no more 4/4 and only about 2 3/3 left in my roster to work on so that should free up resources...

EDIT: I missed a couple of 1/5 Klingons who somehow got to level 20+ because of shuttle bonuses or something...
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Galaxy events are good now. You can get two 4/4, a 1/5, and a portal pull! Chronitons are not a problem cause we get them with voyages. Expeditions are not fun and are often glitchy. I would like a ship battle event.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    FutureImperfectaFutureImperfecta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Galaxy events are good now. You can get two 4/4, a 1/5, and a portal pull! Chronitons are not a problem cause we get them with voyages. Expeditions are not fun and are often glitchy. I would like a ship battle event.

Save for the last Expedition hybrid (of which it was truly brain fart screw ups that never seen have happened) I myself can't remember any other serious glitches happening in an Expedition. I know I'm likely mistaken, fond memory glasses and all, could you refresh me on the other past glitches in Expedition ?
  • Options
    Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭

I congratulate you on that accomplishment. You're obviously a perfect storm of amazing crew, great strategy, and a heavy time commitment.

Speaking for the average member of my fleet (top 30 finishes in faction events), we can't keep up. Participating in galaxy events means halting crew leveling for several days and creating a huge backlog of unfinished crew. Without purchasing chronitons or crew slots, that simply isn't sustainable for all but the absolutely exceptional players like yourself.

Faction events allow me to get new FF and 5* crew, level them during the event, get faction specific items, and usually level some old crew along the way. Those 3/4 crew are often finished off by voyages and free pulls. Faction events put me in a position to have them FE in that event.

Occasional galaxy events, say a maximum of once per month, would be sustainable. Your average player would get enough of a break to store up some chrons and level the new characters after the event.

Three galaxy events in a month are just too much for me. The vast majority players that don't spend a bunch will not be able to participate fully in this mega event. That's a shame in my opinion.

• Options
    JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Grant77 wrote: »
    Participating in galaxy events means halting crew leveling for several days and creating a huge backlog of unfinished crew.

And why is that such a big problem? This game is more like a marathon, not a level up your crew lightning fast speed run. Limited resources like credits which are also a problem for some put a stop to levelling anyway sometimes. Even if I don´t go hard on a Galaxy I often spend some weeks by building up resources, prefarming stuff for Galaxies etc. So that anytime I really want to level up a character I have anything ready for that. With no roadblocks in the way.

Granted, at the start of the game we all are short of everything. Because we need so many different crew members for many different game modes. But as soon as you are decently equipped with crew in all skills and for all modes I don´t see any rush in levelling.

More the opposite. As you know levelling a crew sometimes needs over 1000 items. So what is the bigger waste? Levelling up a crew which doesn´t improve your game and which maybe you will never use for anything senseful? Or investing less items to get a crew member which does in a Galaxy?

• Options
    Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭
    Participating in galaxy events means halting crew leveling for several days and creating a huge backlog of unfinished crew.

And why is that such a big problem? This game is more like a marathon, not a level up your crew lightning fast speed run. Limited resources like credits which are also a problem for some put a stop to levelling anyway sometimes. Even if I don´t go hard on a Galaxy I often spend some weeks by building up resources, prefarming stuff for Galaxies etc. So that anytime I really want to level up a character I have anything ready for that. With no roadblocks in the way.

Granted, at the start of the game we all are short of everything. Because we need so many different crew members for many different game modes. But as soon as you are decently equipped with crew in all skills and for all modes I don´t see any rush in levelling.

More the opposite. As you know levelling a crew sometimes needs over 1000 items. So what is the bigger waste? Levelling up a crew which doesn´t improve your game and which maybe you will never use for anything senseful? Or investing less items to get a crew member which does in a Galaxy?

It looks like the point went right over your head. If you're constantly flushing your chronitons down the toilet in galaxy events then you will never be able to level the crew necessary to succeed in other aspects of the game. The only alternatives are to skip the galaxy events or purchase chronitons.

Every 4* and 5* character is useful for someone like me that doesn't spend. Bonus crew with a variety of traits and skills are crucial to clearing nodes, succeeding in voyages, placing well in faction events, winning gauntlets, etc.
  • Options
    It looks like the point went right over your head. If you're constantly flushing your chronitons down the toilet in galaxy events then you will never be able to level the crew necessary to succeed in other aspects of the game. The only alternatives are to skip the galaxy events or purchase chronitons.

Every 4* and 5* character is useful for someone like me that doesn't spend. Bonus crew with a variety of traits and skills are crucial to clearing nodes, succeeding in voyages, placing well in faction events, winning gauntlets, etc.

Yeah, you base your points on your needs, on your state of the game. And make it universal. Also made it a point of clearing a backlog of unfinished crew. Not every crew member is worth levelling and, to use your words, flushing over 1000 items down the toilet. Patience and a strategy whom to level, how to build up resources etc. works miracles. Also I clearly said "as soon as you are decently equipped with crew in all skills and for all modes I don´t see any rush in levelling."

When you are not at that point yet I understand your reasoning. You just have to realize that many different people are at different points in the game. And so may have other priorities and needs than you have...

• Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, you base your points on your needs, on your state of the game. And make it universal. Also made it a point of clearing a backlog of unfinished crew. Not every crew member is worth levelling and, to use your words, flushing over 1000 items down the toilet. Patience and a strategy whom to level, how to build up resources etc. works miracles. Also I clearly said "as soon as you are decently equipped with crew in all skills and for all modes I don´t see any rush in levelling."

When you are not at that point yet I understand your reasoning. You just have to realize that many different people are at different points in the game. And so may have other priorities and needs than you have...

I think the pot just called the kettle collect.

Sorry but you're cool with things being the way because you're gameplay isn't affected aversely, but when others is, you then outline why they are doing it wrong.

There are many people on here that are collectors, or who have not been around long enough to keep up with the flood of incomplete 4s that they won't get a chance to fuse unless there's a rerun, since DB apparently doesn't use existing crew anymore. (Or they dedicate all honor to those 4s in the hopes they get enough to keep that up as well.). Or folks who don't get the chrons developed enough to do long voyages yet.

It's the too bad you better flush stuff, it'll come back around, etc etc, that aggravates them as well. And their aggravation should have just as much weight as your satisfaction.

• Options
    edited February 2018
    And their aggravation should have just as much weight as your satisfaction.

That for sure. Cause while we all play differently and are at different points of the game no opinion of anyone is worth more than the opinion of another. I also did not outline what anyone is doing wrong, but there are many different vieving angles, strategies, ways to play this game and points where we are in it. Completely normal. IDIC ;)

Since you usually smack DB over the head for everything they do without a middle ground not more I will say (to you).

P.S.: Sometimes you need to take a step back (in levelling up crew) to make a huge step forward - long term...

• Options
    Would have preferred all galaxy so i can rebuild my shuttle boost.

But glad this is partly a DSC megaevent so i can gather more DSC crew.

Ive only got 3 crew left on my roster that aren't lvl 100 (spider barclay, whale lady, and the clown) and 20 some slots free.

I also love the free 10x packs and being able to FF the thresholds in galaxy.
    Since voyages, i no longer dislike galaxy events. And have even played for top ranks in a couple. But it has to be a crew i actually want for me to go past thresholds ( or even past a few thousand if the purple isnt wanted either).

Shuttles are still my favorite, but only when i got the boost to play em lol.

So i am in the excited for this mega event camp for sure!
  • Options
    Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭

That's purely your opinion, but I have used all of my 4* and 5* crew in one aspect of the game or another. Event crew is essential for someone who doesn't spend on the game. Some are used as event bonus crew, some in gauntlet, some on shuttles, some in voyages.
  • Options
    That's purely your opinion, but I have used all of my 4* and 5* crew in one aspect of the game or another. Event crew is essential for someone who doesn't spend on the game. Some are used as event bonus crew, some in gauntlet, some on shuttles, some in voyages.

And that is purely your opinion. And that is not the point anyway. So let´s leave it at that. That is the wonderful thing about games like this. People are different, play different, enjoy games differently. While I respect and understand different takes, you take yours as the holy grail of everything....

• Options
    Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018

And that is purely your opinion. And that is not the point anyway. So let´s leave it at that. That is the wonderful thing about games like this. People are different, play different, enjoy games differently. While I respect and understand different takes, you take yours as the holy grail of everything....

I stated a fact, not an opinion. Did you even read it? I just have different goals than you, mainly doing well in events without spending. Yours is to level a specific subset of characters, among other things. I never said that my gameplay style was better.
  • Options
    I do like to fully fuse at least one new crew per event. Galaxy allows me to do that, sometimes two. I find the regular check-ins of faction quite frustrating and have difficulty reaching the top 1500 if I don't. There's nothing more infuriating than picking up 2 x 3/4s knowing they'll sit there forever not quite being useful and taking up precious room. By the time they'll be finished the stat creep will never make them useful.

Galaxies on the other hand provide instantly useful crew. You can retire older ones to make space, and yes it takes a lot of chronos but we do get plenty. So for a newer player galaxies are invaluable. For older players, factions are great because they have more crew space and plenty of existing crew to provide bonuses and make a top 1500 position almost a given.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/