Home The Bridge

Would you extend a Voyage more often if...? Round 1, FIGHT!

2»

Comments

• Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 Star Legendary Crew Possible (After maybe the 8-10 hour Dilemma)
    All of the above.

EXCEPT

Voyage specific crew. Yes, I'd like more, but I think they should be part of random cache drops not specific to dilemmas. Dilemma chasing isn't fun.

Agreed
  • Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    Premium Portal Pulls (10x Premium or Standard Pulls and Single Premium Pulls)
    I'm not holding my breath for 5* crew being available in voyages, and that's why I chose premium pulls. At least with premium pulls, we would have chance at a 5* crew.

I also think more chrons and faction only items would be great.
  • Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    Voyage Exclusive Crew Dropping More Than Once (The Clown, Lucien, etc.)
    Pallidyne wrote: »
    Back in December, I went ahead and spent the dilithium to extend to a 20 hour Voyage for the Achievement. I concluded that it simply wasn't worth it to me to do that anymore, because the frequency and value of what dropped did not scale up with the duration of the voyage or the cost of extending it.

So while all of the poll options are certainly enticing, none of them offset the real problem I have, which is that the drop rates for crew and items are not reliably more lucrative the longer a voyage runs. I don't necessarily need to be baited with a 5* crew. I'd be perfectly content if the drop rates for 4* crew from when Voyages went live were reinstated.

Its funny, the dilithium scales up but the rewards don't.

This is the problem with the voyage nerf in a nutshell. Disincentives aren't cool.
  • Not while dilithium is the only currency accepted. Doesn't matter what they do.
  • dext74dext74 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I voted for 5 star, but I'll be honest - I'd be content to extend Voyages more often if there was better consistency of getting certain level crew after X times. I've had multiple 8 hour Voyages that have a couple 2* characters as the best crew drops. Nothing about that encourages me to keep going any further.
    dext74 wrote: »
    I voted for 5 star, but I'll be honest - I'd be content to extend Voyages more often if there was better consistency of getting certain level crew after X times. I've had multiple 8 hour Voyages that have a couple 2* characters as the best crew drops. Nothing about that encourages me to keep going any further.

Totally agree. 2* crew is the last thing we need

• IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Premium Portal Pulls (10x Premium or Standard Pulls and Single Premium Pulls)
    All of the above.

EXCEPT

Voyage specific crew. Yes, I'd like more, but I think they should be part of random cache drops not specific to dilemmas. Dilemma chasing isn't fun.

Dilemma chasing is fine. There are 4 rare dilemma's that give 4 super-rare characters. That's an ok deal.

Its the you only get one copy part that's bull. I'd even settle for a random chance of getting 2+ covers.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Shuttle Boosts (10x Pulls or Single Premium Pulls)
    I wouldn't extend more for a 5* crew because if they added that, the chances would be so low that extending every voyage 20 hours would still mean you might only see one a year. While your fleet pal gets 3 at 8 hours 1 minute :smiley:

I'd say the chance of shuttle boosts, faction items, 5* equip, anything that is inconvenient in everyday play but that might actually happen would be a tempter to extending more. Also, it not refusing to give the dilemma after I have paid to extend it would really encourage me more too.
  • 5 Star Legendary Crew Possible (After maybe the 8-10 hour Dilemma)
    Like a lot of these ideas but have to agree with Ish on this one, just put them back to pre-nurf and I'll go back to spending dil on them. The voyage only crew are completely worthless to me, I don't need more 4* crew that aren't worth leveling. I have other means to get faction only items without dil. Portal packs would likely leave me with the usual garbage small amount of honor from crew I've airlocked several thousand times over. Legendary crew if drop rates were common enough to actually happen would be worth it.
  • I've only spent dil on voyages three times, and that was to save bugged missions. I later submitted a ticket and got that dil back and vowed never to spend again.

I suppose I missed out on a few months of some cheaper chrons and a better chance at purples, but if I'd given in to that, I'd have a "good reason" to spend dil regularly and probably gotten into the habit of spending more money.

Definitely DB's best attempt at encouraging spending via micro-transaction to date, but the value of those chrons and purples was only a good deal relative to other (ridiculous) transaction rates in the game.

So if I were going to spend, it'd be all the above (minus more Voyage exclusive crew) plus way more honor and credits, scale up to drop 3* and 4* equipment, and drop fewer trainers, especially on longer voyages.

I expect that should happen sometime between next Tuesday and never.
    I've only spent dil on voyages three times, and that was to save bugged missions. I later submitted a ticket and got that dil back and vowed never to spend again.

I suppose I missed out on a few months of some cheaper chrons and a better chance at purples, but if I'd given in to that, I'd have a "good reason" to spend dil regularly and probably gotten into the habit of spending more money.

Definitely DB's best attempt at encouraging spending via micro-transaction to date, but the value of those chrons and purples was only a good deal relative to other (ridiculous) transaction rates in the game.

So if I were going to spend, it'd be all the above (minus more Voyage exclusive crew) plus way more honor and credits, scale up to drop 3* and 4* equipment, and drop fewer trainers, especially on longer voyages.

I do believe doing a 20 hour voyage for the 15000 honor is worth it

• Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    At this point, nothing. I have absolute confidence that this is the best voyages will ever be.
    Just like they used to be better, I think there's a million times higher chance that any time in the future I will think these voyages were better than after the next time they change them.

That's just how DB rolls. There is simply no spirit of generosity or service at the company. Companies exist to make a profit, and should, but this company gives the feeling that they see us as a resource to be exploited, here to serve them. Not a company that's here to give you a service or something of value and be rewarded for it.
  • I've only spent dil on voyages three times, and that was to save bugged missions. I later submitted a ticket and got that dil back and vowed never to spend again.

I've twice hit 8 hours without spending since the achievement went up, and I've thought about it both times. It's a lot of honor relative to current in-game economy, but in terms of the long term game goals, it's a paltry drop in the bucket.

15K honor is only a third of a 5* behold, less of a 5* citation. Is that really worth approximately $13 worth of dil when I need honor in the millions?

I realize denying DB $13 doesn't mean a whole hell of a lot to their bottom line, nor does one less person refusing to hit a metric because it's there make a statistical difference. For now, the principle of refusing to give in is worth more to me. And that's a satisfaction that can't be bought.
    I've only spent dil on voyages three times, and that was to save bugged missions. I later submitted a ticket and got that dil back and vowed never to spend again.

I've twice hit 8 hours without spending since the achievement went up, and I've thought about it both times. It's a lot of honor relative to current in-game economy, but in terms of the long term game goals, it's a paltry drop in the bucket.

15K honor is only a third of a 5* behold, less of a 5* citation. Is that really worth approximately $13 worth of dil when I need honor in the millions?

I realize denying DB $13 doesn't mean a whole hell of a lot to their bottom line, nor does one less person refusing to hit a metric because it's there make a statistical difference. For now, the principle of refusing to give in is worth more to me. And that's a satisfaction that can't be bought.

Part of why I say that is because I get that much dilithium just from purchases so it’s reall no extra cost to me

Part of why I say that is because I get that much dilithium just from purchases so it’s reall no extra cost to me

Well, for perspective...

Maybe if you add up all the dil I've bought or earned from achievements over nearly two years, it might add up to ~19,000. But I've never had anywhere near that much at one time. And at present, achievements are my only source of dil for the foreseeable future.

I mean no disrespect to you, but we value the game in very different terms.

Well, for perspective...

Maybe if you add up all the dil I've bought or earned from achievements over nearly two years, it might add up to ~19,000. But I've never had anywhere near that much at one time. And at present, achievements are my only source of dil for the foreseeable future.

I certainly did not take any disrespect and did not want you to take any either. True that we do see the game in different ways. Cool part of a forum is to present those two ways, as well as others, and see what works best for the individual

Well, for perspective...

I certainly did not take any disrespect and did not want you to take any either. True that we do see the game in different ways. Cool part of a forum is to present those two ways, as well as others, and see what works best for the individual

Some people can get a little touchy when spending habits are invoked. I'd rather play it safe than inadvertently start a flame war. We good. :)
  • [BL] Q [BL] Q ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chroniton Increase (beyond the 15 max reward up to maybe 20 or 25)

Well, for perspective...

Some people can get a little touchy when spending habits are invoked. I'd rather play it safe than inadvertently start a flame war. We good. :)

I will give 19,000 Dilithium to the winner of this Flame War
    [BL] Q wrote: »

Well, for perspective...

I guess that would make my bet a double or nothing.m27yoju5oqy3.png

• [BL] Q wrote: »

Well, for perspective...

Quippiest quip wins, right?

I think you just trounced us both. :joy:
  • You forgot an option: I will never extend a Voyage.
  • Faction Only Items (Holoprograms, Bloodwine, Science Experiments, etc.)
    I was torn between a few of the answers; wanted to also select voyage-only crew dropping more than once, legendary crew dropping after 8h (depending on drop rate), chrons, but faction-only items won out since in the aggregate they have the most use.
  • 5 Star Legendary Crew Possible (After maybe the 8-10 hour Dilemma)
    5* crew, definitely. 10X premium portal pull, probably. This is the 1st month that I haven't bought a monthly card yet, so dilithium is going to run out at some point, then I won't be extending until I decide it's worth it to re-up the monthly card (it might be a while)
    Drunken Dahar Masters is recruiting active players.
    PM for details.

So long and thanks for all the fish.