Home The Bridge

Would you extend a Voyage more often if...? Round 1, FIGHT!

The Great GornholioThe Great Gornholio ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2018 in The Bridge
With the Voyage Nerf I still extend on occasion, but nowhere near as much as I used to. Voyages have also become a bit stale and they feel a lot less special than they did when they first came out. If they tweaked/updated/upgraded Voyages again, would any of the following make you extend voyages more often?

Would you extend a Voyage more often if...? Round 1, FIGHT! 120 votes

5 Star Legendary Crew Possible (After maybe the 8-10 hour Dilemma)
48%
uss_bonaventureAviTrek[KM] UL1R53[KM]Videm[ISA] RavenCaptainUnderpants[SSR] The Iron CowData1001Bardez[TFA] Commodore Wizzlestixscruffy151[QH] Oxmyx[DB-DO BETTER] [7TW] Captain plim123Grant77Grumpfer[DB - Do Better]   ProwlerCapt AjammStygiandext74nomadish 58 votes
Chroniton Increase (beyond the 15 max reward up to maybe 20 or 25)
12%
Captain TFDane 'Glynn FuryDpmtPallidyneAuntieALarxene[BL] Q [SFW] Quick Claude(10F)GeekgirlJean-Luc KenobiShockerrobownageS14 Bri Dirk Gunderson<TGE> Clifford 15 votes
Faction Only Items (Holoprograms, Bloodwine, Science Experiments, etc.)
11%
For Cardassia[GoT] jess-gayXoiikueXo | Cadet Matt·§ë· For the ManyPhotonKimShran WrapDrone_oneK Han Solo Ng & Thank4 All DteaCFOHSilverknightMr. LincolnGhostStalker[DC] Picard Loves RedsCSR _Waylander 14 votes
Random Equippable Gear (up to 5* Equipment like in the Gauntlet)
2%
DharkusakloboSiegfried 3 votes
More Voyage Exclusive Crew (Maybe even a Legendary)
0%
Vice Admiral Starfish 1 vote
Voyage Exclusive Crew Dropping More Than Once (The Clown, Lucien, etc.)
9%
WaldoMagRocpileCapt. Chaos[PAaA] Peanut3141[KM] Phelan[STFL] TheHell2Earthcaptain_yarASM RugbyNeackDavideBooks[OPA] Col. Fred L. Johnson 11 votes
Possibility of Limited Crew Dropping (like in Elusive Treasures)
3%
[RotP]Ran AirenkobaGib - Admiral Marinersarjuna 4 votes
Shuttle Boosts (10x Pulls or Single Premium Pulls)
0%
Rabb 1 vote
Premium Portal Pulls (10x Premium or Standard Pulls and Single Premium Pulls)
10%
Sabine of AthensLalandra[TUFG] SiguardNad HalIvanstoneAntar3sTP do better!! ~Colli~ (PoF)[7TW] Attack EyebrowsZetterbeard NagilumwasrightBobLoblawS31Just Read the Instructions 13 votes
Starbase Components (Holoemmiters!)
0%

Comments

• GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to pick like 4 or 5 of your answers!
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I learned anything from school, it's that all of the above is always the correct answer
  • The Great GornholioThe Great Gornholio ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018

Maybe I can do a series of these, and remove the bottom two from the poll each time to truly narrow down a Champion! :)
  • For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where's the all of the above option? :P
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • The Great GornholioThe Great Gornholio ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Hahahaha yeah, but I think the "all of the above" answer would probably just be 100% :) I think I will go with an elimination round style on this one after all :)
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe I can do a series of these, and remove the bottom two from the poll each time to truly narrow down a Champion! :)

Can't you create a multiple choice poll?
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any of the above except for more voyage-specific crew. I used to regularly extend voyages to 12 or 14 hours but I now try to recall after 6 hours, before I run out of AM. I voted for chrons because that was the best part of voyages before they were nerfed.
  • 5 Star Legendary Crew Possible (After maybe the 8-10 hour Dilemma)
    Any of the above except for more voyage-specific crew. I used to regularly extend voyages to 12 or 14 hours but I now try to recall after 6 hours, before I run out of AM. I voted for chrons because that was the best part of voyages before they were nerfed.

I looked and didn't see an option for multiple (without manually making multiple choice options). Anyone know if it can be done?
    This is the one i need most but almost all the choices would make it more likely because now i never extend.
    ~ seeking out new life
    All options, Except for more Voyage Exclusive Crew and Star base parts.

All others, especially (in order) 5*'s , premium 10s & Shuttle boosts.

(Also, non listed idea > even merit drops would make me more open to extending)

You want my girdle on the ground you gotta pony up ya whipper snappers !

Lol im a near 40 yo male, but that phrase just makes me giggle.
    All options, Except for more Voyage Exclusive Crew and Star base parts.

All others, especially (in order) 5*'s , premium 10s & Shuttle boosts.

(Also, non listed idea > even merit drops would make me more open to extending)

You want my girdle on the ground you gotta pony up ya whipper snappers !

Lol im a near 40 yo male, but that phrase just makes me giggle.

I didn't even think about Merits! That really would help a lot!
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Premium Portal Pulls (10x Premium or Standard Pulls and Single Premium Pulls)
    My primary motivation for extending voyages is more 4*'s and honour, so premium pulls are the ideal choice for me. I just extended a crap voyage (failed at 7 hrs, ENG/MED) because it had already gotten me 750 honour (5x 3*'s dropped).
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only reason I didn’t say Rare elusive treasure type crew is because it would be SSSOOO rare that I would be constantly disappointed. Legendaries would be GREAT! Even after say the 20 hour mark
    Only reason I didn’t say Rare elusive treasure type crew is because it would be SSSOOO rare that I would be constantly disappointed. Legendaries would be GREAT! Even after say the 20 hour mark

I agree with that! If voyages started dropping Legendaries I can assure you I would spend more to extend, and I bet a LOT of other people would too
  • I would extend the length of voyages if the price for doing so wasn't tied to a currency that is purchase only.

Not exactly the question that was asked, but hey, I'm not the typical player either, haha.
    Task Force Pike: We are recruiting!

Task Force Pike/Garrett's Giants, Founder

Task Force April, Fleet Founder Emeritus

Newfie Central, Squad Founder, In Memoriam
  • Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another thing that could get me to extend voyages would be in the cost didn't escalate. The first refill is around 100 dilithium. If each refill remained 100 dilithium, I would spend more, not less, on voyages. 100 dilithium at a time seems small enough where you wouldn't think about it too much. Once it starts costing 200+ for a refill you really have to think about whether or not it's worth it. Once it hits 500, the sticker shock is glaring.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another thing that could get me to extend voyages would be in the cost didn't escalate. The first refill is around 100 dilithium. If each refill remained 100 dilithium, I would spend more, not less, on voyages. 100 dilithium at a time seems small enough where you wouldn't think about it too much. Once it starts costing 200+ for a refill you really have to think about whether or not it's worth it. Once it hits 500, the sticker shock is glaring.

Or at least level off. The first extension pays off because it lets you keep earning the 6+ hour rewards and not have to lose 6 hours getting to that point again. But then the rewards plateau while the costs escalate, so pretty soon you're spending a lot more for no better rewards than the last extension.
  • Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Although faction items and holoemitters will also entice me
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good topic! Lots of potential for lively debate!
  • [DC] Picard Loves Reds[DC] Picard Loves Reds ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    I went with faction only equipment as I am not willing to extend more than 1 or 2 times. Even if the voyage only crew dropped more than once, I'm not sure that they are worth chasing based on the difficulty of getting them based on other threads that I have read.
  • Back in December, I went ahead and spent the dilithium to extend to a 20 hour Voyage for the Achievement. I concluded that it simply wasn't worth it to me to do that anymore, because the frequency and value of what dropped did not scale up with the duration of the voyage or the cost of extending it.

So while all of the poll options are certainly enticing, none of them offset the real problem I have, which is that the drop rates for crew and items are not reliably more lucrative the longer a voyage runs. I don't necessarily need to be baited with a 5* crew. I'd be perfectly content if the drop rates for 4* crew from when Voyages went live were reinstated.

I would never run 20 hours again. 8 or 10, maybe even 12 but not 20. I went 10 or 12 hours before with nothing to show but 2* crew. DB's RNG is stacked for the house.
  • FutureImperfectaFutureImperfecta ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018

I would never run 20 hours again. 8 or 10, maybe even 12 but not 20. I went 10 or 12 hours before with nothing to show but 2* crew. DB's RNG is stacked for the house.

Agreed, 8 to 12..
    I'll never do a 20 under the nerf.
    Don't care about the achievement.
    Your have to make the rewards for that 2 or 3 legendary Beholds or citations for me to do a 20.
    (Unless 5*s stated dropping at 10 hours)
  • Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    All of the Above.

More voyage crew if, and only if, they can drop multiple times. A 5* legendary is useless to me if it needs 200,000 honour to immortalise.

With faction items they could have faction choice dilemmas. e.g. fire on the Vulcans to save the Klingons, or fire on the Klingons to save the Vulcans. It would reward honour, chrons, a couple of faction items and a crew member from one of the factions. The crew member could be from the faction you helped, or from the defeated faction, who you beamed aboard.

You have three ship crew arguing over an abandoned freighter, give the cargo rights to either the Federation, Romulans or Terran Empire. Get a faction specific reward. If you chose Federation you may get Jazz Musician.
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Back in December, I went ahead and spent the dilithium to extend to a 20 hour Voyage for the Achievement. I concluded that it simply wasn't worth it to me to do that anymore, because the frequency and value of what dropped did not scale up with the duration of the voyage or the cost of extending it.

So while all of the poll options are certainly enticing, none of them offset the real problem I have, which is that the drop rates for crew and items are not reliably more lucrative the longer a voyage runs. I don't necessarily need to be baited with a 5* crew. I'd be perfectly content if the drop rates for 4* crew from when Voyages went live were reinstated.

Its funny, the dilithium scales up but the rewards don't.
  • Also worth adding is that I think given that Voyage-exclusive crew seem to be becoming a thing and they're tied to specific dilemma pathways, it's high time to revisit the algorithm that generates dilemmas. It's bad enough that the reward drops are so unreliable, but getting Part 1 of Path A then Part 1 of Path B and then Part 1 of Path C in a 6:00 Voyage doesn't entice me to extend anything. In fact, it makes me want to cancel early so I can start all over and hope to get Part 2 of something instead of three Part 1's.
  • All of the above.

EXCEPT

Voyage specific crew. Yes, I'd like more, but I think they should be part of random cache drops not specific to dilemmas. Dilemma chasing isn't fun.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/