Home Ready Room
Options

FE 1/5 Cards just gathering dust in my inventory

GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2018 in Ready Room
I know this is an old problem for many, but with the increasing power creep it's burying these people deeper and deeper in my pile.

All of these cards are 1/5 and fully-equipped.

These, I don't think I've ever used:
23rd Century Martok (Won in his event, don't judge!) ** Just saw a wall of this guy in gauntlet on my alt account.
the account that doesn't have him!**
The Professor (Really like him, but he's not a strong card.)

POSSIBLY Semi-Useful:
Frank Hollander (Because of Android trait and he's Data)
Captain Morgan Bateson (Voyages)
Bashir, Julian Bashir (Possibly Voyage useful but haven't yet)

Sadly just outclassed and left in the dust:
Enterprise-E Picard (I realize occasionally he might be Gauntlet worthy)
1701 Sisko

Granted, if I were to ever fully-fuse these cards, I would have contenders! But what are the chances of that, barring honor. Which, no. Got plenty of strong newer Legendaries that would come first in line.

I guess my real issue is that eventually I'll need crew slots, but I still operate under the "never scrap a Legendary" rule. Ugh.

Comments

• Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    I know the problem. I have 7 gold cards. I've taken the advice of someone here about a month and a half ago and focus on no more than six cards at a time. Usually I have a few event related foci, a couple for improved voyage or gauntlet, and a cheap one to level for achievement.

I'm going for 5* Scotty for engineering. He'll be next to level.

934ozmzoml3m.jpg
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I keep them because it seems crew drops in beholds are streaky. It took me over a year to get Nechayev then I had her immortalized within two months. She kept dropping for me. I would kick myself if I dumped one of my legendaries with one star then 2 or 3 more dropped
  • Options
    For the record, DavideBrooks, my Klingon Bride Jadzia is very useful in Gauntlet and the occasional voyage. Plus she's gorgeous and I love her.

Will Scarlett Worf is decent too.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want them leveled, but my priority is for engineering, which means I must win Scotty. Then Jadzia the Fair.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m in a similar boat but can say you might be surprised at what drops for you. My 2/5* AoS Crusher somehow became a 4/5* and I used my Picardgate honor package to FF her...I don’t even remember how the third and fourth stars showed up.

Besides, I’ve found that my 1/5* legendaries still get some use in voyages even when I don’t use them in the gauntlet or on shuttle missions. Captain La Forge, Wrathful Khan, Captain Pike, Orion Vina, Rogue Kai Winn...rarely or never do I use them anywhere else but they do occasionally end up on a voyage so I don’t have to burn an FF’d crew member that would be better used on shuttle missions.
  • Options
    Oh I should clarify, those aren't my only 1/5 characters. Small handful, actually. They're just the ones I can't seem to find a use for.
  • Options
    I know this is an old problem for many, but with the increasing power creep it's burying these people deeper and deeper in my pile.

All of these cards are 1/5 and fully-equipped.

These, I don't think I've ever used:
    23rd Century Martok (Won in his event, don't judge!) ** Just saw a wall of this guy in gauntlet on my alt account.
    the account that doesn't have him!**
    The Professor (Really like him, but he's not a strong card.)

POSSIBLY Semi-Useful:
    Frank Hollander (Because of Android trait and he's Data)
    Captain Morgan Bateson (Voyages)
    Bashir, Julian Bashir (Possibly Voyage useful but haven't yet)

Sadly just outclassed and left in the dust:
    Enterprise-E Picard (I realize occasionally he might be Gauntlet worthy)
    1701 Sisko

Granted, if I were to ever fully-fuse these cards, I would have contenders! But what are the chances of that, barring honor. Which, no. Got plenty of strong newer Legendaries that would come first in line.

I guess my real issue is that eventually I'll need crew slots, but I still operate under the "never scrap a Legendary" rule. Ugh.

If at all possible, keep them until you can fuse them and stack ‘em in the fridge. Barring that, concerning the ones you’ve listed here I’d scrap Captain Bateson first and foremost. Once he’s fully fused and leveled he’s really handy and great for Voyages but stays mediocre to low for the gauntlet and compared to other similar crew you have, 1701 Sisko and E Picard, he has far fewer traits. Plus those two, Sisko and Picard, have a ton of traits that are often useful. If I recall correctly, Bateson only has 4 total. The second suggestion I’d make is Bashir. I try never to airlock ANY legendary Medical crew though and you might want to stick to that mantra as well, but Bashir isn’t that great though he is really cool. The rest are too useful to get rid of, even at 1/5, yes, even Goonies Martok. Just my opinion.
    Weirdly enough, I’m also Vulcan Housewife. Also, RNGesus hates me, like really, REALLY hates me.
  • Options
    Most legendaries are useful, eventually (pouring out my drink for Captain Scott the exception).

The professor is actually pretty good for voyages, with two uncommon skills and diplomacy.

Do you have super rares/rares that you could cut instead? One-off (non-recurring characters) super-rares that don't have great stats can be targeted for airlocking; with rares male/humans are usually airlock-worthy as well.

• Options
    Most of my 5's are still just 1/5, so my roster isn't deep enough I've run into this problem to the extent as the OP and a lot of other players. Still, I have been tracking my use of my crew for the last couple months. In that time, there are two 1/5's I haven't recorded using at all:

Changeling Founder
    Enterprise-E Picard

In fairness to Picard, he's a much more recent pick-up and has only been FE for about a week or so. Still, his stats being what they are, it's unlikely he'll see any use anytime soon.
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah its a shame, I have 38 1/5* Legendaries, the majority who are no good for the Gauntlet I haven't bothered leveling, they are just gathering dust waiting for either more stars, or for DB to make it worth air-locking them.

At the moment, they can clog up my roster, prevent me from spending money on packs, and generally being useless.

Jim
    DB: Do Better
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most legendaries are useful, eventually (pouring out my drink for Captain Scott the exception).

The professor is actually pretty good for voyages, with two uncommon skills and diplomacy.

Do you have super rares/rares that you could cut instead? One-off (non-recurring characters) super-rares that don't have great stats can be targeted for airlocking; with rares male/humans are usually airlock-worthy as well.

Captain Scott is useful for me in the arena...but that is about it, since Mirror Geordi was released.