Home The Bridge

Steam Inventory Card Drops

Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2018 in The Bridge
So I was just made aware of this. I dunno how well known it is, but given that I've been playing since Timelines was added to Steam and was oblivious, I figure other players may also be unaware.

8kg6cv1j761w.jpg

I clicked on "How do I earn card drops?" and got this:

mb7975y1y2b9.jpg

There are apparently fifteen cards that we can earn. I don't understand their order, or really anything about this, but here it is:

oybaq6xfpjrv.jpg
99fzkr64n0b6.jpg
ces13jp0i9op.jpg

Comments

• NeemsNeems ✭✭✭
    Cards are a built in Steam collectible system (for most games) that tends to give you a small set of free-cards and then asks you to buy them from other players (usually just for a handful of pennies, but Steam takes a cut of that as well). Once completed you can display them on your profile as little badges. Kind of a "Hey, you love this game, yeah? Spend a few more dollars to prove it to anyone who clicks on your name."
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hence why my Dota 2 badge on Steam is maxed lol
  • The one thing that has always been a head-scratcher for me is the fact that DB does not make physical versions of their crew cards to purchase. I would pay for packs to have a binder full of them!
    There are three ways to do something; the right way, the wrong way, and the Janeway.

DB: Do Better.

Member of Starship Trista
  • [BL] Q [BL] Q ✭✭✭✭✭
    The one thing that has always been a head-scratcher for me is the fact that DB does not make physical versions of their crew cards to purchase. I would pay for packs to have a binder full of them!

I'd rather buy copies of crew I've Immortalised so far than flush money down the toilet buying "special offers" so I'm also scratching my head must be space lice or something
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, those Steam cards were confusing the heck out of me at first. I'd fire up STT on Steam and get a popup saying "You have new items in your inventory." Okay, whatever that means. Took about 10 minutes of Googling to figure out that they are pretty much without any value whatsoever.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Dang, just got excited cause I thought this was a way for me to finally get Emotion Chip Data and now back to reality aka hoping for a lucky pull against all odds.
  • I've been selling all mine to the rest of ya saps! Thanks for the Steam wallet $, so I can buy event packs on the cheap. ;D
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Data1001 wrote: »
    Yeah, those Steam cards were confusing the heck out of me at first. I'd fire up STT on Steam and get a popup saying "You have new items in your inventory." Okay, whatever that means. Took about 10 minutes of Googling to figure out that they are pretty much without any value whatsoever.

It has the same value as collecting anything inside the Star Trek Timelines game. Badges you complete give you Steam experience and give you Steam items and badges to feature on your profile. No different
  • [DC]Hetoxy wrote: »
    I've been selling all mine to the rest of ya saps! Thanks for the Steam wallet $, so I can buy event packs on the cheap. ;D

Are you getting actual steam $$ ?

~ seeking out new life
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yateball wrote: »
    Data1001 wrote: »

It has the same value as collecting anything inside the Star Trek Timelines game. Badges you complete give you Steam experience and give you Steam items and badges to feature on your profile. No different

Uh, there's one massive difference: you can't use the Steam cards for anything. Characters you collect within STT have utility, Steam cards do not.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Capt Ajamm wrote: »
    [DC]Hetoxy wrote: »
    I've been selling all mine to the rest of ya saps! Thanks for the Steam wallet $, so I can buy event packs on the cheap. ;D

Are you getting actual steam $$ ?

Yes
  • Badge maxes out at lvl 5 with diplomacy as the icon, I'd rather it be command tbh :neutral:
  • LjofaLjofa ✭✭✭
    When you craft steam badges, you get a certain amount of xp to level up your profile. The higher your profile level, the more friends you can have. You can also get xp from participating in sale events, linking steam account to Facebook etc.