Home The Bridge

Two event crew with ENG and....

Those two are Cadet Tilly and Graduation Burnham. Basically the rest of the event crew is CMD/Sec/Dip heavy with some SCI.

I wrote down 16 of the 18 event missions to decide my plan. 10 of these have ENG traits. If the current 1/6 rule is in place for second skill, I suppose that's okay for a deep roster, and you can ignore the ENG part. But the newer players in my fleet don't have a deep roster.

Maybe we will get less ENG during the hybrid next week?

Comments

• IkritIkrit ✭✭✭
    They've done this in the past. Part of the problem is that they don't always match up the event story with the event crew. So you might have an Eng-focused event with a Med event crew. Where it also pops up is when they have an variant of a common character that has unusual skills, like Mirror Bashir with Eng and Hippocrates Noah (Sisko) with Sci and Med. If the event matches up with the event character, it may not match up with the variants (like with Bashir, there may be fewer Med slots).

How many of those Eng slots are OR or AND? I would count those separately, because you can always use someone else in those slots.
  • Don't forget Tactical Michael Burnham. I'm using her on a SEC and ENG node.
  • Also, Event 5* is a SCI+SEC dual quad, and there are *counts* ZERO SCI+SEC slots.
    Thelin is a SCI+CMD, and guess how many SCI+CMD there are? you guessed it, zero.
    Add to that, Katrina as a MED with DIP secondary, and 2 missions total (therefore, zero in Terran faction) with MED+DIP.

DB, if you're going to limit our shuttle options, the least you could do is make sure the slots you DO put out fit the event crew. you've made a mockery of this event, people who've bought the 100 dollar offer to compete in this event aren't getting good use out of the crew, and if i had decided to splurge on this event, i'd certainly be thinking twice about doing so, or even competing hard, or even spending any money in your game, in the future.

Hell, I elected not to spend in the event primarily because of your number of shuttles per faction snafu, and i'm still annoyed. The series of missteps are making me seriously think twice about further investments in the game, and this includes even the monthly card.
  • edited February 2018
    I noticed this weeks ago, a bit annoying i think...figures that we asked for more good eng crew...still waiting...
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    My new Kilt Scotty is serving well, as is Pimp-daddy Geordi, Fun Sponge, and Monochrome Kim.
  • I'm co-signing what I think is a petition and a petition within that petition. The petition is to have a better balanced ratio of crew slot skill requirements to bonus crew with said skills. The petition within that petition is to release more Disco crew with ENG skills. I am in favor of both of these things.
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't forget Tactical Michael Burnham. I'm using her on a SEC and ENG node.
    Ooops I forgot about her, shes still in the freezer.

Jim

DB: Do Better
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    This is probably another good case to put forward that Stamets should have ENG skill.

I am also finding my Immortal Mirror Geordi and Buster Kincaid aren't making that much of a dent on the success % at 3500vp
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    THIS JUST IN:
    You don't need to fill every slot with event crew to have successful shuttles.

But, seriously, it wasn't until relatively recently that you could, at times, fill an entire set of four shuttles with 2x crew (without copious duplicates). The event crews have exploded in recent events. It's actually a little on the ridiculous at times.
  • i forgot i HAD tactical burnham! Heading to the freezer now!
  • THIS JUST IN:

But, seriously, it wasn't until relatively recently that you could, at times, fill an entire set of four shuttles with 2x crew (without copious duplicates). The event crews have exploded in recent events. It's actually a little on the ridiculous at times.

I thought this as well when reading the OP. Used to be one was lucky to have 2 or 3 crew that provided a bonus. Alas, times have changed.

In many ways, it has devalued my stable of non-event 5/5 characters - as 3/4 and 4/4 event crew often provide equal or better bonuses. As such, they just get relegated to voyages during events. Makes me rethink chasing legendary characters that are unlikely to show up in events.
    Proud member of eXodus
    Join the eXo|plosion today!
  • AmphistaffAmphistaff ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ikrit wrote: »
    How many of those Eng slots are OR or AND? I would count those separately, because you can always use someone else in those slots.

Sadly almost all of them are AND slots. One of the 3 seat Maquis shuttles is ENG/CMD, ENG/DIP, and SCI/ENG.
  • RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amphistaff wrote: »
    Ikrit wrote: »

Sadly almost all of them are AND slots. One of the 3 seat Maquis shuttles is ENG/CMD, ENG/DIP, and SCI/ENG.

2 Burnhams (Tactical & Graduation) and a McGivers will do well with an ENG boost in that shuttle.

For me the worst is the Terran shuttle for Methods & Madness ... ENG&SEC / MED&SCI / DIP&CMD ... no synergies for a nice boost.

But hey ... I'm of the like who don't mind the abundance of ENG seats and lack of ENG event crew ... I'm just opening a lot more shuttles than I usually do so I can find a good fit for the crew I've got and am glad that I've at least got a bunch of event crew (normally not the case for Faction events in the past).
  • THIS JUST IN:

Oh, for sure, and that's why this hasn't been a genuine issue for me personally. I do, however, still agree that for events that aren't swimming in bonus crew that a little more attention being paid to balancing required skills and bonus crew skills (or traits in the case of Galaxy, and both in the case of Expedi--oh, who am I kidding? They're never coming back.).

Also, my petition within the petition for more Disco ENG stands regardless of events. Might go to start a formal petition for that on change.org.
  • I would have less issue with the issues if we could reliably trust the shuttle percents, which I don't think anybody does. The displayed percent tells me that the 2x bonus crew will give me a better success then a non bonus crew that better fits the slots. Is this accurate? Maybe. Sure doesn't seem so. But is the 90% displayed really a 85%?, an 80%?, a 70%?, lower?

At this point I'm not sure what to bet on but the number of failures at 90% seems to suggest that I should be placing my bet on the non-bonus crew instead.
    Member of Rise of the Phoenix.