Home The Bridge

Do you like having ample 3 crew shuttle missions for faction events?

Commander MorakCommander Morak ✭✭✭
edited February 2018 in The Bridge

Do you like having ample 3 crew shuttle missions for faction events? 64 votes

It's awesome!
67%
Warrior Willo[RotP]Ran Airen/SSR/ Captain S'logSabine of AthensCanAus ToddDpmtProsserData1001Zombie Squirrel Captain Sisko [AA]Jhamel[TFA] Celeres[TFA] Commodore WizzlestixJim Raynor[DB-DO BETTER] [7TW] Captain plim123Althea BiermontGrant77[PAaA] Peanut3141[STJ] WendellPallidyne 43 votes
It's ok.
10%
 William T. RikerAggebowdyOdo MarmarosaNivenFresNemetonveX 7 votes
Meh. Whatever.
12%
DralixizausomePeachtree Rex[10F] Captain LeryshHungry Dog DDMTP do better!! ~Colli~ (PoF)Gib - Admiral MarinersDirk Gunderson 8 votes
Good and Bad mix.
9%
[NDQ] Joker41NAMTravis S McClainMirrorMartiganCommander MorakThurthoradMbannar 6 votes
Horrible decision.
0%

Comments

• Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meh. Whatever.
    I'm a fan of them mixing it up. I would hate if they had the same mission organization every event. Part of the fun in an event is figuring out how best to slot your crew.

For this event, I'm running augment missions and using three 3-slot missions and the 4-slot. I'm intentionally skipping "It Takes One" because it has two ENG primary slots so my pass rates are better on Burying the Hatchet.
  • Good and Bad mix.
    I remember a time when I had 35 slots and two shuttles, and even sending out two 3-crew shuttles meant giving up almost 1/6 of my crew--and almost always my top crew, at that--which in turn meant I could accomplish very little with missions until they returned. Then the crunch was on to use them quickly so I could turn around and get them back out on more shuttles as quickly as possible.

I'm glad today's F2P players have more crew slots, Warp 1, and the opportunity to acquire dilithium for achievements. I'm sure those things all help quite a lot. I'm also sure those 3-crew shuttles are still as much a relief now as they were for me then, and I hope they remain plentiful enough to give those players some much needed wiggle room.
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meh. Whatever.
    The mission composition has little impact on my event performance. I run all missions I'm given, but I take advantage of the 12 hour window to defer a mission until the next round to get a better mix.

For this event, running only the best missions would bump my lowest success chance from about 88 to 91. Past events haven't been as favorable, but if a higher overall success chance means I finish say top 350 instead of top 500, the net result is effectively the same.
  • It's awesome!
    considering RNG is horrible, having the lower crew count helps a lot, having higher 90% chance makes me feel better than 85% because those always fail, about 50% of the time (yes the math doesn't work but DB doesn't mind)
  • JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's awesome!
    It's meowsome, because you can almeowst only use event special bonus crew on all the shuttles and keep the voyages running on "Alfa" crew. :)
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • MbannarMbannar ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Good and Bad mix.

Good and bad mix, not sure how you guys showed vote

I really like the more 3 slots but with rng still messing up so much on the 95%shuttles, im still failing on average 2/4 so not really a big help
  • IrialIrial ✭✭✭✭
    I am liking the change to having only 6 different missions for a Faction instead of the previous 10 - makes it easier/quicker to find the same specific missions I want to run every 3 hours, as I have to open far fewer transmissions, and my shuttles screen is much cleaner.
  • It's awesome!
    Irial wrote: »
    I am liking the change to having only 6 different missions for a Faction instead of the previous 10 - makes it easier/quicker to find the same specific missions I want to run every 3 hours, as I have to open far fewer transmissions, and my shuttles screen is much cleaner.

On the other hand, with 10 per faction I could always find 4 good ones to run. Now with only 6 to choose from, I'm spread across 2 factions to find a good 4. So I'm dealing with 12 instead of 10. Not an improvement for me.