Home The Bridge

500 crew celebration clarification question

Bet ya thought I was just gonna ask..
"Who is it ?" Nope lol.

However the way the announcement is worded..

gvzc1edx6rif.jpg

"An all new free character"

It didn't explicitly say that the character we will receive will be the 500th.. just that we will be receiving an all new character..

(Which, could be 497, 498, 499 500 or 501)

So just for clarification.. is #500 the free crew we can expect ?

Thank you in advance :D

Best Answers

• FutureImperfectaFutureImperfecta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    4e4etwaacdoa.png

Now it's confirmed
    edited February 2018 Answer ✓
    elnmovg8qugt.png

Last post vanished,, now it's confirmed and clarified
    Answer ✓
    Ok, well I've posted the image twice now and twice it's vanished.. it's been out right started now that Sarak is the in game mail tomorrow

Go to star trek time lines Twitter for the image that keeps vanishing

Answers

• DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bet ya thought I was just gonna ask..
    "Who is it ?" Nope lol.

However the way the announcement is worded..

gvzc1edx6rif.jpg

"An all new free character"

It didn't explicitly say that the character we will receive will be the 500th.. just that we will be receiving an all new character..

(Which, could be 497, 498, 499 500 or 501)

So just for clarification.. is #500 the free crew we can expect ?

Thank you in advance :D

You might have hit on why the 5* in the Event is the 500th. The free one is the 497th......
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since Shan did not, like usual, reveal the name of the 500th character in the event preview

"Event Crew: Prospect Michael Burnham 4* (New), Ambassador Shras 4* (New), and our 500th crew! 5* (New)"

personally a full stake bet from me that we will get the 500th crew member for free. Since she also asked us to guess who it is would make no sense otherwise...

• The Great GornholioThe Great Gornholio ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    EDIT: I would have preferred if they took suggestions/did a poll on the 500th crew instead. Have a first phase where everyone can submit nominations, then a second phase where the top nominations are put into a poll and the community decides. Then it really would have felt like a reward to the community for keeping the game going this long, instead of just another character DB's tossing in our general direction.

That would have been fantastic. Goodness knows there are enough posts on the forum of characters that we really want to see included.

If this is Kung Fu Sarek, it makes me feel like STT is scraping the bottom of the barrel... and that's in a game where we don't have freaking Kamin yet (Inner Light Picard).

I'm pretty sure we are all getting Kung Fu Sarek BUT I'm holding out hope (their wording leaves a little room for interpretation) that the Sarek will be the Legendary Event crew for next week and we will all get a free copy. If there are 3 new event crew next week (including Sarek) that will be 499. Maybe the Honor Hall or Gauntlet will be updated and that will be the 500th character? I dunno. I can't remember, but did they flat out say, "This character (kung fu Sarek) will be the 500th character and you will get a free copy" OR did say "You will get this character (kung fu Sarek) to celebrate the release of the 500th character"? I may be reading way too much into this though lol

A bunch of us already wrote about this in the main thread for the 500th crew. I doubt we will get an answer before it happens.
  • [BL] Q wrote: »
    Free Prisoner Cornwell ;)

Oh man, that's messed up.... :D
  • Since Shan did not, like usual, reveal the name of the 500th character in the event preview

"Event Crew: Prospect Michael Burnham 4* (New), Ambassador Shras 4* (New), and our 500th crew! 5* (New)"

personally a full stake bet from me that we will get the 500th crew member for free. Since she also asked us to guess who it is would make no sense otherwise...

Yeah, might end up being like Mariachi Q
  • [BL] Q wrote: »

If they do that, my wife will be looking forward to her in game mail containing 50,000 honor.
    [BL] Q wrote: »

If they do that, my wife will be looking forward to her in game mail containing 50,000 honor.

That would be kind of messed for sure. Since Shan said it would not happen......

Scott

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • MbannarMbannar ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Wondering why this shows as answered on fourm page, when i dont see anything from db guys?
    Mbannar wrote: »
    Wondering why this shows as answered on fourm page, when i dont see anything from db guys?

I wondered, as well. Said "Answered" as soon as I posted at the start. I only speculated along with OP......

Scott

• I don't know why it's doing that either. I hit no to "did this answer the question" for each reply..

Lol, maybe that should be my next question Narf !! :P
  • As I just posted elsewhere, the cryo may still say 496 crew, but the Wiki already says 497. I am combing through it to find the straggler. "#497, where aaaaaarrrrreeeee yyyooooouuu??"
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Ststar picard maybe?
  • Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    497 could also be a pack only crew that they release on tuesday. There seems to be one released in the Tuesday packs at least every other week and we didn't get one this week.
  • I bet it will be a Vulcan-Andorian Janeway!
    "
    Join TFA II now.
  • GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    It doesn't matter whether you call it 497, 500, or whatever. We're getting a free 5* character. That's all that matters.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    If we call it a number, I vote for 24601. Not Star Trek, but still awesome.
  • It doesn't matter whether you call it 497, 500, or whatever. We're getting a free 5* character. That's all that matters.

Not if we're getting #499.
    Nowhere in the message does it state or imply that the character received will be anything more then a 1*.. I don't think they have the testicles to do -that-
    (though.. lol, would be kinda funny)
    It could easily be a 3 or 4 star character.
    It could be Tos Andorian Ambassador or Prospect Burnham.

.. Hence why I started the thread.
  • GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    They love giving out 5* characters. Since Christmas alone...
    Will Scarlett Worf
    Mirror Jean Luc Picard (lol)
    Mariachi Q

My prediction: In-game mail, 5* Surak, Next Wednesday.
  • It's implied by the message subject that the free crew is the special 500th crew. A reasonable person would conclude this.
  • JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    It's only 1 star for a 5* card, quite surely, and it looks like it's gunna be Kung Fu Sarek ... PLEASE big gaunt toon, so 1 star is actually useful?
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's only 1 star for a 5* card, quite surely, and it looks like it's gunna be Kung Fu Sarek ... PLEASE big gaunt toon, so 1 star is actually useful?

Please no overpowered Gaunt toon for everyone!! Gauntlet is still broken from walls of Mirror Picards!

Jim
    DB: Do Better
  • garnergarner ✭✭✭
    Jim Steele wrote: »

Please no overpowered Gaunt toon for everyone!! Gauntlet is still broken from walls of Mirror Picards!

Jim

Who gets pounded by Kahless.
  • edited February 2018
    Scratch my old Idea. I want...........
    MIRROR EMPEROR GEORGIOU!!!!!!!!
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭

Giving big gauntlet characters to everyone is a recipe for disaster. Gauntlet needs more variety, not less.
  • Paund SkummPaund Skumm ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grant77 wrote: »

Giving big gauntlet characters to everyone is a recipe for disaster. Gauntlet needs more variety, not less.

Oooh oooh!!! Hands up for more variety... PM Trudeau said it - “Diversity is out strength”... We need to say peoplekind... err sentientbeingkind?... to be more inclusive... Horta lives matter !!!
  • JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sarek would mean more variety, he could become an alternative to Kahless, Gowron and Murr Picard. :)
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
    If we call it a number, I vote for 24601. Not Star Trek, but still awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8WSysB5vKM

97qYwyS.jpg
    It's implied by the message subject that the free crew is the special 500th crew. A reasonable person would conclude this.

Implied, but not CLEARLY stated. The misleading "15 Premium Shuttle Boosts Ten Pulls for $12.99" Offer yesterday comes to mind......

• PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    (sigh) makes me miss the 90s/early 2000s stage production of Les Miserables with the rotating stage -- and a long line of people who have the power to really sing the powerful numbers.

Movie was... ok... just pales so much with the name brands who 'aren't bad' vocalists...