Home The Bridge

Is Kahless the Unaffordable worth getting?

DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
Today I finally passed 100K honor. It took five months, though I spent a lot on trainers when I was new, so perhaps 4 months worth of honor. I can wait a week and get the new honor hall person, or I can get Kahless and wait another 4 months. I have Gun Show Picard and Gowron, but Kahless would still be nice. Suggestions?

Comments

• Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would say he is worth it. He is still number 1 for command gauntlet, and he is very useful for voyages.
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    My opinion is no — unless the prospect of having him is exciting to you. I wouldn't suggest going for him based on his Gauntlet power, either, especially with you having both Gowron and Jean-Luc. He's got very nice proficiencies, but he's not unbeatable, and that's a lot of Honor to spend on one character. That having been said, I know a lot of people are very happy with having bought him... I just wouldn't do it personally. I probably won't be interested in the next one, either, unless it's a character who I really, really want (like TOS Mudd or TOS Flint ;) ).

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Has there been an announcement? I've not seen anything specifying when he's leaving, or who the replacement is.

In fact nothing since the original post saying that he was getting replaced in the new year......
  • The lack of news on the next gauntlet crew is beyond frustrating. Tons of people are still sitting on honor stockpiles, though I gave up a while back and started buying citations again.

To your question though, I wouldn’t bother with Khaless unless he is a personal favorite of yours, particularly considering that you already have fine gauntlet crew. 100k is a ton to spend—since you have no compelling utility motivation for doing so, the only question you need to ask yourself is whether or not the fan service of having him on your crew is that important to you.
    First Officer - Task Force April
    Squadron Leader - [TFA] Bateson’s Bulldogs
  • [BL] Q [BL] Q ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll give you mine for 25k honor FE
  • Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    Come on, join the Kahless club. :)olb4s5afv64w.jpg
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait until the Honor Hall announcement. They wont immediately replace him. If you can stand to wait a "little" while longer, you will save yourself a big risk of buyer's remorse.
  • @Capt. Chaos Kahless Club, where you get free refills on bloodwine.

0p95xd9m2f7h.png
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    I wouldnt spend 100k for Kahless now. He was worth it when he was first introduced and he could just crush in gauntlet. Now though there are so many Mirror Picard walls that have only slightly less command stat and almost always has the 25% bonus to Kahless's 5%. I think better to wait for next Honor Hall crew or use your Honor to add stars to your legendaries. I used my honor on some crew that have helped me often get to eight hours without dilithium. It really comes down to what you need.
    Let’s fly!
  • Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Today I finally passed 100K honor. It took five months, though I spent a lot on trainers when I was new, so perhaps 4 months worth of honor. I can wait a week and get the new honor hall person, or I can get Kahless and wait another 4 months. I have Gun Show Picard and Gowron, but Kahless would still be nice. Suggestions?

If you want to compete for first place in gauntlets on a regular basis, I say he is essential. He's an automatic for one of my 5 crew slots each and every time.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    With Mirror Picard and Gowron, I don’t know that Kahless is truly essential. He is a fine character but you may find that buying two citations for other crew may be a better value for you. It really depends on what your other crew are and where they are on the path to immortality.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you all for the suggestions. I don't plan to pull the trigger on a purchase before hearing about the new replacement. My command crew is good, but not deep. If I send out good command on the shuttles, voyages suffer, and vice versa. My Picard is FEFF. My Gowron is very new. I have a FE2F T'Kuvma. Then it drops.
    1b7zeb76ason.jpg
  • I recently passed the 100K honour mark myself, and had the same dilemma. Knowing we would be getting new Honour hall crew soon, I opted for 1 5* Legendary pull and a Legendary *, plus leftover to start saving again for 9 Million more I need to level up the rest...
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you all for the suggestions. I don't plan to pull the trigger on a purchase before hearing about the new replacement. My command crew is good, but not deep. If I send out good command on the shuttles, voyages suffer, and vice versa. My Picard is FEFF. My Gowron is very new. I have a FE2F T'Kuvma. Then it drops.
    1b7zeb76ason.jpg

If you're looking for some additional advice, you're certainly doing yourself no favours by wasting 240 chronitons per day. Spend them and get below the cap. At your stage of the game, you need to level characters as fast as possible.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grant77 wrote: »

If you want to compete for first place in gauntlets on a regular basis, I say he is essential. He's an automatic for one of my 5 crew slots each and every time.

I compete for first place regularly and don't have Kahless. As long as you have a strong crew otherwise it's totally doable without him.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    The lack of news on the next gauntlet crew is beyond frustrating. Tons of people are still sitting on honor stockpiles, though I gave up a while back and started buying citations again.
    I'm treating 100k as my new "0". When I get to 118k or 150k I think about using honor for a new crew, but I keep myself at 100k so that I have the option for the new crew when the announcement comes.
  • Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »

I compete for first place regularly and don't have Kahless. As long as you have a strong crew otherwise it's totally doable without him.

That being said, he's perhaps the second best gauntlet crew in the game behind Locutus. For a guy that's fairly new to the game (it seems) and obviously doesn't have the depth of 5* crew that you have, Kahless is undoubtedly an essential cog that would fast track his ascent to the top ranks of the gauntlet. The other comparable characters like Gowron, Defensive Phlox, and Seven of Nine aren't exactly easy to get. I have never seen a pack or behold with Gowron in 2 years of playing.
    I don't have a lot of gold cards, but Gowron came to me accedently in a behold from a single premium pull.
  • It's up to you, but I bought Kahless maybe a month ago after being tired of waiting to find out who the new HH character would be, and I'm already over 50k again. So I'll probably be able to get the new guy shortly after he comes out. It isn't really that hard to earn honor.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would just add your crew is full 101/100. Do you really want to give a spot up for a 1F.
    WaldoMag wrote: »
    I would just add your crew is full 101/100. Do you really want to give a spot up for a 1F.

Good point. But I have four crew ready to return to cryo after the event, four three star crew sitting at level 1 waiting to see if I'll bother leveling them, and three 1 star crew who I might try to level just for the achievement. Plus my 2 star Scotty is at level 80 and will probably be finished and frozen tomorrow. For once I'm not concerned with space.

In any case, I wouldn't buy him until after we get our new free 500th and hear who the new honor crew is.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Looks like it is upto who will be next honor hall crew.

Hopefully stats will be known in advance of removing Kahless but I doubt it.
    I guess if you like the next honor hall crew they will be the one. For me the current Kahless is forgetable especially if you saw the TNG episode.
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    He is less usefull now there are walls of Picards to contend with, I would hang fire for the new honour hall person, or use it to citate Cromwell or next months MegaEvent free 4/5*.

Jim
    DB: Do Better
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    1b7zeb76ason.jpg

If you're looking for some additional advice, you're certainly doing yourself no favours by wasting 240 chronitons per day. Spend them and get below the cap. At your stage of the game, you need to level characters as fast as possible.

If your Chron income from Gauntlet/Voyages is high enough, it is possible to save more by running one weekly supply kit. Pre-voyage-nerf, it wasn't even all that difficult to hit that threshold. Now, it's tougher, but still feasible for some.
  • I'll add my voice to the "No" crowd.

I've used citations to immortalise half a dozen legendary crew and never felt any desire for Kahless. I was thinking of saving for the new Honour Hall crew but put final stars one Scotty and Borgi La Forge instead.
  • Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭
    1b7zeb76ason.jpg

If your Chron income from Gauntlet/Voyages is high enough, it is possible to save more by running one weekly supply kit. Pre-voyage-nerf, it wasn't even all that difficult to hit that threshold. Now, it's tougher, but still feasible for some.

That's perhaps true, but not for a person that still has a blue in their top 6 command slots.
  • No. Until Mirror Picard, Kahless was a huge benefit worth paying 2x a regular 5*. You could count on him getting you a win each gauntlet refresh.

Now he's more of a novelty. Even at full strength he's got a real shot of losing to anyone over t50.
  • Hunter247Hunter247 ✭✭✭✭
    I know of a few players who bought him and regretted wasting the honour on him. I don't plan on getting him as I would rather drop a citation on a couple of other crew for a more balanced voyage crew
  • Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭
    Hunter247 wrote: »
    I know of a few players who bought him and regretted wasting the honour on him. I don't plan on getting him as I would rather drop a citation on a couple of other crew for a more balanced voyage crew

It really depends on whether gauntlet is a priority for you or not. If you want to place well, then you will never regret purchasing a card that you use in every single gauntlet. If it's just a sideshow and you don't care about placing well then you will probably regret it.