Home The Bridge

Is Kahless the Unaffordable worth getting?

2»

Comments

• Grant77 wrote: »
    Hunter247 wrote: »
    I know of a few players who bought him and regretted wasting the honour on him. I don't plan on getting him as I would rather drop a citation on a couple of other crew for a more balanced voyage crew

It really depends on whether gauntlet is a priority for you or not. If you want to place well, then you will never regret purchasing a card that you use in every single gauntlet. If it's just a sideshow and you don't care about placing well then you will probably regret it.

I have to disagree. I have finished first in the Gauntlet dozens of times and I don't have Kahless. Nechayev or Mirror Picard, Guinan, Locutus, Seven and Mirror Phlox are what I typically use.

I can see how Kahless might be useful if you don't have Guinan or Locutus but he's not needed and I was ranking quite well before I got Locutus or Guinan.
  • [VA] NATE[VA] NATE ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    I
  • (OPA) Major Herps(OPA) Major Herps ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Waiting until the next honor hall legend is announced is the best course of action, no need to be too hasty.
  • Is he Fully fused or do you than have to spend 200k to FF him? I'm about to hit 100k and this was one of the things that will help decide my choice
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    For those saying wait until the announcement, there's a good chance that the stats won't be known until the change is made. You could still make some educated guesses on skills, but who knows if it would be high base or proficiency.
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is he Fully fused or do you than have to spend 200k to FF him? I'm about to hit 100k and this was one of the things that will help decide my choice

Just 1 star for the 100k then 200k if you want to FF (or DYS and 150k)
  • Today I finally passed 100K honor. It took five months, though I spent a lot on trainers when I was new, so perhaps 4 months worth of honor. I can wait a week and get the new honor hall person, or I can get Kahless and wait another 4 months. I have Gun Show Picard and Gowron, but Kahless would still be nice. Suggestions?

I use Kahless a lot on the Gauntlet and Voyages! He is a Klingon also, so whenever a Klingon is involved on events, he will be useful there, the same as Picard is taken into account as having the Borg trait!
  • Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭
    Grant77 wrote: »
    I know of a few players who bought him and regretted wasting the honour on him. I don't plan on getting him as I would rather drop a citation on a couple of other crew for a more balanced voyage crew

It really depends on whether gauntlet is a priority for you or not. If you want to place well, then you will never regret purchasing a card that you use in every single gauntlet. If it's just a sideshow and you don't care about placing well then you will probably regret it.

I have to disagree. I have finished first in the Gauntlet dozens of times and I don't have Kahless. Nechayev or Mirror Picard, Guinan, Locutus, Seven and Mirror Phlox are what I typically use.

I can see how Kahless might be useful if you don't have Guinan or Locutus but he's not needed and I was ranking quite well before I got Locutus or Guinan.

I don't disagree with you, but you kind of missed the point. Kahless is better than Nechayev, Mirror Picard, and Guinan. He's arguably more useful than Defensive Phlox as well. The fact that your other crew is so good that is masks a weaker CMD skill doesn't mean that Kahless isn't extremely useful.
  • Grant77 wrote: »

I don't disagree with you, but you kind of missed the point. Kahless is better than Nechayev, Mirror Picard, and Guinan. He's arguably more useful than Defensive Phlox as well. The fact that your other crew is so good that is masks a weaker CMD skill doesn't mean that Kahless isn't extremely useful.

I take last lines as being the point. The last line being if one is playing for rank and don't get Kahless they'll regret it. I'm not disputing he's useful, just that not getting him leads to regret. ;)
  • Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭

I take last lines as being the point. The last line being if one is playing for rank and don't get Kahless they'll regret it. I'm not disputing he's useful, just that not getting him leads to regret. ;)

Look at that particular player's situation though. He doesn't have most of the elite gauntlet characters. You don't have the second best in Kahless, but you have the rest of the top 10. Kahless is essential for him.
  • eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kahless makes it onto nearly all of my voyages since he has three skills, and will almost certainly be in command of the all Klingon one i'm planning as soon as that ship trait rolls around again!
  • al103al103 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    I personally don't regret getting him despite not caring about gauntlet for more than merits and boxes (or maybe my crew is just that atrocious... Mirror Picard, Kahless, Guinan, Seven from big hitters). Got him citation even. While I can't say he gets on 100% of my Voyages because of Picard and T'Kuvma competing for spots (and Com or Sec voyages are rarity), but he's solid stand-in whenever one of them is busy on even and he's on all Com or Sec voyages too.

Though tactically you may want instead to put two stars (and later third) on T'Kuvma, he's shuttle monster and pretty useful for voyages too despite two skills. And for all "there are too many Com/Sec" they are most common shuttle skills.
  • Thank you all for the suggestions. I don't plan to pull the trigger on a purchase before hearing about the new replacement. My command crew is good, but not deep. If I send out good command on the shuttles, voyages suffer, and vice versa. My Picard is FEFF. My Gowron is very new. I have a FE2F T'Kuvma. Then it drops.
    1b7zeb76ason.jpg

Given your command crew, I'd say he's going to be worth the 100K and permanent crew slot burn. But definitely agree with waiting until we see who the replacement is.

Everyone has primarily discussed his utility in the Gauntlet and he's definitely useful there. I got Nechayev about a week after I purchased Kahless, and the usage isn't even close. I might use Mirror Picard if he's at 45% crit, but otherwise Kahless is a lock.

I think his real value is in Voyages. Kahless isn't quite good enough to make my shuttle rotation, but his command is good enough to be able to free up someone better to take on a shuttle instead.
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    I got Kahless as soon as I could get 100K honour. He is my 2nd best gauntlet char after Locutus. He does compete for space with Mirror Picard and Damar though. Sometimes even other CMD crew get in over him depending on relative crit chance. He's still a powerful double threat and almost even a triple threat.

Technically, he's also one of the best Voyage crew in the game although I usually don't use him for that. My Kahless is only 1/5 and he competes for crew spots with CSD crew who are 3-5/5. I'm not likely going to add additional stars to him since I'd rather burn honour on crew who are more likely to be bonus event crew.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • [BL] Q [BL] Q ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still no takers on Kahless I will drop my discounted offer of 10k honor to 2500k and will transport him with a case of Tulaberry wine
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think there is a wider issue here, something like a Picardgate, the question is what happens to Kahless when he get's removed from honor hall, will he be put in the portal....?
    That would certainly annoy those that spent so much honor for him... if not then from a collectors point of view how are those that couldn't gather the resource in time or people who join the game in the future/recently supposed to be able to obtain him?
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Hunter247Hunter247 ✭✭✭✭
    I would have thought putting him in special "rare" packs and Dabo would make sense
  • Does the twice reward pack show up for Kahless when bought with 100k honor? (The one that usually shows up for every new 5* crew - one more crew, items to level up to 50 and 1500VIP)
  • I have recently started playing the gauntlet again, I don't have Kahless, got a 17th place finish, which I was pleased about, I thought about buying him some time back, but the real question is, do I want another 1/5* character clogging up my crew slots? No, No I do not

If he starts dropping in packs or free beholds, I may consider him

I guess it depends on what type of game you are looking to play, but i use gauntlet to get some merits anything else is a bonus
  • Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does the twice reward pack show up for Kahless when bought with 100k honor? (The one that usually shows up for every new 5* crew - one more crew, items to level up to 50 and 1500VIP)

It should show up if it’s been over 72 hours from the last time you had the offer appear.
  • IrialIrial ✭✭✭✭
    Please note that Kahless the Unforgettable has been included in the new To Boldly Go Collection.
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    That would certainly annoy those that spent so much honor for him... if not then from a collectors point of view how are those that couldn't gather the resource in time or people who join the game in the future/recently supposed to be able to obtain him?

A good question is it worth spending 100K Honour on a guaranteed 5*?

Its pricey for sure. Kahless is still a top Gauntlet crew, is good at Voyages even at 1/5 and for many he was very helpful during the Klingon Mega. Well worth the 100k. A different character might not be.

Being able to add stars to him from regular portals wouldn't bother me too much since that's how I progress my 5*'s anyways.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals