Home The Bridge

How many people have had it with the quantity of Burnhams?

13»

Comments

• S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am, please don't give us another for at least a year.
    WTF is this thread? Is it about grammar or Burnham?
  • I am, please don't give us another for at least a year.
    I could care a little less, but I do think communication is important, and because I care a great deal about people's feelings I try and explain where I am coming from and how I say it. I take offense when people clearly mean it, but couldn't care less about offense if someone is trying to help and are being polite. I could care more about grammar, but not much, as I am aware my English isn't perfect, but I'm no George Carlin or Noam Chomsky and I certainly wouldn't wish to be on the receiving end of their sharp wit. I could care less, but I could care more, but that is itself so vague it could be anywhere between couldn't caring less and couldn't caring more, so essentially it is meaningless and we might do better in using the graph someone kindly provided earlier in the thread to make it ultra clear just how much, or how little, we care. And I couldn't care less if I couldn't be bothered to make paragraphs because I know the grammar police are in the house and I shall enjoy hearing about their frustration with a wall of text, too many commas, and not enough breaks or spell-checks. What I do care about is how they respond, and if anyone even gets this far they deserve a freaking medal imo.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
    WTF is this thread? Is it about grammar or Burnham?

Lol. It started as a post about Burnham, but became about grammar about 7 posts in.
    I could care a little less, but I do think communication is important, and because I care a great deal about people's feelings I try and explain where I am coming from and how I say it. I take offense when people clearly mean it, but couldn't care less about offense if someone is trying to help and are being polite. I could care more about grammar, but not much, as I am aware my English isn't perfect, but I'm no George Carlin or Noam Chomsky and I certainly wouldn't wish to be on the receiving end of their sharp wit. I could care less, but I could care more, but that is itself so vague it could be anywhere between couldn't caring less and couldn't caring more, so essentially it is meaningless and we might do better in using the graph someone kindly provided earlier in the thread to make it ultra clear just how much, or how little, we care. And I couldn't care less if I couldn't be bothered to make paragraphs because I know the grammar police are in the house and I shall enjoy hearing about their frustration with a wall of text, too many commas, and not enough breaks or spell-checks. What I do care about is how they respond, and if anyone even gets this far they deserve a freaking medal imo.

LOL!
  • Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, I love the character, give us more
    Aaaaannnnyyyway.... the only real problem with the Burnham releases is the proximity to one another, not the quantity. Discovery is on hiatus until 2019, and there's not even a guarantee of that given their past production schedule track record. DB really should have paced themselves on Discovery releases.
    The first two drops were well spaced - September and November 2017. But then to have four released over the course of January and February is poor planning. All this dissatisfaction could have easily been avoided if they'd stuck to the one every two months schedule.

As it is, the only Burnham left of any real interest is Faux Mirror Burnham - they might stretch it with a Mek'leth or Mindmeld variant - but they'd better hold off until the fall.
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    Back to the topic. I like Burnham just fine and I do want to see a Mirror version of her.
    But I want a break from her for a while. I get she's the main character of the new show and that DB
    has a business relationship with CBS so naturally they will want to promote the show.

But, there are many ways to promote the show through other crew than just Burnie.
    As many have said in this thread already, there are still many more crew we should have or see. And I think those crew should come in before we get our next Michael version. Because 8 versions in the span of 5 months is just ridiculous, it is worse than we got Riker-palooza back in the day.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • Princess TristaPrincess Trista ✭✭✭✭✭
    So funny, the topic is about all the Burnham crews, but it has now been changed to a grammar error. This is making me wonder if it is what they call bait and switch? I think that is the right term.

Trista
  • Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Although I do like Desert Burnham.
    So funny, the topic is about all the Burnham crews, but it has now been changed to a grammar error. This is making me wonder if it is what they call bait and switch? I think that is the right term.

Trista

6zqzmjhwm445.png
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭

Trista

I thnk its deflection from the Burnham mafia trying to make sure displeasure against her frequency of releases is squashed.
    (Anyone need some tin foil? I have extra....)
    Pallidyne wrote: »

Trista

I thnk its deflection from the Burnham mafia trying to make sure displeasure against her frequency of releases is squashed.
    (Anyone need some tin foil? I have extra....)

The fervent hatred against her is somewhat disconcerting at times, but even us Burnophiles have seen enough for now I'd say.

There's a lot more to Discovery than Michael Burnham
    I brought this up a couple of weeks ago, it isn't even so much about the number, it is the number in relation to the source material to pull it from. If say Discovery had been on 7 years but DB did not have the rights to include those characters and then suddenly could, a fair number of disco crew suddenly washing in would likely be something we would want. Right now it is just too much. Add in that Burnham is just a wholly unlikeable character that never would have survived long enough to ever become a commander, she would have been court martialed in the first month of her service.

Please DB, slow down the release and give me some variety, very happy with random andorians and the like lately.
  • Mr. LincolnMr. Lincoln ✭✭✭✭✭
    Surely they must have frag grenades in the future, Burnham problem solved
    kind of like when WotC first made Fallen Empires.
    we were sending it back to WotC telling them to burn it.
    way too many and common.
    DB needs to fire the Ferrengi and higher more Engineers, Rom doesn't count.
    [FSC] Peace Keepers
    Gryphon [****] Adm
    uaun0qrbc4o3.png

New Burnham in the time portal