Home The Bridge

How many people have had it with the quantity of Burnhams?

Mr. LincolnMr. Lincoln ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2018 in The Bridge

How many people have had it with the quantity of Burnhams? 190 votes

I am, please don't give us another for at least a year.
63%
Warrior WilloAviTrekCaptain_Who/SSR/ Captain S'log[KM]VidemThe FishSSR Barkleymilamber42For Cardassia[NDQ] Joker41NAM[SSR] The Iron CowProsserRocpile{SST} Captain Magenta Borealis[DB:Do Better] More Tranya!GAWA William T. Rikerehmiga[TFA] Commodore Wizzlestixmiddlehead 120 votes
I could care less, crew is crew.
18%
ADM Fletcher [ET]CaptainUnderpantsMuadDaveDpmtRoadrunner {SG-66}[TUFG] SiguardKaiteeNeos472Jim SteeleIrial(CSF) Jesus Is Lord [••••](OPA) Major HerpsK Han Solo Ng & Thank4 All DteashahekeeFrank?[STFL] TheHell2Earth[GoT] Unsober Shimoda[FF] Vice Admiral NairneGib - Admiral MarinersPepex82 36 votes
No, I love the character, give us more
13%
izausomeAstrometricsSixDifferentWaysSabine of AthensCaptain DurfZombie Squirrel guest_7456abegheer1SpaceWereDragonGrumpferStygianAntasilThis Sisko1Ambrosius77Tcal(HGH)ApolloGarakS31[Retired] BeamMeUpScottieTP do better!! ~Colli~ (PoF)captain_yar 26 votes
Burnham Who?
4%
uss_bonaventure[GoT] jess-gayJhamelJim RaynorHungry Dog DDMDitto12345678 of 123456789Texas Ranger 8 votes

Comments

• Mr. LincolnMr. Lincoln ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to get a feel for how people feel about recent crew choices given to us.
  • ThurthoradThurthorad ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be fair, it's not a big deal, but at the same time she is way overrepresented for a character that has only been in a few episodes of trek. There are still lots of other Discovery characters that could be used, in those slots. Or you know, another Bashir or Sulu perhaps?

She's not even close to the most interesting character on her own show. Give me more Lorcas or Tillys or heck just about anyone other than Burnham at this point.
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    I could care less, crew is crew.
    I don't mind the number of Burnhams, but it's disappointing that the rest of the Discovery cast seems to be shoved aside to make room for her. I'm cool with more of her, but maybe we could get a version of Stamets that actually represents what he does first?
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well that's certainly a balanced way to ask the question. You are assured an unbiased response with that. /s
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    robownage wrote: »
    maybe we could get a version of Stamets that actually represents what he does first?

Kind of surprised we haven't had a
    Spore Drive Stamets yet.

qcm0d8scp407.jpg

Edit: Since some lovely person decided to mark this post as spam — for being a spoiler, I guess...? even though it's not really spoiled anything that hasn't already been seen within the game itself :| — I added the spoiler tag, for anyone else who might get a bee in their bonnet over something so trivial.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    She may be the main character in her show but it’s just too much right now. Burnham burnout is in full swing...
  • I am, please don't give us another for at least a year.
    I love Discovery, love the character of Burnham, but at this point, I would rather have other Discovery crew. A 4-star Culbert, 2 or 3-star versions of Detmer, Landry, or Airiam, even a 3 or 4-star version of Lorca would be nice.
  • Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    None of the options worked for me. I want them to hold off, but a year seems excessive. Hold off until Discovery season 2 is ready to start.
    None of the options worked for me. I want them to hold off, but a year seems excessive. Hold off until Discovery season 2 is ready to start.

Isn't season 2 supposed to start early 2019, which would be about a year away?
  • For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭
    She's my least favourite part of DSC and yet she's everywhere. It doesn't have to be a year until the next one, but it should at least be a month or so
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
    Im done with her, the only one I have kept is graduation, and thats because FF she has decent base stats
  • I enjoy seeing new Discovery content in STT, I just wish they'd distribute it's characters at a more even pace.
    Ditto with Drafted. One of the worst actresses EVER to land such a gig. When you make Jolene Blalock look good, well... P.S. I was kinda hoping for a Cowardly Burnham or Miss Malaysia as that's how most main kills are done in the nuTrek - from behind.
  • Princess TristaPrincess Trista ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    It is just sad to see 6 in five months. She has more than Scotty!
  • No, I love the character, give us more
    The only thing I mind is that there's so little other Discovery crew.

Aside from that, more Discovery!
    "Dance with me. For science."
    We need to get back to flooding the game with Rikers and Janeways! 😂

In all seriousness, we need more of long-established crew and less Burnhams. Soon she will surpass Riker and Janeway in numbers, and she has only been part of the Star Trek universe since September, five months ago!
    There are three ways to do something; the right way, the wrong way, and the Janeway.

DB: Do Better.

Member of Starship Trista
  • bowdybowdy ✭✭✭
    2 versions of a 2* Burnham is kinda taking the mick. What was wrong with making a rare version of her? Still going to the freezer whichever way you look at it.

Some of her version are incredibly tenuous if you ask me. Which you didn't. But I'm saying so anyway :smile:
  • Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is DB trolling us. Discovery has just finished and won't be back for another year. They know people already think there are too many Burnhams, so they add another two as a joke.
  • Paund SkummPaund Skumm ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m sure their artist had a BOGO sale going on and DB decided to take advantage to save some bucks.
  • AntasilAntasil ✭✭✭✭
    No, I love the character, give us more
    I voted for more Burnham, but that's mostly a choice for lack of a better one. I'm quite a fan of Discovery and I think Burnham has done some nice things too. I do agree with a few others here that there is such a thing as too much of a good thing ;-)

Burham-Burnout is closing in, and I don't think prospect burnham is all that different from graduation burnham. Both characters were at the start of their career and would have been good 2- and 3 star characters.
    I'm cool with Burnham / Discovery, but too many Discovery crew in general for me, since the show's premier. Lots of TNG, TOS, DS9, etc... crew still to get out to the die-hard Trekkers.
    “You must understand that there is more than one path to the top of the mountain”
    ― Musashi, Japan's Greatest Swordsman and Samurai
  • I could care less, crew is crew.
    Yateball wrote: »
    Oh man, edit this poll to have "Could care less" replaced with "Couldn't care less" please

Could care less means you care a lot and would therefore blend with the other option

Both versions, Could care less vs. Couldn't care less, are common expressions (in the US at least) that mean the same thing (the the person doesn't care about whatever is being discussed). Either version is considered correct.

Even if you don't accept the saying, it is incorrect to claim 'Could care less' means that you actually care a lot. All it would mean is that there is something in the world that you care for less than the item you are talking about.

For example, assume I hate turnips and beets. I could claim I could care less about turnips, but only because I hate beets more.
  • None of the poll choices quite landed for me. The closest would have been "No, I love the character, give us more", but that omits a key concern I do have and implies that I'm all in favor of the frequency of Burnham personae to date.

I am cool with the quantity of Burnhams, and I can point to at least two other personae of her I'd like introduced (Away Team, from "Si Vis Pacem, Para Bella", and [redacted] from the second half of the season arc). I do, however, agree with others like @Thurthorad, @robownage, @Data1001, @JayBeezy, @Midspeed, and @Astrometrics that the distribution of Burnham to other Disco characters has been woefully imbalanced, and I'd really like to see that be the focus of Disco content for awhile.
    If you think we have seen for the last of Burnham for another year, you're being naive...

l3gcix0y6gc5.jpg
  • RennJaxoRennJaxo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    If you think we have seen for the last of Burnham for another year, you're being naive...

l3gcix0y6gc5.jpg

See, but I WANT that version of Burnham. Prospect Burnham just seems like they're really stretching it. At the very least, they could have made her the rare version.
    What's the difference between Grad/Prisoner vs. this events' Prospect/Desert??? Does this game really need to counterfeit itself this way? Is it laziness? Is the joke on me (us/the playing community? Someone, plz help me! lol
    RennJaxo wrote: »

l3gcix0y6gc5.jpg

See, but I WANT that version of Burnham. Prospect Burnham just seems like they're really stretching it. At the very least, they could have made her the rare version.

I don't disagree with peoples sentiments at the speed and frequency of Burnhams.... faster than tribbles at this point, but at least the artwork for Burnhams, on the whole, has been above the recent standards.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Plus Prospect Burnham's stats bring no benefit considering Graduation Fun Sponge is far better.