Home The Bridge

Anyone else in the Borg/Brutal/Undercover Operative Gauntlet?

Are you just sighing like I am? Getting a gauntlet which is guaranteed to be as wall-y as you can wall with the highest of the high rollers?
Borg + Brutal means a guaranteed...
Seven of Nine wall (25% bonus)
Mirror Phlox wall (25% bonus)
Mirror Picard wall (25% bonus)
Locutus wall (45% bonus)

For the record, I'm not complaining, as I too am using some of these crew in my roster.
More so, I'm as much amused as I am rolling my eyes. :p
Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.

Comments

• I think the most messed up gauntlet I have ever been in was brutal, cultural figure, and starfleet. All sorts of ugliness there.

But yes I agree that borg + brutal should never be together. Instant big boys club only gauntlet.
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Assimilated La Forge and Assimilated Tuvok both hit the trifecta, even though they're not really killer in proficiency. La Forge has won a few matches for me, though. It's hard to *not* use a 65% crew when you've got one. ;)

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gowron get 25% as well for brutal, I have Sulan instead of Phlox and Borg Laforge is in there (Hes actually got pretty good combined rolls)

Jim
    DB: Do Better
  • JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about an Andorian and Discovery gauntlet? Would be matching the event, wouldn't it? I wonder what a wall we'd see then. :D
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • elemnteeelemntee ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    No, just the Mirror Picard at 45% and Mirror Phlox at 25 % gauntlet.
    I guess I'm lucky.
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    Data1001 wrote: »
    Assimilated La Forge and Assimilated Tuvok both hit the trifecta, even though they're not really killer in proficiency. La Forge has won a few matches for me, though. It's hard to *not* use a 65% crew when you've got one. ;)

La Borge is only 45%, and is killer in proficiency.
  • [10F] Belle'Anna [10F] Belle'Anna ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    I have walls of Mirror Picard at 45% it's boooooring
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Warrior WilloWarrior Willo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you just sighing like I am? Getting a gauntlet which is guaranteed to be as wall-y as you can wall with the highest of the high rollers?
    Borg + Brutal means a guaranteed...
    Seven of Nine wall (25% bonus)
    Mirror Phlox wall (25% bonus)
    Mirror Picard wall (25% bonus)
    Locutus wall (45% bonus)

For the record, I'm not complaining, as I too am using some of these crew in my roster.
    More so, I'm as much amused as I am rolling my eyes. :p

I'm in that Gauntlet and you have listed the exact crew I'm using. Currently in No.1 position though it has been a challenge as coming across a lot of mirror contests as you would expect.
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dralix wrote: »

La Borge is only 45%, and is killer in proficiency.

My bad. Tired brain — I had been thinking he had all 3 traits, since I used both him and Tuvok in this one. Still don't really agree that +(239–482) CMD / +(235–493) ENG/ +(148–316) SCI is what I'd call "killer", however. But like I said, even at that, he's picked off a few opponents here and there.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • I'm in that Gauntlet. My team:

Locutus of Borg (45%)
    Beowulf Kim (25%)
    Sulan (25%)
    Drone Seven of Nine (45%)
    Mirror Jean-Luc Picard (25%)

I remember a time when the Borg Queen was a go-to for this Gauntlet, but she's been easily eclipsed by Mirror Jean-Luc Picard, even though she has a 45% crit chance to his 25%.
  • NivenFresNivenFres ✭✭✭✭
    Using

Seven of Nine (25%)
    Assimilated La Forge (45%)
    Mirror Phlox (25%)
    Bartender Guinan (5%)

Sitting in 4th at the moment.
    "If it wasn't for autocorrect, we wouldn't have Tuvok on a Giraffe."
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    My bad. Tired brain — I had been thinking he had all 3 traits, since I used both him and Tuvok in this one. Still don't really agree that +(239–482) CMD / +(235–493) ENG/ +(148–316) SCI is what I'd call "killer", however. But like I said, even at that, he's picked off a few opponents here and there.

I think that he is a three skiller and pretty rounded CMD/SCI/ENG his average rolls assuming you can pick off inferior 2 skill crew or dare I say locutus when its a SCI + ENG or CMD round makes him worth including especially with the 45% crit chance.

Jim

DB: Do Better
  • eXo | Cadet MatteXo | Cadet Matt ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Both Kahless at 5% and Gowron at 25% are significantly better than Mirror Picard even at 25%. Sulan at 25% is slightly better than Defensive Phlox at 5% and Guinan at 5% and significantly better than Mirror Phlox at 25%.

I'm okay with everyone bringing Mirror Picard and Mirror Phlox. Knowing that people would makes it easy to strategize against.

Brought Seven of Nine for defense. Drone Seven of Nine is overrated even at 45%. Brought Locutus because how could you not. Brought Mademoiselle de Neuf to address the rest of the SEC/SCI Mirror Picards that Gowron doesn't.

I'm fine with walls of Mirror Picard. He's overrated.
    Proud member of eXodus
    Join the eXo|plosion today!
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm on a different rotation that has communicator, terran empire, maverick so the 45% Mirror Picard walls are pretty insane
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in that Gauntlet. My team:

Locutus of Borg (45%)
    Beowulf Kim (25%)
    Sulan (25%)
    Drone Seven of Nine (45%)

I remember a time when the Borg Queen was a go-to for this Gauntlet, but she's been easily eclipsed by Mirror Jean-Luc Picard, even though she has a 45% crit chance to his 25%.

I’ve never been a fan of the Borg Queen in the gauntlet. She may be a three-skill crew but two of those skills are awful and her COM is merely good. Even back when she first came out, I took Mirror Kirk into Borg/Brutal gauntlets over the Queen because his second skill was actually pretty good.
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    I been using: Locutus, 7of9, Mirror Phlox, Mirror Picard, Assimilated Geordi.

Its been ok. Currently #1 by a hair. High crit chances make things swingy.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every gauntlet for the last month has had nothing but mirror picard walls.
    Let’s fly!
  • Both Kahless at 5% and Gowron at 25% are significantly better than Mirror Picard even at 25%. Sulan at 25% is slightly better than Defensive Phlox at 5% and Guinan at 5% and significantly better than Mirror Phlox at 25%.

I'm okay with everyone bringing Mirror Picard and Mirror Phlox. Knowing that people would makes it easy to strategize against.

Brought Seven of Nine for defense. Drone Seven of Nine is overrated even at 45%. Brought Locutus because how could you not. Brought Mademoiselle de Neuf to address the rest of the SEC/SCI Mirror Picards that Gowron doesn't.

This is only applicable to players who have each of those crew members in their rosters, of course. Drone Seven of Nine's stats may well be inferior to Seven of Nine's, but since I only have Drone, I don't dismiss her as "overrated".

I am fortunate to have Sulan, though, and haven't used Mirror Phlox almost at all since I finished equipping Sulan awhile back.

As for Picard, my problem is that I don't have anyone else with his CMD range who can reliably go up against him if that's one of the stats, and there are so many of him that it's hard to sidestep him. Conversely, if the secondary skill is right, I have a few crew who I comfortably throw against Kahless and win often enough that I'm not intimidated by him unless he gets 45% or 65% bonuses and I don't. At least then, there are far fewer of him in circulation, so he's easier to sidestep than Picard.

Picard's Achilles heel, of course, is that his other two stats are unimpressive (his SCI is outright laughable). However, I've also yet to find anyone in my crew who can reliably nullify that CMD range of his, which is so wide that it has a tendency to crit and beat me even if ought to be more competitive against him on paper.
  • I'm with @Yateball. Walls and walls of 45% Picard. I gave up trying to merit roll my way around him. I just scroll far right, pick my weakest player and let them lose. Holding on to 14th at the moment and it doesn't cost me anything.
    As a side note, I've been getting a lot more merit rewards instead of credits when winning. Maybe RNG is being nice to me 😁
  • Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got 21st place in my gauntlet but only 3 prize boxes and they were all component pieces. Disappointing.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • DeanWinsDeanWins ✭✭✭✭
    You know my luck is kind of nuts. I never got a Locutus not one, even thou I was here when the first introduced gauntlet, but I have gotten 7 guinans total to drop, maybe Im more lucky now, or just more skilled? or have more time on my hands lol
  • DeanWinsDeanWins ✭✭✭✭
    Both Kahless at 5% and Gowron at 25% are significantly better than Mirror Picard even at 25%. Sulan at 25% is slightly better than Defensive Phlox at 5% and Guinan at 5% and significantly better than Mirror Phlox at 25%.

I guess its quite easy to dismiss Mirror Picard as overated, when you have every officer option out there. Im guessing not all of us have that luxury;) Even thou I do not agree that he is overrated, I do find him at times inconsistent, even thou he has high score potential his range is quite big. Thou inconsistency and crazy randomness is part of the "fun" of the guantlet lol