Home The Bridge

Why I can't get excited that Guinan is going away

LilBangersLilBangers ✭✭
edited February 2018 in The Bridge
**Most of this post has been removed due to language and content**

Wait who is going away? Are you telling me that Guinan was in the game for everyone? I thought that was only for those few lucky 1%. **Redacted** I mean how often does one have to play to get this RANDOM **removed** crew member? Do the people who run this game realize how many have not gotten her? I get that there is a need for randomness as to prevent actual skill from becoming a deciding factor in this game. (Insert religion here) forbid that someone who spends money loses to someone with a brain and a plan, that would ruin all money making ventures this game has.

You want to remove a character from this game that a number of people have not only not received but have only seen as an opponent and feel that is an amazing announcement? Make said character available to ALL. Getting number one in gauntlet is a definite guinan, or locutos or whom ever you plan on putting in. Leave the questionable new math that says we get her as a random reward, but also put in a reward for making it to number one. YES there will be those spenders who will have her maxed in say ten days or less, but that also means others get her as well.

**The rest of this post has been removed by censors**

Why I can't get excited that Guinan is going away 134 votes

I do not have Guinan
9% 13 votes
I do not have Guinan or Locutus
17% 23 votes
I have Guinan
19% 26 votes
I have Guinan and Locutus
39% 53 votes
I do not play gauntlet because it seems rigged
5% 7 votes
I did not know Guinan was available to everyone
0% 1 vote
I do not have an opinion there are other more important things that need fixing in the game.
4% 6 votes
I am sorry I was too busy playing STT to read this can you use pictures?
3% 5 votes

Comments

• I play every day, almost every refresh and only go for streaks. Yet there are people in my fleet with 8 or 9 Guinans and Im still waiting.

My teams are not bad, I do have locutos, seven, phlox, moset, **tsk tsk**. Forge, AoS Crusher, OOGarik, so i can pull together a nice team, its the RNG that gets me.THAT no one can help, even though statistics say I should get her... Well I do not know if STT follows normal statistics, more like fuzzy logic
  • I'm still salty that I don't have a Locutus. But I did get Uber lucky with 5 Guinans
  • I started too late to get a Locutus. I have never seen some other big hitters. I have never had enough honor to get Kahless. I did get lucky and get Guinan. However. There are lots of crew in this game that I probably won't ever get. That's life. And DBRNG. I just haven't played long enough I guess.

I'd say look forward to new things. That's all there is to it really. If you're not enjoying the gauntlet, don't play it. If you're not enjoying Timelines, don't play it. Seriously.

I have Guinan, but you probably have heaps of crew that I want. I may get them eventually, maybe not. Maybe there will be other ways if getting her. In the meantime there will be new crew to get and that's probably a good thing. I'm sick of Guinan walls, and Picard walls, and Kahless walls, and Phlox walls, and I play only to get a few goodies. That's just the way it is, sadly.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • I have her 2* but that was from ages ago, never seen her since, even when I have had 16+ streaks or got in the top 10, but hopefully she will end up in some packs
  • Dont be mad about Guinan. She only good for voyage anyway. Might be good as a defender but there are so many more cards that are better for a allround gauntlet team.
  • AntasilAntasil ✭✭✭✭
    Locutus was moved to an achievement after he left the gauntlet. Granted, its a big task to get him now but he's out here. But chances are we will see Guinan again somewhere else.
  • JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope she will be 30K rounds achievement and Banjoman 40K rounds once he's replaced.
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've got a 4/5 Guinan. I've gotten her from rewards and streaks. Still the best two-roll gauntlet character although not so strong that I can ignore traits.

I also have a 2/5 Locutus.

I do the Gauntlet every day. Yes, its always annoying to get trainers but its still a decent source of chrons, packs, merits and credits. Oh and 5* Equipment. The Gauntlet just saved me 8 Basic Holoprograms yesterday.

Only 6303 fites left till I get my next Locutus! Did you know even if you lose a round it still counts towards the achievement? A fascinating strategy for dealing with walls.

PS Get Kahless before he leaves the Hall. He's pretty good too. Yes, you do have enough Honour to buy him. Stop wasting it on trainers and citations.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • ha ha, I've only done like 800 rounds,
  • CloneClone ✭✭✭
    I'm at 8100 gauntlet rounds on the achievement, including countless streaks and top-3 finishes, with 0 Guinans. It's also worth mentioning that the gauntlet rounds achievement was added AFTER Guinan, meaning it's under-counting the number of times I've failed to get her.
  • Maybe there should be achievement for not getting her?
  • Hunter247Hunter247 ✭✭✭✭
    Bri wrote: »
    Just play gauntlet and eventually you’ll get a Guinan or whoever the next one is. Try for small winning streaks if your crew are too weak to compete for the top rankings. I don’t think paying money benefits gauntlet.... I don’t know anyone who uses dil to refresh gauntlet these days.

Sorry that is nonsense. It is totally random as you could play for years and not luck out and get the character.

That is without the dodgy maths of the gauntlet. Where a 5% character can hit three out of three crits and best a 25% char who would have won otherwise.
  • DeanWinsDeanWins ✭✭✭✭
    I think making Guinan or whatever Gauntlet character there is at the time, the reward for rank 1 would be a mistake. People would just spend to get rank 1, which requires little skill or planning. Which means players who dont spend as much or at all would even have a less chance of getting them. Maybe they could fix the drop rate odds, that would certainly help.
  • Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    Antasil wrote: »
    Locutus was moved to an achievement after he left the gauntlet. Granted, its a big task to get him now but he's out here. But chances are we will see Guinan again somewhere else.

Locutus was also added to the "Rejoin the Collective" pack. I can definitely see them adding Guinan to a themed pack.
  • Hunter247Hunter247 ✭✭✭✭
    I think making Guinan or whatever Gauntlet character there is at the time, the reward for rank 1 would be a mistake. People would just spend to get rank 1, which requires little skill or planning. Which means players who dont spend as much or at all would even have a less chance of getting them. Maybe they could fix the drop rate odds, that would certainly help.

There is no skill or planning with the current system. It is simply rolling a fixed dice and hoping for a result
  • This is quite a rant!

It's just luck of the draw. I've come first or second in my last 20 gauntlets or so and have had streaks up to 30. I have three Guinan's (which according to my progress thing means I average a Guinan for every 4,000 goes in Gauntlet). I got two of those in a day and nothing since. It's just a game.
  • {DD} Smelly{DD} Smelly ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have to admit, the fact that I have never gotten a guinan and others have gotten her enough to FF her twice over is one of the things that REALLY angers me about this game, and it is exactly the reason I refuse to spend 1 more dilithium crystal in the gauntlet. And now that she's being removed, it angers me even more, because the walls of guinan won't simply go away. So I will most likely be permanently be disadvantaged against the multitude of players that HAVE been lucky enough to get her. Gauntlet IS broken and it won't be fixed until enough of us vote with our wallets.
  • Both Guinan and Locutus came off a 3 streak for me early after their respective releases. I'm almost certain that's how the Caretaker will come to me.
    Drunken Dahar Masters is recruiting active players.
    PM for details.

So long and thanks for all the fish.
  • Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    LilBangers wrote: »
    I would like to thank you all for allowing my rant. Either the RNG or DB heard and gunian dropped from this past gauntlet.

I guess complaining does help some times.

This is golden.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • I can't wait for Guinan to go away. The character (and the actress) have always annoyed me. In fact I've gotten her 3x on gauntlet and have airlocked her each time 😀
  • JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Almost 2/3 of the forumers have Guinan or both ... *sniff* ... and I don't have any of them. :(
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am lucky enough to have FF her; mostly from win streaks and one from 2nd place, one from 3rd place. One fleetmate has FF her and airlocked 5 additional copies! Crazy eh?

Looking forward to the Caretaker, I hope he has decent rolls or a voyage beast.
    Jim
    DB: Do Better
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I will most likely be permanently be disadvantaged against the multitude of players that HAVE been lucky enough to get her. Gauntlet IS broken and it won't be fixed until enough of us vote with our wallets.
    I think she is less of an advantage than having Locutus but I get what you are saying. They should add her to the honour hall or as an achievement reward to give others the opportunity to claim her.

Jim

DB: Do Better
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    sexy_lady wrote: »
    I can't wait for Guinan to go away. The character (and the actress) have always annoyed me. In fact I've gotten her 3x on gauntlet and have airlocked her each time 😀

I can’t stand Whoopi Goldberg either but I'm not going to let those feelings hurt me here. But, if seeing Guinan’s face makes you want to throw your phone into a lake, maybe this is the best for you.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guinan is great in voyages, but if people want to airlock her fine with me. I shall reap all the benefits.
    Let’s fly!
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    I thought about Guinan too and Whoopi Goldberg playing her.

Guinan is a bartender. One.usually think of bartenders as having a harsher language. I think they missed the chance for Guinan having her own alien swear words. And I think Whoopi would then have been great in the role. Instead they make her some wise old sage. And when you think of Whoopi with her normal speech including swear words, it just does not work. I continual find myself being pulled out of the Star Trek fantasy when Guinan was on the screen. But I cannot fault her, her acting is still good.
  • For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭
    WaldoMag wrote: »
    I thought about Guinan too and Whoopi Goldberg playing her.

Guinan is a bartender. One.usually think of bartenders as having a harsher language. I think they missed the chance for Guinan having her own alien swear words. And I think Whoopi would then have been great in the role. Instead they make her some wise old sage. And when you think of Whoopi with her normal speech including swear words, it just does not work. I continual find myself being pulled out of the Star Trek fantasy when Guinan was on the screen. But I cannot fault her, her acting is still good.

I liked Whoopi's wise bartender interpretation. She was great at it.

And she still had some more "Whoopi" moments, like when she had the shotgun, or that moment when she told Geordi that she was into bald men (which always seemed very out-of-nowhere to me, despite the context). I think the casting was on the whole great, so I'm sure exactly what you're referring to with Whoopi taking you out of it.
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor