Home The Bridge

New 5* Tora Ziyal!

With apologies to my Vorta friends, who will naturally be unable to appreciate the fine artwork she's holding up, it's fantastic to welcome Tora Ziyal to Timelines!

Way, way back when, Ziyal was one of three characters who came very close to advancing to the original final in the "most desired Timelines character" tournament I ran on the old forums. She, Vic Fontaine and One were all neck-and-neck-and-neck for that honour, and all three have since been added to the game.

On behalf of Timelines strong contingent of Niners, thanks DB!

P.S. Of the finalists, the Borg Queen and Harry Mudd have arrived; now it's just a matter of getting TNG's Commander Shelby into the game.

Comments

• PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    I take this also as proof that sometimes DB does listen, just takes a while and persistence sometimes. However, I won't be even trying for this character as much as I want her, as she's pack only and I have all the 4s FFed.

So color me encouraged and disappointed at the same time.

Wish she'd been event.
  • Nice. Good luck gettin her for cheap...
    DB = Climbing up an endless wall...
  • DraftedMcCoyDraftedMcCoy ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Awesome she’s in there!
    Chances if actually getting her are probably slim. Those packs with 6+ characters are pits to fall into
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    DB if you sub in Apollo and Command Hologram for Arex and Marla, I will buy this pack.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Brunt, FCABrunt, FCA ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    FINALLY. Wish she was the free 500th instead of pack only though
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    From Shan's announcement post...
    Tora Ziyal 5*

FE/FF level 100
    DIP 1147 (197-429)
    MED 849 (192-505)

FE 1/5 level 100
    DIP 757 (197-429)
    MED 401 (192-505)

Traits: Cardassian, Bajoran, Romantic, Civilian, Artist
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad to see her finally in game (she's been a request since day one), too bad she's in a pack where I have all of the 4's immortal. Not going fishing for golds with their poor drop rate...
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    FINALLY

Time to update my signature

EDIT: Someone flagged this post? Seriously? Am I not allowed to express excitement unless there's a dissertation attached?

Dude when I saw she was added I was so pumped for you haha, we've talked about how needed she was for awhile
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too bad she's only 2 skilled tho
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    I expected a bunch of complaints that they used the wrong actress.
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dralix wrote: »

Well they used the actress that was in the most eps so that'd be a lame complaint lol
  • JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Her stats are disappointing. :( And for 6500 Dilithium and a 33% chance, no way for me, sorry. :( However, she's a cutie and her artwork is better than others recently. ^^
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yateball wrote: »
    Dralix wrote: »

Well they used the actress that was in the most eps so that'd be a lame complaint lol

You say lame complaint as if that matters.
  • Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ivanstone wrote: »
    DB if you sub in Apollo and Command Hologram for Arex and Marla, I will buy this pack.

Funny you should mention that. I bought one and got a behold with CH in it. All honor unfortunately.
  • For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭
    FINALLY

EDIT: Someone flagged this post? Seriously? Am I not allowed to express excitement unless there's a dissertation attached?

Dude when I saw she was added I was so pumped for you haha, we've talked about how needed she was for awhile

Haha, I almost tagged you in my post, just so you didn't miss the news :P

Honestly though, it'll be such a dil sink to try and get her, I don't know if I can do it. :(

Maybe one day the Dabo gods will bless me
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    FINALLY

Honestly though, it'll be such a dil sink to try and get her, I don't know if I can do it. :(

I got her in my 3rd 10x pack woooo :D
    FINALLY

:open_mouth: Jealous!

And regarding the actress...while I love the art they did for her, my preferred actress is actually the second one. I thought she looked the most like a Bajoran/Cardassian mix. The third actress was a little too Cardassian looking, but she still did a great job acting-wise, and she is the most-seen Ziyal, so I'm not going to complain about her being the one in the game.

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I've wanted Ziyal forever, I'm not buying a pack when I have 2 of the SR immortal. Sigh.
  • The only char I had FF in this pack was Marla Maples. Of course that guarantees I got her again.

But I also got Sulan from a behold. Guess I’ll count this as a draw.
  • While I've wanted Ziyal forever, I'm not buying a pack when I have 2 of the SR immortal. Sigh.

This is a crowded boat we’re in...
    DB = Climbing up an endless wall...
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    FINALLY

And regarding the actress...while I love the art they did for her, my preferred actress is actually the second one. I thought she looked the most like a Bajoran/Cardassian mix. The third actress was a little too Cardassian looking, but she still did a great job acting-wise, and she is the most-seen Ziyal, so I'm not going to complain about her being the one in the game.

You're talking about the actress that got all steamy with Garak in the Sauna right? I did dig her....
  • GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    The only char I had FF in this pack was Marla Maples. Of course that guarantees I got her again.

But I also got Sulan from a behold. Guess I’ll count this as a draw.

Ha, I totally also call her Marla Maples. Gives me a chuckle every time. And I have her FF, along with Vic, which is why I sadly can't buy this pack.
  • Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah much as Ziyal would be nice, I can't touch this pack with a ten-foot pole or longer.
    I have Vic FF, Marla FF, and Arex FF.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree Nairne, it's great to finally see her in this game, and thanks as always for doing those terrific polls and brackets!

giphy.gif
  • Yeah much as Ziyal would be nice, I can't touch this pack with a ten-foot pole or longer.

Like you, I have all the SR FF'ed, but Ziyal might be worth one pull try. I need more stars for Leo and Uhura so it won't be a complete loss if I get any of the 5*s.
    We are recruiting for our sister fleet, Mirror Klingon Marauders! Contact me via private message if interested
    FINALLY

You're talking about the actress that got all steamy with Garak in the Sauna right? I did dig her....

That's her exactly! She was my favourite, and I loved that episode (Garak's first impression when a pretty girl wants to go to the sauna with him? "She's going to murder me". Brilliant!).

Maybe we'll get a Sauna Ziyal in the future? :P

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • Awesome she’s in there!
    Chances if actually getting her are probably slim. Those packs with 6+ characters are pits to fall into

The nice thing here is that you can play the long game. DB released 5* Damar in pack only, and I spent my supply of dilithium in an ultimately futile attempt to get him. Some months later, though, he popped as a behold for me. I clicked his picture so fast!
  • das411 wrote: »
    Agree Nairne, it's great to finally see her in this game, and thanks as always for doing those terrific polls and brackets!

giphy.gif

Thanks! It gives me an excuse to rewatch Trek, so I've been happy to do them.
  • Yeah much as Ziyal would be nice, I can't touch this pack with a ten-foot pole or longer.

I also have those three FF, but tried once, and surprise I received Ziyal!