Home The Bridge

Cadet Challenge: The United Federation Needs to be Reworked or Replaced

Hi all,

With all the recent changes in the game I have been looking hard at the cadet challenges to see if they fit in to the current meta or are old dated dinosaurs. Out of all of them TUF stands out as dated and not scaled properly to the current meta. The Advanced United Federation does not scale very well also but for F2P or monthly card players that may be the only way they have to get purple rep rations so its ok.

With shuttles giving out trainers like candy 1 gold trainer for the max epic TUF mission is a joke. As I see it one of the biggest bottlenecks in this game right now for for all levels of players is credits. I would love to see TUF reworked to be a credit mission. I think the days of TUF being relevant and meaningful are done and long gone. Please change this cadet challenge to something meaningful.

Comments

• Love the idea of TUF changing to a credit challenge. Credits are now the scarce item with rep rations and trainers coming from voyages.

I would also rework the item rewards to make it give more faction only items.
    We are recruiting for our sister fleet, Mirror Klingon Marauders! Contact me via private message if interested
  • I am all for more opportunities at obtaining Credits!
    There are three ways to do something; the right way, the wrong way, and the Janeway.

DB: Do Better.

Member of Starship Trista
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find it interesting that people are suddenly complaining about credits. I'm still overflowing with credits. Even replicating 4* or 5* items I haven't had a problem.
  • AviTrek wrote: »
    I find it interesting that people are suddenly complaining about credits. I'm still overflowing with credits. Even replicating 4* or 5* items I haven't had a problem.

To quote so many other online games... Pls free!!! OMG plis! You have many!!

A couple of weeks ago I was telling a friend that credits are like raindrops in Britain - no one wants them, but they're here all the time no matter what you do. Now I'm broke as a joke, and am very supportive of the OP's idea of adding credits in place of trainers.
    ~|~|~ Rise of the Phoenix member ~|~|~

Captain level 50, approaching 100 immortals

All you need to know about Disruptor Beam
  • AviTrek wrote: »

With the introduction of Voyages, it is easier to level up more crew with more Chrons, components, and Replicator Rations being handed out. A lot of us have a lot of crew to level. If I needed five 5* equipment replicated (at VIP14), that is 1,250,000 Credits needed in one day. Add to that any other equipment being crafted, and it adds up very fast.
    There are three ways to do something; the right way, the wrong way, and the Janeway.

DB: Do Better.

Member of Starship Trista
  • FutureImperfectaFutureImperfecta ✭✭✭✭✭
    So long as it doesn't long road, lead to a Voyages nerf, in great with the op plan
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    [KM] Videm wrote: »
    I would also rework the item rewards to make it give more faction only items.

I'll gladly co-sign this, and add that ACF drops also merit some revamping.
  • The game has always been about creating artificial scarcity. When you have a lot of chrons, you'll be gated by faction items or credits, if you're replicating around them. But that's not true of everyone. If you're not using the replicator frequently on high cost items, you'll have plenty of credits from the daily rewards.
    Proud Former Admiral of eXodus
    Proud Former Officer of The Gluten Empire

Retired 12-14-20. So long, and thanks for all the cat pics!
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would rather it be revamped to give out Merits instead of Credits.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • The game has always been about creating artificial scarcity. When you have a lot of chrons, you'll be gated by faction items or credits, if you're replicating around them. But that's not true of everyone. If you're not using the replicator frequently on high cost items, you'll have plenty of credits from the daily rewards.

This. I'll admit that I saw an an initial and rapid net loss in credits the first week after voyages released, on account of suddenly being able to vault characters left and right like a drunken sailor. But then it quickly stabilized after I burned through all of the low hanging fruit and ran through my trainer surplus.

It kind of mystifies me to hear that people would replicate 5* anything except in the most extreme circumstances...Icheb's Outfit, Geordi's Toolbox, and the like...I might be able to understand. But standard replicator use should not be cleaning people out, if they are active and do their dailies/cadets at least semi-regularly.
    First Officer - Task Force April
    Squadron Leader - [TFA] Bateson’s Bulldogs
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    The game has always been about creating artificial scarcity. When you have a lot of chrons, you'll be gated by faction items or credits, if you're replicating around them. But that's not true of everyone. If you're not using the replicator frequently on high cost items, you'll have plenty of credits from the daily rewards.

This. I'll admit that I saw an an initial and rapid net loss in credits the first week after voyages released, on account of suddenly being able to vault characters left and right like a drunken sailor. But then it quickly stabilized after I burned through all of the low hanging fruit and ran through my trainer surplus.

It kind of mystifies me to hear that people would replicate 5* anything except in the most extreme circumstances...Icheb's Outfit, Geordi's Toolbox, and the like...I might be able to understand. But standard replicator use should not be cleaning people out, if they are active and do their dailies/cadets at least semi-regularly.

I'll replicate 5* when ingredients include multiple 4* incense or other extremely annoying/expensive items. I've also replicated higher level Encoded Communiques because of all the Translation Algorithms at 9.2 chrons each it requires.
  • This. I'll admit that I saw an an initial and rapid net loss in credits the first week after voyages released, on account of suddenly being able to vault characters left and right like a drunken sailor. But then it quickly stabilized after I burned through all of the low hanging fruit and ran through my trainer surplus.

Huh? Why wouldn't I replicate a legendary item. They usually require a large number of faction items or low return item. If I have the replicator rations through voyages to replicate it, why wouldn't I? Are you suggesting I sit on hundreds of rep rations instead?

• Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the introduction of voyages, I find myself replicating 2* Faction items most frequently. I would reserve 5* replicates to items that take a good deal of faction items I'm otherwise short on. I don't look at chron cost so much anymore...