Home The Bridge
Options

How much dil does it take to clear 20 hour voyage achievement?

2»

Comments

• Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    20 is impossible at this time. We ran the numbers at one point. The skill checks grow beyond what's possible with the current crew. A few of the top players have hit 10 hours with no refill, but for most players 8 is the best they can do.
  • Options
    I have run a few down to the last AM, think just under 7 was my best
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    No you will never be able to go 20 hrs without dilithium but u will be able to go longer than u currently do and db may add a 15 hr achievement or boost the 20 hr achievement to make it more worth your while. I think the current 20 hr achievement does not justify the cost and so I am waiting.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, it’s nowhere close to being possible.
  • Options
    Not sure how good the crew would need to be be to hit a 20hr voyage without a re-fill!

Cant be done
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mbannar wrote: »
    Not sure how good the crew would need to be be to hit a 20hr voyage without a re-fill!

Cant be done
    Nah its just not possible without spending Dil. Perhaps DB will add some kind of voyage boost to starbase rooms but alas, until then the best I can do without a refill is around the 8hr mark.

Jim

DB: Do Better
  • Options
    CloneClone ✭✭✭
    It cost me 1009 dilithium when I did it.
  • Options
    Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Consider the following crew:

Captain Lorca x 4 (CMD/DIP slots)
    Borg Queen x 2 (ENG slots)
    Kahless x 2 (SEC slots)
    First Officer Burnham x 2 (SCI slots)
    Delta Flier Paris x 2 (MED slots)

With maximum starbases, you would have a CMD score of 20,026

Let's assume your voyage hits CMD hazards every single time (ridiculous, I know, but let's go with it).

Starting AM value of 2950 (Max possible right now).

With all of those assumptions, you would stop passing missions around 16 hours in (and rise to around 4200 AM). That 4200 AM would last until a little past 19 hours.

So, in short, it is completely impossible, given current stats, to reach 20 hours without a refill.
  • Options
    Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    It really depends. If you are planning a long voyage like that, it's important to do it when you can max your anti-matter at 2,950 for the voyage so you need fewer refills. That will eliminate at ;east 1 refill from your trip. So you have to do it when you can use a 2500 point ship with the 150 ship bonus and then all 12 crew have to have the correct trait.
  • Options
    I spent about 1100, but my voyage did go just past 23 hours because of poor timing on my part.
    Drunken Dahar Masters is recruiting active players.
    PM for details.

So long and thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    {DD} Smelly{DD} Smelly ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for all the helpful advice. I used that calculator to optimize a voyage for a 20 hour run and sent it out an hour ago. It says I should be able to make it to the 8:50 mark before I need my first refill, and I should be able to do it with only 5 refills for 1050 dil. If the calculator is fairly accurate on my first refill I'm going for it. I'll let you know how it goes.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    My hint is to do a 5h45' to 5h55' voyage with 2950 AM and refill every 2h15' ... with two good primary skills, the first refill will take you 3h or more which wil take one refill away in the long run to 20 hours.

Refill 1: 5h45' to 5h55'
    Refill 2: 8h55'
    Refill 3: 11h10'
    Refill 4: 13h25'
    Refill 5: 15h40'
    Refill 6: 17h55'
    End: 20h10'

The first two refills should only cost about 150 dil together, the other four about 650 dil together ... :)

Good job. I was assuming always failing after refill. However, you are right you do not always fail on first refill. Of course, you underestimated the refill time which is good too. You will get slightly farther in time than 2:15 min. But, it might be possible If one starts with a failure and ends with a failure your time estimate might be right.
  • Options
    1500 dil is safe with any crew that you would bother staffing a voyage with and a 5* (2500 AM) ship.

The voyage estimator has a 20 hour feature to estimate the dilithium needed with your specific crew.
  • Options
    Ran my 20 hour last week. After never breaking the 8 hr mark without a refill, got to 8 hr, 25min. That allowed me to to be sure of making 20 hours on 6 refills. Made it past the 21 hour mark. Cost 982 dil, but got 5 purple cards and 1344 chronitons. Unfortunately, of the 5 purples, 4 were already fully fused, the other made a 2/4 into a 3/4. I would have been fine with it if I had a little better luck on the purples. I was hoping for 6 to 7 and being able to use at least 3 would have been nice.
  • Options
    Sall we say, one million American dollars?

No? Very well then. Two million.

hey8ey9btbg2.png
    First Officer - Task Force April
    Squadron Leader - [TFA] Bateson’s Bulldogs
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    WaldoMag wrote: »
    My hint is to do a 5h45' to 5h55' voyage with 2950 AM and refill every 2h15' ... with two good primary skills, the first refill will take you 3h or more which wil take one refill away in the long run to 20 hours.

Refill 1: 5h45' to 5h55'
    Refill 2: 8h55'
    Refill 3: 11h10'
    Refill 4: 13h25'
    Refill 5: 15h40'
    Refill 6: 17h55'
    End: 20h10'

The first two refills should only cost about 150 dil together, the other four about 650 dil together ... :)

Good job. I was assuming always failing after refill. However, you are right you do not always fail on first refill. Of course, you underestimated the refill time which is good too. You will get slightly farther in time than 2:15 min. But, it might be possible If one starts with a failure and ends with a failure your time estimate might be right.

Meow, thankies. :) I actually cal-Q-lated a bit of Q-ish safety puffer in case sumfin goes wrong. ^^
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")