Home The Bridge
Options

What happened to Kirk, Picard, and Sisko

Ace BoogieAce Boogie ✭✭✭
edited February 2018 in The Bridge
I don’t even know what I’m trying to say here. Was just looking at the event list and realized how long it’s been. I know it took them a year to get Picard in an event the first time.

Imho event quality has gone down since the discovery mega event. I’m not even one of the discovery haters. It’s been 3 mega events since we saw these 3. Seems like a lot of “mirror” cards, discovery crew, and andorians shoved down my throat.

I think I just miss the old days.

Last Kirk 4/17 - Gangster Kirk
Last Picard 6/17 - Robin Hood
Last Sisko 7/17 - 1701 Sisko

I’m not counting gunshow Picard for several reasons but the main one is picard variants did not give a bonus.

Comments

• Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    But we finally did get a Scotty event.
    That being said, I'd be up for a return of these three captains. Of course, Archer's not had one as well. Only Janeway has been featured of the legacy Trek series.
  • Options
    I could go for a Formal Dress Picard
    A Vic's Lounge Sisko and a..
    (Scrunches face) umm.. hmm
    Where no man has gone before sweater uniform Kirk ?

Hmm..
    I do not know which Kirk..
    Journey to Bable Kirk ?

Tribbles Kirk ?
    (All his parts could just be different colored tribbles that have fallen upon him ?)
  • Options
    "Ghost Kirk" from "The Tholian Web"!
    We could also have "Nightdress Uhura" from that episode.
    I'd also love to see "Jack the Ripper Scotty".
    "There are two types of beings in the universe - those who dance, and those who do not."
  • Options
    Skydiving Kirk from generations.
    Task Force Pike: We are recruiting!

Task Force Pike/Garrett's Giants, Founder

Task Force April, Fleet Founder Emeritus

Newfie Central, Squad Founder, In Memoriam
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Janeway is also not being used in as many events...she wasnt in this last mega events finale (i know i know...im trolling now huh? :wink: i couldn't resist)
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Star bright teeth Kirk with in game animated gif, limited edition though of course.
    Then there is:
    Half naked wrestling Kirk
    Gorn wrestling Kirk
    Mind wrestling Kirk (dagger of the mind)

I'm sure there is plenty more
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well Burnham, Janeway and Riker happened.
  • Options
    I completely agree, and this is one of the things Ive been noticing lately.
  • Options
    RennJaxoRennJaxo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want a version of Kirk in his 70s pajama-leisure suit (even though it was the 80s) from Voyage Home.
  • Options
    Ace Boogie wrote: »
    I don’t even know what I’m trying to say here. Was just looking at the event list and realized how long it’s been. I know it took them a year to get Picard in an event the first time.

Imho event quality has gone down since the discovery mega event. I’m not even one of the discovery haters. It’s been 3 mega events since we saw these 3. Seems like a lot of “mirror” cards, discovery crew, and andorians shoved down my throat.

I think I just miss the old days.

Last Kirk 4/17 - Gangster Kirk
    Last Picard 6/17 - Robin Hood
    Last Sisko 7/17 - 1701 Sisko

I’m not counting gunshow Picard for several reasons but the main one is picard variants did not give a bonus.

Have you heard the good word of Michael Burnham?

No other characters are needed anymore. We have Burnham. Burnham is us. All hail Burnham.
    Immortalized: 465
    Tour of duty: January 2016 to present.
    Shut up Wesley.
  • Options
    For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭
    RennJaxo wrote: »
    I want a version of Kirk in his 70s pajama-leisure suit (even though it was the 80s) from Voyage Home.

They had leisure suits in the 80s, they were just Miami Vice style.
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • Options
    There was that Mirror Picard in the mirror mega event. Sure it was just him but he was there.
  • Options
    Female Klingon QFemale Klingon Q ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    tumblr_inline_mqf8nqkD7b1qz4rgp.gif

Here’s another Kirk dark horse: Kirk lester
    Task Force Pike: We are recruiting!

Task Force Pike/Garrett's Giants, Founder

Task Force April, Fleet Founder Emeritus

Newfie Central, Squad Founder, In Memoriam
  • Options
    So...how about a Captains mega event? We can finally get some Archer, and some new Picard, Sisko, Kirk cards.

Hell, maybe even a Janeway.

We at the very least need everyone in dress uniforms, especially the DS9 white ones (I love those, they look very naval), and it's a great excuse to throw in Captain Spock.

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • Options
    DraftedMcCoyDraftedMcCoy ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018

Somehow I want this as well, but damn its hideous. Also, Kirk completes the set, as the costumes were pretty much the same from III to IV. Checkov’s outfit changes

9f1z3qam41i0.jpeg

• Options
    So...how about a Captains mega event? We can finally get some Archer, and some new Picard, Sisko, Kirk cards.

We at the very least need everyone in dress uniforms, especially the DS9 white ones (I love those, they look very naval), and it's a great excuse to throw in Captain Spock.

I like this idea. If we got new versions of all of the main Captains (and Spock!), there should be something in there for fans of each series.
  • Options
    Where's my Klingon Sisko?!?
  • Options

Somehow I want this as well, but damn its hideous. Also, Kirk completes the set, as the costumes were pretty much the same from III to IV. Checkov’s outfit changes

9f1z3qam41i0.jpeg

Yeah, Voyage Home Kirk would be great, especially since we now have Gillian Taylor.

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • Options
    IkritIkrit ✭✭✭
    We have had versions of them released since those dates, at least. Niners sisko, smitten picard, admiral and rura penthe kirk.

But we totally need events with them. At the very least, reruns. Something to remind us that there is more to Star Trek than Burnham (and Janeway).
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    We did have a Mirror Picard that ran all December in the mirror event month. And we did have a new Rura Penthe Kirk and a Gabriel Bell Sisko added recently but only in packs.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    We did have a Mirror Picard that ran all December in the mirror event month. And we did have a new Rura Penthe Kirk and a Gabriel Bell Sisko added recently but only in packs.

Mirror Picard doesn't really scratch the itch for canon-Picard though.

Also, pack-only crew are less accessible than event crew, and even then, those packs were some time ago IIRC.

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • Options
    I'll sign pretty much any petition asking for more Sisko.
  • Options

I like this idea. If we got new versions of all of the main Captains (and Spock!), there should be something in there for fans of each series.

I think they did a 'Captain Event' before, although a one off rather than a mega-event. Perhaps unsurprisingly, forum users spent rather a long time bickering and quibbling over what constituted the definition of a captain.
  • Options
    TcalTcal ✭✭✭
    Janeway isn't what she used to be. She wasn't even featured in the last mega event
  • Options
    Janeway is also not being used in as many events...she wasnt in this last mega events finale (i know i know...im trolling now huh? :wink: i couldn't resist)

Well as long as we're trolling ...
    We still have less Janeways than Picards so I guess nobody wants to see him again anytime soon. lol

Seriously though, I would like to see Sisko, Archer and maybe another Kirk (to catch up with Janeway).

• Options
    IkritIkrit ✭✭✭
    Mordack wrote: »

I think they did a 'Captain Event' before, although a one off rather than a mega-event. Perhaps unsurprisingly, forum users spent rather a long time bickering and quibbling over what constituted the definition of a captain.

The "Captain" event had Morgan Bateson, Captain Sulu, and John Harriman as event crew. All Starfleet Captains were bonus crew. They had to have the rank of Captain (Mirror Sisko didn't count) and actually be in Starfleet (Capt Q didn't count). Crew like Capt La Forge who are the only variant who is a Capt did count.

Of course, there were a lot fewer Captains in the game at the time, but that event with Brutal, Doctor, and Spiritual shows that DB doesn't care about the number of bonus crew
  • Options
    Yes, more Bateson please!
  • Options

Well as long as we're trolling ...
    We still have less Janeways than Picards so I guess nobody wants to see him again anytime soon. lol

Seriously though, I would like to see Sisko, Archer and maybe another Kirk (to catch up with Janeway).

Definitely more Siskos!!