Home The Bridge
Options

2/26/2018 - Special Offers Thread

Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
Latest round of special offers are out. No 10 for 10$ but dilithum overload, 1000 Dil for 10$, enough to buy a single pack or 1/3 of 5 extra crew slots

An easy miss for me (as most of the special offers are), but at least it wasn't a ship schematic pack for ships I have maxed already.

Jim
DB: Do Better

Comments

• Options
    Fly the Fleet - Patrol the Galaxy

Completely worthless schematics pack.
  • Options
    Dilithium Overload for me again (it's been either that or "Sail the Starry Skies" for over 2 months now)

Will never buy it...easy pass once again (money went on my other game)

Korrin
  • Options
    This one popped up for me - “Grow Your Crew” - 15 Premium packs and 1500 dilithium for $24.99....very tempting.
  • Options
    PenguinJimPenguinJim ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Borgy schematics thingy... 1300 and 1000 schematics each for the Borg "Scout" Ship and Boeing 878... errr... Borg 878 Sphere, for just $10! It took all of my willpower to resist.
  • Options
    I only have the sail the starry skies offer available. :(
  • Options
    Another Dilithium Overload..... Nope! :)
  • Options
    I only have the sail the starry skies offer available. :(

Same. Since i have the ships already maxed while needing to add stars to crew, it's a bit of 'rub my face in it' rude not to be offered crew packs.
    ~ seeking out new life
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one popped up for me - “Grow Your Crew” - 15 Premium packs and 1500 dilithium for $24.99....very tempting.

Yeah I got that one as well. Was thinking of breaking my normal rule and buying DIL to chase Feisty Guinan as I hit the 2nd part dilemma -- Might do this instead and essentially get 15 packs for 5$ more than I would for just the DIL.
  • Options

also had this one. i pulled the trigger 1 legend and mostly beholds of crew i own
  • Options
    Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol, Borg schematics, that's just funny.

Easy no.
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got "Honorable Crew", which is 1500 chronitons & 2000 honor, for $13.99 (CDN) - I am guessing $9.99 (USD).

Easy pass.
  • Options
    Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mine was the $99 Exceed Your Dreams pack

25 10xPremium Portal Packs + 5,000 chronitons and 4,000 dilithium
  • Options
    Sail the Starry Skies for me... Good news I guess, makes me save my money.
  • Options

That’s what I got too. I’m not going to buy. It just ends up being all duplicates and the honor is not worth it.
  • Options
    Dilithum Overload, an easy pass for me. I got the $10 10x10 deal last week, I feel like they throw that one at me when I haven't spent money in awhile.
  • Options
    [QH] Oxmyx[QH] Oxmyx ✭✭✭✭
    I was offered 3000 chrons and 3000 dil plus 15 portal packs for $50. If they had been all behold then I probably would have bought it but with the pool so diluted no thanks.
    Fleet= Quarks Holosuite
  • Options
    I got the Honorable Crew which I never buy as I don't feel it's worth it. I wouldn't have liked the 10x10 offer, but I don't think I've had at all this year.
  • Options
    Iconic Crew. 30 premium 10x portals plus 1500 dilithium for 49.99

I bought the "grow your crew" last week.
  • Options
    Honorable Pursuits.
    750Chron/750Dilith/2000 Honor $12.99cnd
    100% nope

Keep the Chronitons,
    Boost the honor by.. 20x and another 250 Dilithium.. ok.

• Options
    Mr. LincolnMr. Lincoln ✭✭✭✭✭
    DB could look at my purchase record and see that I never once have bought schematics. Why keep trying to sell me Borg cubes?
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    11500 Dilithium for $100 for me. Out of my price range.

Scott

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    I will literally never buy ship schematics I already own. Never.

It's bizarre I get the offer. Not remotely annoyed - if anything when I got the "special" 10x10 pack offer every week for a month it stopped being special so buying it became a decision rather than an impulse - so I don't get annoyed when I get consistently rubbish ones, would just make sense for them to throw me something that isn't schematics - which their data MUST show I've never bought, every once in a while.
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know why DB doesn't just give players options when it comes to deals. There are a certain few that I may jump at, yet for months I've gotten garbage offers that were easy to pass on. My purchase history alone should give them better guidance.

Purchase options put all players on equal footing, while likely leading to increased revenue for DB. Hard to see how that isn't a 'win-win'...
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018

I assume you did not buy this offer. I was wondering how many x10 packs would it take to maybe consider it. My first thought was double the packs, but that is still a lousy offer. However, if one pulls 5 legendaries, which the odds of 1 in 10x10 packs, says should happen it is not that bad. But when you compare to 10 for$10, it just does not make it. I would say it at least needs to be 60 x10 prem. packs. That would have the 4000 dil. and 5000 Chron costing $40.

But the biggest problem is they still have not updated the portal. So in buying any pack offer we are stuck waiting for update before we can use them. I believe this is why the SR citations were popular. That and, the under valuing of dismissed crew for honor, mainly legendary and superrare.
  • Options
    I wonder why they've never included offers with Legendary Beholds from the honor hall before? I don't think I'd consider spending $50 or especially $100 on an offer now without a few guaranteed Legendaries involved. The drop rate from the Premium Portal can be pretty fickle, and even the $10 deal feels pretty disappointing to me now if I don't pull at least two gold cards.
  • Options
    I finally got a 10 for $10 again. Might get this one, although I still have a few unopened packs due to the Great Crew Migration of January clogging up inventory slots. Time to start sending DSC people to the freezer...
    Immortalized: 465
    Tour of duty: January 2016 to present.
    Shut up Wesley.
  • Options
    Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    WaldoMag wrote: »

I assume you did not buy this offer.

Correct. It's not a great offer. They offer 15 10xPremium +3,000 chronitons and 3,000 dilithium for $50 so you would think $100 would be 30 10xPremium + 6,000 chronitons and 6,000 dilithium, even though both offers say 400% value. Not sure how the $50 offer can be a 400% value and then have the $100 offer, with the exact same items being offered in different quantities that are not double, can also be considered a 400% value.

Either way, until the portal is updated, I have no interest.

• Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    something for Borg schematics for €11.

Not interested at all even if I spent money on the game.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Althea Biermont

That 400% value is definitely misleading.

Iconic crew $50 30x10prem. 1500 dil. $25 Grow your crew 15x10prem. and 1500 dil. have same problem and 400% value.