Home The Bridge
Options

Very Pleased with Vault and Collection Additions

eXo | Cadet MatteXo | Cadet Matt ✭✭✭✭
edited February 2018 in The Bridge
I know I've been critical of DB on a number of issues in the past so feel it's only fair to acknowledge the good work as well.

First, the sorting and search functions to the vault are much needed QOL improvements and I am appreciative of the additions. Second, having collected 310 immortalized crew, I can't tell you how pleased I am to get some added value for the hard work put into immortalizing these crew. By basically doing nothing more than hitting the "claim" button I have thousands of additional merits and chronitons, millions of additional credits (which were much needed), a good number of buffs and some portal pulls. By adding additional value for efforts put into the game, I'm much more encouraged to continue to invest in it. Hopefully, these collections continue to grow.

Good work, DB.
Proud member of eXodus
Join the eXo|plosion today!

Comments

• Options
    This is such an outstanding development, I love the new Cryovault and Collections---well done DB!!!!!!!
  • Options
    While the collections are awesome, the search/sort features of the vault even better!

Thanks DB!!!
  • Options
    [QH] Oxmyx[QH] Oxmyx ✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely Fantastic addition!!! Much appreciated and kudos to whoever made the decision for the “prizes” I was pleasantly surprised to see the variation and value of the rewards. Well done!
    Fleet= Quarks Holosuite
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was so neat to get so much schwag that I totally forgot to use a Supply Kit. Sigh.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    I would also wish to express acknowledge for this addition. Very nice ineeded. Thank you DB team.
  • Options
    Have to say I too am very happy with this addition
  • Options
    V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    Kudos from me as well. I will get to work on this now. So many white and green I can do.
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • Options
    Agreed 100 percent. I'm not sure which I like better: the new, sortable vault or all the goodies from the new collecting feature! Today it's probably collections, but that sortable vault is going to improve my game experience every time I log in. Fantastic work, DB.
  • Options
    Ivanstone wrote: »
    It was so neat to get so much schwag that I totally forgot to use a Supply Kit. Sigh.

lol! I made the same mistake. Still managed to FE 3 Legendaries(and get Orion Vina to 80) and 2 Super Rares! Well done DB
    Immortalized crew count:
    27×1★; 45×2★; 72×3★; 121×4★; 14×5★

FE, not fused crew count:
    0×2★; 0×3★; 18×4★; 21×5★
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know I've been critical of DB on a number of issues in the past so feel it's only fair to acknowledge the good work as well.

First, the sorting and search functions to the vault are much needed QOL improvements and I am appreciative of the additions. Second, having collected 310 immortalized crew, I can't tell you how pleased I am to get some added value for the hard work put into immortalizing these crew. By basically doing nothing more than hitting the "claim" button I have thousands of additional merits and chronitons, millions of additional credits (which were much needed), a good number of buffs and some portal pulls. By adding additional value for efforts put into the game, I'm much more encouraged to continue to invest in it. Hopefully, these collections continue to grow.

Good work, DB.

Gonna check it out as soon as I get loaded. Sounds like they did a good job!!!!!

Scott

What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Options
    JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice and generous additions DB, thanks for implementing these features...
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got part-way through and game froze. {Happens. Seems like it also freezes the Facebook Page for Game, so I have to re-open it, to click link to open game. Usually okay after that.} Reloading now, but the additions are AWESOME!!!!!!!
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Options
    Totally agreed. I've always been a collector first and foremost. Even more so now that I don't really have the time to devote to competing for top-50 event finishes like I used to, having legitimate rewards for purely collecting is awesome. Well done, DB.
    Immortalized: 465
    Tour of duty: January 2016 to present.
    Shut up Wesley.
  • Options
    Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since they have Common, Uncommon and Rare collections, I hope to see collections for Super Rare and Legendary soon.
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really don't have that many words to add, but I second the emotions expressed above. This has been done very well.
  • Options
    Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    A collecting game now has an in-game measure of how well you have collected? I'm amazed something like this hasn't been a part of the game since its inception.

Well done.
  • Options
    Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since they have a collection of the Western characters, I'm guessing we will see future themed collections for specific episodes where there are multiple versions of crew from that episode. Like a Niners team or the Arachnia holostory or Age of Sail.

I'd also like to see series specific collections for TOS, TAS, STNG, DS9, VOY, ENT, DIS, etc.
  • Options
    Sooo many chrons.. I'm guessing most people will blow them in the next event, which means if you don't save them for the event you probably can't hope for more than threshold.

But overall it looks good.
  • Options
    Since they have a collection of the Western characters, I'm guessing we will see future themed collections for specific episodes where there are multiple versions of crew from that episode. Like a Niners team or the Arachnia holostory or Age of Sail.

I'd also like to see series specific collections for TOS, TAS, STNG, DS9, VOY, ENT, DIS, etc.

Agreed on all of these. A voyage exclusive crew collection would be nice to give more value to spending all that honor to ff them.
    We are recruiting for our sister fleet, Mirror Klingon Marauders! Contact me via private message if interested
  • Options
    Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    The vault is finally useful!
  • Options
    Didn't they say, once upon a time, that this was not a collection game? I'm honestly not sure, but I thought I remember seeing something about that.
    [SSR] Sorin08
  • Options

Then we will need a way to sort our collections :-)
  • Options
    Very, VERY pleased with the new sort functionality within the Cryostasis vault. I received the message communication first concerning the updates to the CV and then did a reboot of the game. Upon logging back in I saw the number 16 superimposed on the icon in top right corner....93ev1d40hfp2.jpg

...and I am very happy with all the rewards collected. Thanks so much DB!
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think this is an awesome upgrade and addition, but the sorting by skill doesn't seem to work properly when it comes to cryo-frozen crew.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    IrialIrial ✭✭✭✭
    Sooo many chrons.. I'm guessing most people will blow them in the next event, which means if you don't save them for the event you probably can't hope for more than threshold.

Or you can use all these Chronitons to do lots of pre-farming ;)
  • Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    In my excitement I started blindly claiming prizes before realizing I should save them for later... :(
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • Options
    Just don't forget the supply kit!
    Immortalized crew count:
    27×1★; 45×2★; 72×3★; 121×4★; 14×5★

FE, not fused crew count:
    0×2★; 0×3★; 18×4★; 21×5★
  • Options
    kapukapu ✭✭✭
    if only hte sorting function actually sorted them correctly... cheesh

the frozen people are completely random, it is only the active that gets sorted. How am I supposed to find the good popsicles when they arent sorted by skill level.
    Captain Lvl 99; Vip0; 552 Unique Immortals; Fleet: Omega Molecules; Base Lvl 134 (MAX); Playing Since March 2016.
  • Options
    It's a substantial improvement and I'm super satisfied with it.
    Drunken Dahar Masters is recruiting active players.
    PM for details.

So long and thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Super happy with the results. Huge stacks of chronotons, credits, dilithium, merits and honor, almost immediatly got another character immortalized thanks to the portal pulls, passive starbase-like bonuses (although the trainer efficiency bonus isn't that useful for me or anyone else with thousands of extra trainers; I'm sure some people would enjoy it).