Home The Bridge

Missing Romulans

Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
I just noticed that Shinzon, and Mintaken Riker are missing from the list of romulans in the neutral zone collection.

Not that I have either, but just seems odd that they aren't there...

dr6jhmnrl8nz.png
DB: Do Better

Comments

• Umm, surely neither is Romulan? Shinzon was a human clone and the Mintakans were a pre warp civilization. Unless I've missed something?
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The collections go by traits. Minty Riker and Shinzon don't have the Romulan trait, so that's why they're not there. However, Romulan Data and Romulan Kirk each qualify, even though they were both just cosplaying. ;)

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Mintakan Riker doesn't belong, so that much is right.

Shinzon though is an oddity.
    He's a human clone, closely affiliated with the Remans and takes over the Romulan Senate. By all accounts, he really should count as part of the Romulan group. If not by his coup d'etat of the senate, then by his Reman upbringing. Since Remans and their moon belong to the Romulan government, maybe not as equals but the fact still stands they are for all intents and purposes Romulan, just like the Aenar are for all intents and purposes Andorian. Shinzon is closely tied with the Remans and thereby the Romulans as well.

The Mintakans were a proto-Vulcan species in or near Federation space and pretty much have nothing to do with the Romulans. Minatakan Riker DOES have the Vulcan trait though.

Shinzon use to actually have the Romulan trait, but they removed it for some strange reason, even before there was a Reman trait. I’m with the Lady here; I think Shinzon should have 3 traits total for species affiliation. Human, Reman, and Romulan. I mean, there are just too few Remans OR Romulans in the game to be leaving a major character like Shinzon out. For crying out loud, he controlled the Romulan government, albeit for a short period, so he definitely deserves the Romulan trait.
    Weirdly enough, I’m also Vulcan Housewife. Also, RNGesus hates me, like really, REALLY hates me.
  • MordackMordack ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    And yet, at the same time, we have Mirror Intendant Kira being Klingon, among other things. Trait consistency is not exactly DB's forté.

DB have been liberal indeed with their use of the Klington trait. Klingon Dukat has it, taken from an episode where he commandeered a Klingon ship, and Klingon Quark has it from the episode where he dressed up and used Worf's help to cheat in a duel. Neither of them are biologically Klingon.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    And yet, at the same time, we have Mirror Intendant Kira being Klingon, among other things. Trait consistency is not exactly DB's forté.

Well, when you’re a high-ranking official in the KCA, it kind of makes sense. Same with how Mirror Regent Worf has a Cardassian trait.
  • Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭
    The biggest issue for me is that we don't have a true 5* Romulan in the entire game. There are so many good choices from every series too. Romulan Commander from Balance of Terror, Commander Toreth, Senator Pardek, Senator Vreenak, Admiral Valdore...
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grant77 wrote: »
    The biggest issue for me is that we don't have a true 5* Romulan in the entire game. There are so many good choices from every series too. Romulan Commander from Balance of Terror, Commander Toreth, Senator Pardek, Senator Vreenak, Admiral Valdore...

Amen to that. Admiral Valdore would be a fantastic recurring 5* for a Earth/Romulan War Part 2 mega event. Maybe Augments vs. Romulans?
  • IkritIkrit ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Jim Steele wrote: »
    I just noticed Shinzon...[is] missing from the list of romulans in the neutral zone collection.

"He's a FAAAAAAAAKE" - Senator Vreenak (and DB, apparently)
  • Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    I am still waiting for my Romulan Mega-Event and getting people like Valdore, Bochra, Pardek, Toreth, Donatra, et al. Oh, and I definitely want that one Vulcan ambassador who turned out to be a Romulan all along! Ambassador T'Pel/Subcommander Selok. I loved that episode.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am still waiting for my Romulan Mega-Event and getting people like Valdore, Bochra, Pardek, Toreth, Donatra, et al. Oh, and I definitely want that one Vulcan ambassador who turned out to be a Romulan all along! Ambassador T'Pel/Subcommander Selok. I loved that episode.

And bouncing off my own idea here, we could include Admiral Norah Satie in the event since after all she spearheaded a huge conspiracy all based on her paranoia of the Romulans.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • TcalTcal ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    My kingdom for a Civilian trait on Guinan
    Actually...now that you mention it...whaaaaaaaa
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    My kingdom for a Civilian trait on Guinan

Yes! It drives me crazy every time I see it in Voyages and I remember she doesn't have it.
  • JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    We need Senator Vreenak and Commander Donatra ... badly! It's really hard to level those oldschool Romulans, but Romulan Data was easier than Tomalak, Rakal, Sela or Jarok! T'Rul was easier than the other Romulans in my opinion.
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")