Home The Bridge

Thank You For Doing Better

CloneClone ✭✭✭
Thank you guys for bringing back the 10-transmissions-per-faction event style and reversing course on the unpopular 6-transmission change from last month.

I know DB has gotten a bad rap lately, and it's really nice to see you guys listening to the DB: Do Better movement. Let me take this time to say how much we appreciate it. I'm looking forward to the rest of this event!

Comments

• V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    it is a repeat event
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • Hunter247Hunter247 ✭✭✭✭
    The big problem with bringing back the 10 missions is that the lag comes back.

The last faction events were much quicker but these are crippling slow. It is no fun at all when you are trying to open a mission and it is taking over a minute to load.
  • I couldn't be bothered to learn the new optimal shuttle launch sequence, so this is a breath of fresh air.

I also like the large pause between completing a mission and earning the reward, it forces me to slow down and appreciate things more and not take the rewards for granted.
    I couldn't be bothered to learn the new optimal shuttle launch sequence, so this is a breath of fresh air.

I also like the large pause between completing a mission and earning the reward, it forces me to slow down and appreciate things more and not take the rewards for granted.

You mean the gap where you click to pick up the faction reward and then you go and do something else and the reward screen appears under what you are trying to do 5 minutes later?
  • CloneClone ✭✭✭
    Hunter247 wrote: »

The last faction events were much quicker but these are crippling slow. It is no fun at all when you are trying to open a mission and it is taking over a minute to load.

I noticed the lag was already gone before the 6-transmission change happened. It was fixed by the last major client/server build before the 6-transmission change happened. What we're experiencing right now is more lag than we had in the 2 events before the 6-transmission change, so I don't think it's actually related to the number of transmissions.

Me, I'd still take this mild lag over the 6-transmission version.
  • SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    this is not indicative of DB reversing course. they just didn't apply the rule change to a re-run event. (or didn't know how to)
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • V. wrote: »
    it is a repeat event

Yes, it's a rerun. And so what? This information should be announced with BIG CAPITAL LETTERS in event's thread.
  • Very poor communication, once again.
  • SMMSMM ✭✭✭
    Clone 7 wrote: »
    Thank you guys for bringing back the 10-transmissions-per-faction event style and reversing course on the unpopular 6-transmission change from last month.

I know DB has gotten a bad rap lately, and it's really nice to see you guys listening to the DB: Do Better movement. Let me take this time to say how much we appreciate it. I'm looking forward to the rest of this event!

It was not deliberate. They forgot to change it.
  • Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018

There was no lag on my end for this event. You must just live in a bad location with poor servers.
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    This would actually be a clear violation of the "Do Better" campaign. "DB:DB" was centered around communication. Their initial communication of signaling the change is a good example where they intended on making a significant change and wanted people to be aware of it before it happened.

In this case, had they signaled, "Hey, since this is a rerun, the rules are going back to the old way because we weren't able to update this in time", then it would have been an acceptable level of communication.

Changing it without notice? Yea, that's random and NOT part of DB:DB.
    Grant77 wrote: »

There was no lag on my end for this event. You must just live in a bad location with poor servers.

Normally it is fine. It is just when faction events start. Although performance decreased with version 4 this is far worse.
  • SunshineRikerSunshineRiker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Yeah... sorry "Clone 7" but this is not a thing. I've edited our original announcement to be even more clear: "Please note this will not affect existing/re-run events that already have more than 6 unique missions."

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/3303/key-information-about-the-event-the-honor-of-andoria-faction-event-change-edited/p1?new=1
  • Yeah... sorry "Clone 7" but this is not a thing. I've edited our original announcement to be even more clear: "Please note this will not affect existing/re-run events that already have more than 6 unique missions."

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/3303/key-information-about-the-event-the-honor-of-andoria-faction-event-change-edited/p1?new=1

Womp womp.

Who are you? Mirror Shan?!
  • CloneClone ✭✭✭
    Yeah... sorry "Clone 7" but this is not a thing. I've edited our original announcement to be even more clear: "Please note this will not affect existing/re-run events that already have more than 6 unique missions."

Well, that's disappointing. Just when I thought you guys did something right and were listening to us, it turns out it was just an error.
  • S14 Bri S14 Bri ✭✭✭
    It seems DB can do no right. Come on guys!! In the last few days we’ve had:

The iPhone X update (not perfect but way better than before.

Cryo search capability

Cryo rewards from the Gods

New gauntlet crew

Back to 10 mission faction events

Have I missed anything? The game will never be perfect, but it’s improved a lot and now seems like the best time ever to be playing

Now, where’s my free dilithium for being positive, DB?
  • *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any idea why Romulan missions are dropping Augment items?

Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • I didn't get any lag for the first 20 minutes of the event. After that it was annoying but clearly not the levels it used to be. I wonder how much of that is due to people opening only 6 shuttles when they could've done 10. I found out by accident but I bet many did not.
    Admiral of the Québec Alliance Fleet. Joignez-vous à nous.
  • Yeah... sorry "Clone 7" but this is not a thing. I've edited our original announcement to be even more clear: "Please note this will not affect existing/re-run events that already have more than 6 unique missions."

Information considering number of missions allowed to open should be a standard part of every faction event. You made a mess, you should clear it. Not every new player has the time to crawl through every forum thread. You just presented very limited way of thinking.

WOMP WOMP
  • Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭

Romulan black market vendors are fencing Augment goods
  • CloneClone ✭✭✭

Inability to Do Better.
    Clone 7 wrote: »

Well, that's disappointing. Just when I thought you guys did something right and were listening to us, it turns out it was just an error.

"listening to us" would imply there's some sort of community consensus that 30 missions is preferable to 18. There is no such consensus. In fact, there were many posters here that liked the change.
  • SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    Information considering number of missions allowed to open should be a standard part of every faction event. You made a mess, you should clear it. Not every new player has the time to crawl through every forum thread. You just presented very limited way of thinking.

WOMP WOMP

In the time it takes to complain on the forum, one could figure out what strategy they're supposed to use once they actually try to open shuttles.
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • Information considering number of missions allowed to open should be a standard part of every faction event. You made a mess, you should clear it. Not every new player has the time to crawl through every forum thread. You just presented very limited way of thinking.

WOMP WOMP

In the time it takes to complain on the forum, one could figure out what strategy they're supposed to use once they actually try to open shuttles.

Yep. I alway try to open more than the max just to see. This week it worked lol

WOMP WOMP

I always open missions until it says I can't. I can't be bothered to count to 6 (or 10)!
  • Information considering number of missions allowed to open should be a standard part of every faction event. You made a mess, you should clear it. Not every new player has the time to crawl through every forum thread. You just presented very limited way of thinking.

WOMP WOMP

I did even better. I found the time for both. :wink: I noticed for myself this is a ten mission for each faction event and made a very proper comment about such recless performance.

WOMP WOMP

As I said on other thread. Never, ever trust DB's word. Always check for yourself.