Home The Bridge

Do we need new Star base rooms/upgrades now?

S14 Bri S14 Bri ✭✭✭
edited March 2018 in The Bridge
Some of us are about to max out and will lose daily chrons.... how will this impact on your fleet?

Do we need new Star base rooms/upgrades now? 108 votes

Oh God: Red Alert, Shields down, hull integrity down to 3%.... abandon ship
23%
AmphistaffProsser[TUFG] SiguardGrant77Capt AjammPallidyne[SSR]TrollhammerenBoxy McBoxfacePlasma[S14]SirManiacDrone_oneTcal<TGE> Darxide[10FH] FortKnoxMerinRowden[FF] Vice Admiral NairneTP do better!! ~Colli~ (PoF)SST - 9of7Forty-Seven 25 votes
We need this pronto, chrons are life
35%
uss_bonaventureEnders[DC] Principia[KM]Videmabegheer1[DB:Do Better] More Tranya!Jhamel[TFA] CeleresIvanstone[QH] OxmyxJim Raynor[DB - Do Better]   ProwlerCommander TuckerKTzThis Sisko1John Ham[SSR] GTMETweatherseedal103Neems 38 votes
I don’t care
9%
izausomeCaptainUnderpantsRocpile[BL] Q RaraRacingGib - Admiral Mariners•RIVIN•kapuAlfaBetaQuantum Blizzard 2.0 10 votes
Maxing Star bases and getting the benefits are enough, we don’t need the daily chrons
14%
Peachtree RexSSR BarkleySabine of Athens[NDQ] Joker41NAMV.[TUFG] Doctor XLady GaghgaghHungry Dog DDMPhotonKimPaladin 27(HGH)ApolloDavey1983CSR _WaylanderPuknutiRyanf47Captain May I. 16 votes
Ugh, another poll, this isn’t important
17%
Captain Durf[GoT] jess-gay[SoCo] Dr. AcularPaund Skumm[PAaA] Peanut3141Jim Steele[10F] NewtonianQBallsLocutus_of_Borg_(CSF) Jesus Is Lord [••••]Agge[S47] ELiLbowdyFrank?GhostStalkerZenthaneXPompeyMagnusHunter247Spocky<TGE> Clifford 19 votes

Comments

• That’s a great idea... a reward for maxing out the starbase... this would definitely help work towards finishing collections and lead to more crew acquisition...
    Come join our fleet! We're a great social group that helps each other. You play the way you want to, participate as much as you want and if you want to be competitive, you can be! Check out our fleet ad. Run, don't walk, to Quark's Holosuite!

Immortalized: 140 x 5*, 221 x 4*, 74 x 3*, 47 x 2*, 27 x 1*
  • S14 Bri S14 Bri ✭✭✭
    There is no choice for "Other" so none of the choices apply for me. I think once the Starbase is maxed, everyone in the alliance automatically should get 100 chronitons per day.

If later, new rooms or room levels are added, the automatic chronitons stop until it is again maxed.

Oops, sorry... consider ‘other’ the comments section.

There could be an increase in the potential level for each room as an emergency contingency... and then perhaps implement something more long term like new rooms, shipyards, weapons locker etc
  • [10F] Belle'Anna [10F] Belle'Anna ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure what I voted for lol.

I think a recycling room would be best now, throw your junk into it and get a few chrons and replicator rations in return. Once the starbase is maxed, that is.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Oh God: Red Alert, Shields down, hull integrity down to 3%.... abandon ship
    Our fleet stays more active when it matters to everyone we reach the daily chrons as a daily goal working as a team, so i don't want that motivation going away.
    ~ seeking out new life
  • Don't let a good thing die....where would the technology be today if we stopped with the manual crank phone....Hello Martha, don't stop now!!tettx1brwpc1.jpg
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also need an “other” as this won’t be a problem for our fleet for a loooong time.
  • edited March 2018
    There is no choice for "No".
    What is REALLY needed is for DB to finally fix the in-game sorting of the drop chances. Ever since the introduction of the "sorting", ship battles have been sorted WAY TOO LOW in every list, so people not using the wiki will constantly WASTE more than twice their chrons to get the items they need, as they'll often chose an away mission with a MUCH worse drop rate than the best ship battle mission.
    One other, extremely bad, game impeding side effect of this BUG is, that on average, WAY more away missions than ship battles are performed, which causes - and this is thread related - A HUGE BOTTLENECK OF HOLOEMITTERS.
    For example, in our fleet (starbase lvl.56, which isn't half bad), ALL 11 UPGRADABLE ROOMS are now stuck and waiting for Holoemitters.

DB, do better, and please fix this goddamn bug. It can't be that hard. Thank you very much.
  • We need this pronto, chrons are life
    We need more Starbase upgrades NOW! Fleets that spend the resources to max out their Starbase should not be penalized. I agree that if DB won't provide more Starbase rooms and upgrades to let fleets earn their 100 chrons per day, then they should be given the daily chrons as a reward for being dedicated enough to have finished their Starbase.
    I made a suggestion back in November, DB decided to go another direction & add 7 additional rooms with the same images as the original 7 rooms. Granted there are now a total of 16 rooms including the 2 for replication but my idea had a potential 45 rooms to donate to.
    https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/1663/images-inside-suggestion-how-to-further-donate-in-starbases/p1
    vsmxaemfudjs.jpg
    Joined game 6th March 2016
    Chroniton regeneration levels next, please? Purrhaps three rooms with 20 seconds each, so the recharge timer would go down when maxed by 60 seconds to 5 minutes for 1 chroniton recharge, the hourly recharge would then increase from 10 to 12 chronitons, which is not that much, it would be 48 chronitons more every day.

I was quite fortunate after the update of the Cryostasis Vault & the rewards for crew collections have bumped me up to 204 daily chroniton limit now.
    But I agree with your suggestion, we need more!
    Joined game 6th March 2016
  • Bri wrote: »
    Some of us are about to max out and will lose daily chrons.... how will this impact on your fleet?

Poll answer:No.

Its a limit. There is no 'losing out' because nothing is contractually promised.

• S14 Bri S14 Bri ✭✭✭
    Bri wrote: »

Poll answer:No.

Its a limit. There is no 'losing out' because nothing is contractually promised.

Irrespective of there being a contract... many people would disagree with you. Fortunately playing phone games doesn’t require contracts, signatures and small print. What a sad situation that would be.
    More types of Starbase rooms are good for every fleet. Customers like to have choices DB!
  • we dont need more. most fleets are not maxed out. let everyone catch up so the rich poor gap is closed a bit with relation to advantage in gauntlet and events. use your extra mats for replications.
  • S14 Bri S14 Bri ✭✭✭
    we dont need more. most fleets are not maxed out. let everyone catch up so the rich poor gap is closed a bit with relation to advantage in gauntlet and events. use your extra mats for replications.

Nah, we need more. Our starbase is at level83, not due to being rich, or spending dil etc... just simply being organized and working together
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah, just remove the dayly chron entirely and give a one time chrono boost for completed rooms/ problem solved.
    DB: Do Better
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maxing Star bases and getting the benefits are enough, we don’t need the daily chrons
    we dont need more. most fleets are not maxed out. let everyone catch up so the rich poor gap is closed a bit with relation to advantage in gauntlet and events. use your extra mats for replications.

Nah, we need more. Our starbase is at level83, not due to being rich, or spending dil etc... just simply being organized and working together

I think "having 45-50 people who log in daily" is a lot more valuable than "being organized and working together".
  • S14 Bri S14 Bri ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018

I think "having 45-50 people who log in daily" is a lot more valuable than "being organized and working together".

Well, you have to balance what you donate etc... and monitor the balance to make sure everyone is donating the necessary components... it’s not rocket science, but it goes a little deeper than simply logging in each day.
  • Oh God: Red Alert, Shields down, hull integrity down to 3%.... abandon ship
    STOP THE HOLOEMITTER TERROR!
  • <TGE> Darxide<TGE> Darxide ✭✭✭✭
    We're literally building our last room right now. Need more rooms or some other way to earn the daily chron bonus.
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jim Steele wrote: »
    Nah, just remove the dayly chron entirely and give a one time chrono boost for completed rooms/ problem solved.

That'd work too....
  • agree with giving a 100 chrons boost daily for fleets where they have finished everything. there will always be fleets that finish everything so adding more and more so frequently is not a great long term solution.
  • [10F] NewtonianQBalls[10F] NewtonianQBalls ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Go check your starbase as I see extra levels added to almost every room in mine as of a few minutes ago.
  • AmphistaffAmphistaff ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just posted in announcements, a ton of extra rooms.
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Starbases need an unlimited room. An empty pit we can throw stuff into that gives trivial awards should be sufficient. Said empty pit could also be a receptacle for things like Basic Spices and those weird uniforms that we have billions of.

And whilst we're on that subject some form of unlimited feature for Faction Reputation should be instituted as well. After say 1000 rep (ie 100 shuttle successes), we get a gift pack from that faction. Yes, I'm swiping this idea from WoW. Blizzards been at this longer than you, there's no shame in stealing ideas from them.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • S14 Bri S14 Bri ✭✭✭
    We have new starbase room levels now. Perfect timing!
  • For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ivanstone wrote: »
    Starbases need an unlimited room. An empty pit we can throw stuff into that gives trivial awards should be sufficient. Said empty pit could also be a receptacle for things like Basic Spices and those weird uniforms that we have billions of.

And whilst we're on that subject some form of unlimited feature for Faction Reputation should be instituted as well. After say 1000 rep (ie 100 shuttle successes), we get a gift pack from that faction. Yes, I'm swiping this idea from WoW. Blizzards been at this longer than you, there's no shame in stealing ideas from them.

And said gift pack could have a random crew from the pool that appears in the faction centre.
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ivanstone wrote: »

And said gift pack could have a random crew from the pool that appears in the faction centre.

I'm not opposed to such a thing but I suspect if that was instituted there would many, many posts about how rigged the loot boxes are. Personally I'd settle for extra 3* components.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals