No difficulty and timezone divisions
5% 8 votes
Flawed matchmaking system aka endless walls of clones
27% 40 votes
Illogical rewards distribution system
36% 54 votes

Comments

• Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭
    I have learned to deal with the RNG and reduce the bullcrits to a manageable level. That's a strategy issue more than anything.

With walls of clones, there is no strategy. There is spending merits only.
  • I was torn between rewards and clones, but went with rewards.

m2nadnazfkhh.png

Too much of this translates too =

zji16lxumtly.png

and this IMO.

rnncbuyccfzd.png

“You must understand that there is more than one path to the top of the mountain”
    ― Musashi, Japan's Greatest Swordsman and Samurai
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grant77 wrote: »
    With walls of clones, there is no strategy. There is spending merits only.

There is deciding when to spend merits and when to redshirt. One could argue that's a strategy. One could also argue it isn't.
  • Nero84 wrote: »
    I don't really consider any of them my most frustrating. What I find is most frustrating is getting trainers on streaks. I hate trainers so much!!!
    Give me ANYTHING else.

It counts as illogical rewards distribution system.
  • sorinevsorinev ✭✭✭
    For me, it's the match points vs opponent. A crew on the far left gives you 200 points, but the exact same crew on the far right gives you 10 points? What the hell is that? Yes I know it's based on rank, what I'm saying is that it's completely nonsensical. Why the hell would I fight the far right, if the exact same fight on the far left will give me 20x the points? It needs to be based on difficulty of the match or % chance of success or something that otherwise actually reflects the difficulty. More difficult, more points.
    [SSR] Sorin08
  • sorinev wrote: »
    For me, it's the match points vs opponent. A crew on the far left gives you 200 points, but the exact same crew on the far right gives you 10 points? What the hell is that? Yes I know it's based on rank, what I'm saying is that it's completely nonsensical. Why the hell would I fight the far right, if the exact same fight on the far left will give me 20x the points? It needs to be based on difficulty of the match or % chance of success or something that otherwise actually reflects the difficulty. More difficult, more points.

It can also be considered as illogical rewards system. Match points are some sort of reward.
  • None of the above. Too many clicks.
  • None of the above.
    Proud member of eXodus
    Join the eXo|plosion today!
  • AmphistaffAmphistaff ✭✭✭✭✭
    3* trainers
  • Trainers
  • Hunter247Hunter247 ✭✭✭✭
    All of the above to be honest
  • Nero84Nero84 ✭✭✭
    Nero84 wrote: »
    I don't really consider any of them my most frustrating. What I find is most frustrating is getting trainers on streaks. I hate trainers so much!!!
    Give me ANYTHING else.

It counts as illogical rewards distribution system.

I was thinking that but I don't have any major issues with the overall reward system. Just hate the trainers.
  • edited March 2018
    sorinev wrote: »

Well, you need to be able to do streaks of victories, and many people go for as few points as possible for roughly 80% of the gauntlet duration, and then explode with huge points for a top 15 finish. It makes sense, and it is a very valid gauntlet strategy

The way I am looking at it, is the crits that turn the safe to win round on its head and make you start shouting expletitives at your phone or computer because you lost a bout you should have really won.
  • sorinev wrote: »
    Actually, it's apparently more economical to go after streaks, and you'll get better streaks if you fight the guy on the right. If you get points too quickly, you advance on the leaderboard and thus face harder opponents. Advance less quickly, and you'll fight slightly easier opponents for longer, and get more wins.
  • sorinevsorinev ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Well, you need to be able to do streaks of victories, and many people go for as few points as possible for roughly 80% of the gauntlet duration, and then explode with huge points for a top 15 finish. It makes sense, and it is a very valid gauntlet strategy

I am aware, but that "strategy" does not justify or explain the design.

Besides, it's hard to constantly go for 10 pointers when winning one 10 point match puts someone who is 45 points on the far right, then 90 on the next one over, etc.
    [SSR] Sorin08
  • kapukapu ✭✭✭
    Trainers, by a nautical mile.

Who ever thought 3 star trainers is a valid reward should have over ripe tomatoes thrown at them. Repeatedly.
    Captain Lvl 99; Vip0; 552 Unique Immortals; Fleet: Omega Molecules; Base Lvl 134 (MAX); Playing Since March 2016.
  • For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭
    kapu wrote: »
    Trainers, by a nautical mile.

Who ever thought 3 star trainers is a valid reward should have over ripe tomatoes thrown at them. Repeatedly.

"Yes! 21 win streak! Let's open that box! Maybe I'll get a...oh...trainers"

Yeah, that **tsk tsk**.
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trainers are annoying, but if I have to suffer through them to get all the chrons and equipable 4* and 5* items gauntlet has given me, I'll get over it.
  • Having a 45% crit chance vs a 5% crit chance and getting fewer crits on 6 rolls consistently. It's a given that a 5% crit for the defender will generate at least 1 crit in 3 rolls and a 25% defender will crit 2 times out of 3. Whatever is necessary to beat you by 10-30 points.
    Dralix wrote: »
    Trainers are annoying, but if I have to suffer through them to get all the chrons and equipable 4* and 5* items gauntlet has given me, I'll get over it.

But...wouldn't it be better without the suffering?

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor

But...wouldn't it be better without the suffering?

Of course. But I've been gaming for a long time. I always knew when playing Diablo that I'd get more cracked sashes than Stones of Jordan.

I get that. But at the same time, if I kill the big boss and all he drops is a paltry amount of gold and a bronze dagger, I'll be pretty peeved. Similarly, if I rank in the top 5, or get a 20-30+ win streak and I can't get anything more than some trainers and polymers, I feel kind of ripped off.

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get that. But at the same time, if I kill the big boss and all he drops is a paltry amount of gold and a bronze dagger, I'll be pretty peeved. Similarly, if I rank in the top 5, or get a 20-30+ win streak and I can't get anything more than some trainers and polymers, I feel kind of ripped off.

A lot of games had controls to prevent repeated farming. The first time you killed that boss you got better drops than subsequent kills. Gauntlet doesn't have a one time guarantee, but does have the control against farming. I think it's needed given the amount of boxes you can open.

I wouldn't object to removing trainers or increasing drop rate of good stuff of course. But overall, gauntlet is more than worth the effort I've put into it, given the rewards I've got.

A lot of games had controls to prevent repeated farming. The first time you killed that boss you got better drops than subsequent kills. Gauntlet doesn't have a one time guarantee, but does have the control against farming. I think it's needed given the amount of boxes you can open.

I wouldn't object to removing trainers or increasing drop rate of good stuff of course. But overall, gauntlet is more than worth the effort I've put into it, given the rewards I've got.

Even after the fancy one time reward is gained, you usually have a guaranteed bottom level though, as in the boss is never going to drop 5gp.

That's what I feel is lacking in the guantlet right now, a sense that even if you don't get what you want, you at least won't get something totally worthless.

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Even after the fancy one time reward is gained, you usually have a guaranteed bottom level though, as in the boss is never going to drop 5gp.

That's what I feel is lacking in the guantlet right now, a sense that even if you don't get what you want, you at least won't get something totally worthless.

The closest thing gauntlet has is no trainers and no components less than 2* from a top 10 finish. I think no trainers and no components less than 2* for the top streak box would be reasonable.

You'd still get junk, but I don't complain about 2* databases, or 2*/3* champagne. One key to gauntlet success is leaving an item slot open to seed a desired drop.

The closest thing gauntlet has is no trainers and no components less than 2* from a top 10 finish. I think no trainers and no components less than 2* for the top streak box would be reasonable.

You'd still get junk, but I don't complain about 2* databases, or 2*/3* champagne. One key to gauntlet success is leaving an item slot open to seed a desired drop.

Yeah, I make sure to always have at least one or two slots of each item rarity open for item drops, but I can still get some junky polymers or other components I have a bunch of.

I'd be all for a guarantee for the top streak box, but I think 2* is a bit low for top 10, top 5 at least should be guaranteed 3*.

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    Top 10 finish already guarantees nothing lower than 3*. My suggestion is to do the same for the top streak box, so one tier lower.
  • So many to choose from, I can't decide.
    My biggest irritation is how necessary it is to play that stupid thing through 3 layers of RNG against the same clones. The Gauntlet, unfortunately, is the biggest supplier of Merits. NOT playing is not an option.
    I also hate everyone's complacency on the issue, especially the DB developers.
This discussion has been closed.